This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    So you want to pay him at least double than what you're paying now because he might be worth a million or 2 more in a year or two from now?
    Also its not the case all the time. Sure contract prices go up every year but it also depends on the player and the team.
    And based on the player and team...especially the players we need Odell more than Odell needs the Giants.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
      And based on the player and team...especially the players we need Odell more than Odell needs the Giants.
      I disagree. He wants to stay in a major market so he can get more endorsements. Odell needs the Giants more.

Comment

I disagree. He wants to stay in a major market so he can get more endorsements. Odell needs the Giants more.
        And that's true because....you say so? Not everyone is going to stay just because it's NYC dude. Teams know that and they don't care..and Odell wont either. I guarantee you there are PLENTY of teams willing to match the Giants or even more for him. And what good are the media endorsements in N.Y. if the media and fans **** on him every chance they get lol. He's going to get paid.
        Last edited by Rudy; 06-07-2017, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Odell needs the Giants more.
          That is ridiculous.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            The difference (to me at least), is that as Shockey's tenure went on, he made it clear he didn't want to be here. If you think Beckham is doing anything Shockey didn't do, you're(I don't mean you specifically) sorely mistaken. You know what we didn't have in 2004? Social media. Yuuuupppp....
            So, uh, when I joined the GMB in 2002 it was figment of my imagination? lol. I think they called it anti-social media in those dark ages. I would get on and talk to myself.
            Shockey pulled the same crap one year, was 2006 or 2007, for OTA's... stayed down in Miami to work with his buds instead of with the team up here. After 6 seasons with us, and every season and off season with many Me, Me, Me moments, most guys were happy to see him go. If Odell keeps his act up for 6 years of only caring for Me, Me, Me, most will be happy to see him go, too. Especially if he flames out again in playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
              That is ridiculous.
              Truly

Comment

• Just what we needed - another Odell thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  You asked why you usually find only breast these days, I answered the question. You can believe me of not, but I worked for a very long time in restaurants, mostly at high end and fine dining. One of my close friends is the chef who owns the last restaurant I worked in and I learned a lot from him and still do. We had half duck on the menu for a while, but it wasn't a popular item and we shrunk it way to often to keep on the menu when a change was needed, we went with sauteed duck breast instead and it quickly became one of our top sellers. But WTF do I know, you found a youtube video.
                  I think many restaurants would cook the duck almost all the way ahead of time, and then give it a quick reheat and / or broil once ordered? If that's true, I've never had an issue with the quality. I want that whole thing. I know it sounds disgusting, but I could probably eat just the skin from 2 or 3 of those ****ers. Last time we were away, I ordered a half duck at a nice seafood place the first night, and went back the next night for what I called "the other half".

Comment

Why spend money when you don't have to?
                    Because it's good business to take care of your assets. And football is a business. All the great players get extensions.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

So you want to pay him at least double than what you're paying now because he might be worth a million or 2 more in a year or two from now?
                      Also its not the case all the time. Sure contract prices go up every year but it also depends on the player and the team.
                      No, this is exactly how it works. Simply put, he's grossly underpaid. Now, in some scenarios, guys ride out those rookie contracts. But, when you outplay that, typically these guys get taken care of. .
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Because it's good business to take care of your assets. And football is a business. All the great players get extensions.
                        No, its smart business to keep your money in your pocket until you have to use it, they don't have to use yet. And if he wants to hold out it only hurts him.

Comment

No, this is exactly how it works. Simply put, he's grossly underpaid. Now, in some scenarios, guys ride out those rookie contracts. But, when you outplay that, typically these guys get taken care of. .
                          Hes already been paid millions to play a sport, he has not been grossly underpaid. He will get his contract eventually.

Comment

The difference (to me at least), is that as Shockey's tenure went on, he made it clear he didn't want to be here. If you think Beckham is doing anything Shockey didn't do, you're(I don't mean you specifically) sorely mistaken. You know what we didn't have in 2004? Social media. Yuuuupppp....
                            Well if we want to compare the two, Shockey actually showed up to OTA's the year he fought with Reese.

Comment

Hes already been paid millions to play a sport, he has not been grossly underpaid. He will get his contract eventually.
                              As mentioned in the other threads, he got that shoe contract because of the NFL, maybe being on the Giants even helped that. Did all the other receivers who's current salaries are being compared to his, play out their original contracts first? What is the percentage of players in general, who have honored what they signed and waited for their payday?

Comment

Well if we want to compare the two, Shockey actually showed up to OTA's the year he fought with Reese.
                                ...and then demanded a trade lol
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X