Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    ...sounds like a hair product or something....
    Sounds scandalous if you whisper it. A perfume maybe?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Ok, now if that were true why doesn't Brady, Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ben, Russel Wilson, have more major endorsements than Eli?
      Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Eli had more endorsements than all of them combined.
      in 2016
      Peyton Manning
      Drew Brees
      Cam Newton
      Russell Wilson
      Tom Brady

      All earned more than Eli. Eli makes $8 million / year in endorsements.

      The highest earning WR in 2016? Demaryius Thomas and Julio Jones

      Highest earning defensive player? Luke Kuechly

      Next 3 QBs after Eli? Flacco and then Rivers and then Bradford

      Look at how those NY teams dominate that list.....oh wait, only Eli...hmmmmmmmmmm

      btw-the next NY player was a Giant as well, Olivier Vernon, he comes in at 92nd on the list. He makes $200K per year in endorsements.
      Last edited by jmike; 06-08-2017, 10:46 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        No, its smart business to keep your money in your pocket until you have to use it, they don't have to use yet. And if he wants to hold out it only hurts him.
        The year you throw out is the last year. Virtually no team would do it any sooner.

        You rework and extend his deal beginning with the last year of this current deal.

        He won't hold out because the Giants can essentially out him on the sidelines for three years if they chose to and there's nothing he could do about it because his union agreed to these terms. But it would never get to that point anyway because I think both parties in this situation are smarter than the average sports message board poster.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          The year you throw out is the last year. Virtually no team would do it any sooner.

          You rework and extend his deal beginning with the last year of this current deal.

          He won't hold out because the Giants can essentially out him on the sidelines for three years if they chose to and there's nothing he could do about it because his union agreed to these terms. But it would never get to that point anyway because I think both parties in this situation are smarter than the average sports message board poster.
          IDK if smarter is the right term. There are plenty of highly intelligent people on these boards and intelligence does not always lead to smart decisions or thoughtful comments.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            awww you called her Jenn!! You really DO like her!!!
            lol! He loves her.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              Ok, now if that were true why doesn't Brady, Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ben, Russel Wilson, have more major endorsements than Eli?
              Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Eli had more endorsements than all of them combined.
              Don't you think they all have plenty of major endorsements in their regional market? I don't think Dunkin Donuts is running Eli Manning commercials in Peoria.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                IDK if smarter is the right term. There are plenty of highly intelligent people on these boards and intelligence does not always lead to smart decisions or thoughtful comments.
                I shan't pick nits with you. Fair enough although I push back gently on the ice oaf "plenty". You have read tagf or smack talk, yes?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  I shan't pick nits with you. Fair enough although I push back gently on the ice oaf "plenty". You have read tagf or smack talk, yes?
                  ok, plenty might have been too strong a word

                  My basic point is, sometimes smart people say and do dumb things. Sometimes they try to comment intelligently, but don't have the requisit experience to comment or act intelligently.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                    in 2016
                    Peyton Manning
                    Drew Brees
                    Cam Newton
                    Russell Wilson
                    Tom Brady

                    All earned more than Eli. Eli makes $8 million / year in endorsements.

                    The highest earning WR in 2016? Demaryius Thomas and Julio Jones

                    Highest earning defensive player? Luke Kuechly

                    Next 3 QBs after Eli? Flacco and then Rivers and then Bradford

                    Look at how those NY teams dominate that list.....oh wait, only Eli...hmmmmmmmmmm

                    btw-the next NY player was a Giant as well, Olivier Vernon, he comes in at 92nd on the list. He makes $200K per year in endorsements.
                    The two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback signed a four-year, $84 million contract extension in September 2015. The pact includes a $31 million signing bonus and $65 million in guarantees. After the retirement of his brother, Eli's career earnings are the highest among active players: $188 million.
                    From your Forbes.
                    Thats the bottom line.

                    You're combing contracts. The only ones that made more money off endorsements that year was Peyton(who owns part of papaJons and HOFer who was retiring) and Brees.
                    He's ahead of Brady, Rodgers, Watt and was making more 3 million more than Romo.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      Don't you think they all have plenty of major endorsements in their regional market? I don't think Dunkin Donuts is running Eli Manning commercials in Peoria.
                      Since the Bears dont have a QB, maaaybe

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        ok, plenty might have been too strong a word

                        My basic point is, sometimes smart people say and do dumb things. Sometimes they try to comment intelligently, but don't have the requisit experience to comment or act intelligently.
                        Apology accepted.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          lol! He loves her.
                          And she hates me. Thats how it usually goes.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            The two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback signed a four-year, $84 million contract extension in September 2015. The pact includes a $31 million signing bonus and $65 million in guarantees. After the retirement of his brother, Eli's career earnings are the highest among active players: $188 million.
                            From your Forbes.
                            Thats the bottom line.

                            You're combing contracts. The only ones that made more money off endorsements that year was Peyton(who owns part of papaJons and HOFer who was retiring) and Brees.
                            He's ahead of Brady, Rodgers, Watt and was making more 3 million more than Romo.
                            You are talking about 2015, I am talking about 2016 and the list is endorsement money only. Eli made $8 million in 2016. Peyton made $15 million and Brees made $12 million. What's next, going to bring up 2014? Explain again why Eli is the only NY football player approaching the top of the list in 2016? Wilson makes $2 million more than Eli with the same number of contracts. Did Seattle somehow become a big market in 2016, when did it pass NY?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              And she hates me. Thats how it usually goes.
                              I don't hate you.

                              Comment


                              • Luke Kuechly....that's an example of a player who was resigned before his rookie contract ran out. Know why? Cuz he was one of the best LBs in football....
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

                                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X