Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    And she hates me. Thats how it usually goes.
    So naturally you kill them to get even.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      So naturally you kill them to get even.
      I won't die so easy

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        Luke Kuechly....that's an example of a player who was resigned before his rookie contract ran out. Know why? Cuz he was one of the best LBs in football....
        Right. Just before the final year of his rookie deal. Which is when Beckham's should be done as well.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jmike View Post
          I won't die so easy
          I believe you.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jmike View Post
            You are talking about 2015, I am talking about 2016 and the list is endorsement money only. Eli made $8 million in 2016. Peyton made $15 million and Brees made $12 million. What's next, going to bring up 2014? Explain again why Eli is the only NY football player approaching the top of the list in 2016? Wilson makes $2 million more than Eli with the same number of contracts. Did Seattle somehow become a big market in 2016, when did it pass NY?
            Uhhh, Peyton didn't play last year.
            Do you know any other player on the Giants as accomplished as Eli besides Odell, who just signed a 45 million dollar contract with Nike. I'd say he stacks up pretty well with his peers. Other than Eli and Odell, who is truly great or more accomplished than those two on the Giants? Vernons a good player but we can all agree we overpaid for a need, which is fine.
            I dont understand how you don't realize that there are far better and more endorsement opportunities for him in a big market. This is true for any great athlete.

            Comment


            • But back to more important things. Wonder Woman

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                But back to more important things. Wonder Woman
                I've always been in love with Gal Gadot. She's an iinsanely beautiful woman.

                I hear the movie is actually excellent. I'll have to go check it out!
                Oderint Dum Metuant

                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  I've always been in love with Gal Gadot. She's an iinsanely beautiful woman.

                  I hear the movie is actually excellent. I'll have to go check it out!
                  Because she's Israeli, the film is banned in many Muslim countries.

                  Pretty friggin disgusting.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    Uhhh, Peyton didn't play last year.
                    Do you know any other player on the Giants as accomplished as Eli besides Odell, who just signed a 45 million dollar contract with Nike. I'd say he stacks up pretty well with his peers. Other than Eli and Odell, who is truly great or more accomplished than those two on the Giants? Vernons a good player but we can all agree we overpaid for a need, which is fine.
                    I dont understand how you don't realize that there are far better and more endorsement opportunities for him in a big market. This is true for any great athlete.
                    No, the great players it doesn't matter. Highlight reels, performance, and agent all have a significantly greater impact than city. It is a 24 hour worldwide news cycle, if you are a great player in the NFL everyone will know you and the big endorsement deals will be available to you. What the Giants paid for Vernon has no relavance to this discussion. He was the 2nd highest endorsment earning NY player, this includes the Jets, and he did it on a deal he signed while with Miami. He's the only other NY player in the top 100 in 2016, unless you count Buffalo as a NY team. Hardly a big market there.

                    Look at the other players on the list, they are not all big market players, most are in small markets, they aren't even all great players...Bradford? The top paid is already retired. And you want to claim that city is a big impact, that is absurd with any objective measure. If a good agent has a good, marketable player; they will get big endorsement deals regardless of market.

                    Look at the NBA, the top endorsement earners are from Cleveland and Golden State and Houston

                    In MLB it is Boston and Seattle and Detroit

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Uhhh, Peyton didn't play last year.
                      Do you know any other player on the Giants as accomplished as Eli besides Odell, who just signed a 45 million dollar contract with Nike. I'd say he stacks up pretty well with his peers. Other than Eli and Odell, who is truly great or more accomplished than those two on the Giants? Vernons a good player but we can all agree we overpaid for a need, which is fine.
                      I dont understand how you don't realize that there are far better and more endorsement opportunities for him in a big market. This is true for any great athlete.
                      You're wrong Dez.
                      The most visible two NFL endorsers are Peyton and Aaron Rodgers.
                      Indy, Denver and Green Bay for God's sake.

                      The NFL transcends markets due to it's national brand. It's the NFL brand that provides these endorsement opportunities, not the market they play in.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        You're wrong Dez.
                        The most visible two NFL endorsers are Peyton and Aaron Rodgers.
                        Indy, Denver and Green Bay for God's sake.

                        The NFL transcends markets due to it's national brand. It's the NFL brand that provides these endorsement opportunities, not the market they play in.
                        Thank you Morehead, stated that more efficiently than I could.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          You're wrong Dez.
                          The most visible two NFL endorsers are Peyton and Aaron Rodgers.
                          Indy, Denver and Green Bay for God's sake.

                          The NFL transcends markets due to it's national brand. It's the NFL brand that provides these endorsement opportunities, not the market they play in.
                          Peyton owns part of Pappa Johns and is arguably one of the best QBs to ever play. Dont know about now but two years ago Eli was making more in endorsements than Rodgers and Rodgers is a better player and he was making more than Brady and JJ, also both better players.

                          Comment


                          • Do you think anyone would remember the catch if he played for another team? It would be a highlight for a day or two and be forgotten.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              Peyton owns part of Pappa Johns and is arguably one of the best QBs to ever play. Dont know about now but two years ago Eli was making more in endorsements than Rodgers and Rodgers is a better player and he was making more than Brady and JJ, also both better players.
                              And the only factor of difference you see is the city they play in?

                              Ben's a great QB too, I wonder why he doesn't make much money in endorsments. It has to be because he played in Pittsburgh, those rape allegations have nothing to do with it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                Do you think anyone would remember the catch if he played for another team? It would be a highlight for a day or two and be forgotten.
                                everyone would

                                nobody even cares that the Giants lost the game.....they only care about the catch

                                Do you think everyone knows David Tyree because he played for the New York Giants? Or do you think the catch he made in the Super Bowl has something to do with it?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X