X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    I dig man.

Probably the duck I've had in restaurants was pre-cooked to a degree. I still enjoyed it. I'd love to make it at home but there are no reputable butcher's around here.
    Try a frozen one. But don't get the smallest one, like I made the mistake of last time. Get ready for a ton of grease under the rack. They take a long time to defrost, BTW.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
      It was around $24. It had a lot of plum sauce on it, which might have made it easier to pass off. I enjoyed it immensely, which is all that matters.
      It is all that matters. The chef I worked for was very particular about what he served. Stuff that most reasonable people would say is fine was discarded. As I said, he cared more about the quality and the perfection of the food than the people eating it and paying for it.

I had one customer who was unhappy with the medium rare steak he ordered because it was still red and pink inside and wasn't cooked all the way refuse to allow me to have the kitchen prepare a new one. He said those cooks will spit in my food or something. I said no they won't, not because they wouldn't do that to you, but because they wouldn't do that to something they prepared.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
        Now let all the duck homers and haters come...
        I prefer the term, duck realist.

Comment

• giantsfan420 is officially insane.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

giantsfan420 is officially insane.
            That's been official for a while. But yes.....The whole Jimmy Page thing was unsettling.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              That's been official for a while. But yes.....The whole Jimmy Page thing was unsettling.
              you guys still read his stuff...I stopped trying to desipher his incoherent drival a while ago

Comment

giantsfan420 is officially insane.
                Yup; looks like someone read a new book.

Comment

• I am soooooooooo tired. I wasn't paying attention this morning and made coffee without putting a filter in, so then I had a mess to clean up, so I was running late because I had also overslept, so I had to take the GD bus and now I still haven't had any coffee because somone broke the pot this morning.

Today is not going well so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                    I am soooooooooo tired. I wasn't paying attention this morning and made coffee without putting a filter in, so then I had a mess to clean up, so I was running late because I had also overslept, so I had to take the GD bus and now I still haven't had any coffee because somone broke the pot this morning.

You're supposed to use a filter?

Comment

You're supposed to use a filter?
                      nah....filterless Camels, son!
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        nah....filterless Camels, son!
                        Don't know. Never had a cigarette or a cup of coffee in my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          I am soooooooooo tired. I wasn't paying attention this morning and made coffee without putting a filter in, so then I had a mess to clean up, so I was running late because I had also overslept, so I had to take the GD bus and now I still haven't had any coffee because somone broke the pot this morning.

Someone needs to make a coffee run. Is Barbara in yet? She never needs to be asked twice to jake off work for a little while. Send her

Comment

No Virginia Slims with your White Zin? That's practically scandalous.

Comment

• btw, I've got a bunch of italians doing stone work in my backyard. Do I have to tip in lira or should I just go with an orange for each of them?

Comment

coffee is delicious.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Working...
                                X