This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    btw, I've got a bunch of italians doing stone work in my backyard. Do I have to tip in lira or should I just go with an orange for each of them?
    I'm pretty sure it'd be rather insulting to tip them in a currency that hasn't been used in 18 years.....but that's just me....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I actually just found a few thousand lira in one my my lockboxes at home. Not sure where it came from; I've never been to Italy, let alone in the 90s...
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

btw, I've got a bunch of italians doing stone work in my backyard. Do I have to tip in lira or should I just go with an orange for each of them?
        IDK, if you are paying them directly then I don't see you need to tip them, but maybe if they are working for the person you paid for the work. Whenever I need any work done I can't do myself, I just call my contractor and he has specifically told me not to tip whoever he sends. But if it is summertime work, I always put out a couple of big pitchers of Iced tea and Lemonade for them with some bottled waters and fruit to snack on as they work. In the winter coffee and muffins.

Comment

• Here's a tip:

Don't be sarcastic to Italians working with concrete.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            coffee is delicious.
            It's even better with cigarettes.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
              Here's a tip:

Don't be sarcastic to Italians working with concrete.
              Also; never start a land war in Asia.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                IDK, if you are paying them directly then I don't see you need to tip them, but maybe if they are working for the person you paid for the work. Whenever I need any work done I can't do myself, I just call my contractor and he has specifically told me not to tip whoever he sends. But if it is summertime work, I always put out a couple of big pitchers of Iced tea and Lemonade for them with some bottled waters and fruit to snack on as they work. In the winter coffee and muffins.
                Good idea to ask the contractor... some of them get paid horribly, and a tip is very appreciated and needed. Some, the contractor is a good guy and takes care of them.
                Recently my docs told me to cut down on caffeine... I usually had 10-12 cups a day for the last 50 years. I'd be very unhappy with no morning coffee.

Comment

It's even better with cigarettes.
                  This is why I go to work earlier, just to enjoy both at the same time before my hellacious days.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I'm pretty sure it'd be rather insulting to tip them in a currency that hasn't been used in 18 years.....but that's just me....
                    C'mon man, the euro is dead. Everybody knows that.

Comment

I actually just found a few thousand lira in one my my lockboxes at home. Not sure where it came from; I've never been to Italy, let alone in the 90s...
                      How fast can you get here?

Comment

I called my wife and asked her what to do. She also said the iced tea and lemonade thing. And she told me a tip wasn't necessary as long as I wore a short skirt and bent over often. She's so crazy; I have no idea what that means.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                          Good idea to ask the contractor... some of them get paid horribly, and a tip is very appreciated and needed. Some, the contractor is a good guy and takes care of them.
                          Recently my docs told me to cut down on caffeine... I usually had 10-12 cups a day for the last 50 years. I'd be very unhappy with no morning coffee.
                          IDK what he pays them to be honest, but everyone he has ever sent here seemed happy to be working with him. All I know is I pay him and he takes care of it from there. It is really nice to have one person you can trust for any repair or construction needs.

Comment

I called my wife and asked her what to do. She also said the iced tea and lemonade thing. And she told me a tip wasn't necessary as long as I wore a short skirt and bent over often. She's so crazy; I have no idea what that means.
                            LOL

Comment

LOL
                              +1
                              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."
                              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Persi?

Comment

Working...
                                X