X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    Yeah 495 over the bleachers?

Dang.
    I used to go to a ton of games, and that's the damn furthest I've ever seen. I saw A-Rod take it to the back of the bleachers in left-center once, but....Never this....jeez
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      I used to go to a ton of games, and that's the damn furthest I've ever seen. I saw A-Rod take it to the back of the bleachers in left-center once, but....Never this....jeez
      "Orioles manager Buck Showalter said, half-jokingly, that he would like to position fielders in the bullpens when Judge bats."

Yea Iv never seen it hit that far. No where close.

Comment

• Sorry I missed your concert MH

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          "Orioles manager Buck Showalter said, half-jokingly, that he would like to position fielders in the bullpens when Judge bats."

Yea Iv never seen it hit that far. No where close.
          I saw Teixiera homer to each side of the upper decks that I've wondered how far they WOULD have traveled had the stands not been in the way, but, I guess that doesn't count lol
          Last edited by JPizzack; 06-12-2017, 09:23 AM.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os0yj26xzVs
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Sorry I missed your concert MH

Just a practice show. Have a lot to work on.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Just a practice show. Have a lot to work on.
                Nice guitar.

Comment

• Judge has a ways to go... can he hit one as far as the Mick?
                  http://www.themick.com/10homers.html

It doesn't seem possible. I'm not sure the mathematicians got it right... 734 feet??? Can you imagine a ball going nearly 240 feet further than Judge's hit yesterday?
                  My first game at the stadium was 1958(with a PAL team. The coach treated us all and rented a small bus to take us there... great guy). Sat in the centerfield bleachers. I remember looking up at that fašade, amazed at how high it was. I knew the lore that no baseball had ever been hit out of the stadium. Just to the left of the seats below the fašade you had the bullpen, and I thought that someone would have to hit is over the pen to get one out. If Mick hit his shot 30 feet further left it would have gone out.
                  In that game against the White Sox (good team... Nellie Fox, Luis Aparicio, Johnny Callison, Norm Cash, Tito Francona) it was big **** Donovan pitching against Whitey Ford. Around the 7th inning, at 0-0, Whitey was behind on the count to **** Donovan and grooved one down the middle, and Donovan crushed it into the centerfield bleachers about 8-10 rows in front of us with a man on. A mighty wallop, and the Sox beat Whitey 2-0.
                  I also saw Roger Maris hit his 54th at the stadium in '61. That same game Mick tried to get on with a drag bunt down the first base line and hurt his knee and came out of the game. Because of that he only played in two of the world series games that the Yanks beat the Reds, 4-1.
                  My other memorable game at the stadium was when Mick hit the 10th inning walk off HR off of Barney Schultz. I was in the mezzanine right behind the plate. Great seat. Great game. .
                  I loved that stadium. It had so much tradition.

Comment

Nice guitar.
                    I gotta agree...that is the best guitar I've ever owned.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                      Judge has a ways to go... can he hit one as far as the Mick?

It doesn't seem possible. I'm not sure the mathematicians got it right... 734 feet??? Can you imagine a ball going nearly 240 feet further than Judge's hit yesterday?
                      My first game at the stadium was 1958(with a PAL team. The coach treated us all and rented a small bus to take us there... great guy). Sat in the centerfield bleachers. I remember looking up at that fašade, amazed at how high it was. I knew the lore that no baseball had ever been hit out of the stadium. Just to the left of the seats below the fašade you had the bullpen, and I thought that someone would have to hit is over the pen to get one out. If Mick hit his shot 30 feet further left it would have gone out.
                      In that game against the White Sox (good team... Nellie Fox, Luis Aparicio, Johnny Callison, Norm Cash, Tito Francona) it was big **** Donovan pitching against Whitey Ford. Around the 7th inning, at 0-0, Whitey was behind on the count to **** Donovan and grooved one down the middle, and Donovan crushed it into the centerfield bleachers about 8-10 rows in front of us with a man on. A mighty wallop, and the Sox beat Whitey 2-0.
                      I also saw Roger Maris hit his 54th at the stadium in '61. That same game Mick tried to get on with a drag bunt down the first base line and hurt his knee and came out of the game. Because of that he only played in two of the world series games that the Yanks beat the Reds, 4-1.
                      My other memorable game at the stadium was when Mick hit the 10th inning walk off HR off of Barney Schultz. I was in the mezzanine right behind the plate. Great seat. Great game. .

Mickey Mantle's 3 monster HRs at Griffith stadium

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                        Judge has a ways to go... can he hit one as far as the Mick?

Yea its still sad they tore it down.
                        There was one Mick hr that hit the facade in right so hard it bounced back into the infield.

Comment

Yea its still sad they tore it down.
                          There was one Mick hr that hit the facade in right so hard it bounced back into the infield.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                            Yup. Yogi said the ball was still rising too.

Comment

Yup. Yogi said the ball was still rising too.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                lol guy was theee man.

Comment

Working...
                                X