This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
    I'm referring to the shooting of the Congressmen today. It was not a Muslim. If it had been we'd all have a raft of **** coming at us from the Donald, and many others, about Muslim terrorists. I'm not anxious for that angle to play out too often on our soil. It justifies more military spending and more hatred for Muslims.... you know, we have to defend ourselves from the Muslim terrorists, so lets' make sure our defense budget of 750 Billion is increased some more.to account for these bad guys.
    I am of the opinion that the military, border security and internal security is exactly what the government should be spending its time and money on. Would you prefer they spend more on a health care bill that only benefits the insurance companies and US Congressmen? Or do they need to do more investigations into what Roger Clemons injected into his left buttcheek? How about a few more million on programs and benefits that incentivize teenage girls to have babies out of wedlock and remain dependent on the government for life? Of all the things the government does, one of the very few that they don't completely bollux up 6 ways from Wednesday is maintaining a strong military presence. I don't think the religious belief of one particular criminal should have any impact on policy. If it does that we have done a very poor job in electing our representatives and have no one but ourselves to blame for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      I am of the opinion that the military, border security and internal security is exactly what the government should be spending its time and money on. Would you prefer they spend more on a health care bill that only benefits the insurance companies and US Congressmen? Or do they need to do more investigations into what Roger Clemons injected into his left buttcheek? How about a few more million on programs and benefits that incentivize teenage girls to have babies out of wedlock and remain dependent on the government for life? Of all the things the government does, one of the very few that they don't completely bollux up 6 ways from Wednesday is maintaining a strong military presence. I don't think the religious belief of one particular criminal should have any impact on policy. If it does that we have done a very poor job in electing our representatives and have no one but ourselves to blame for that.
      When have we ever done a good job voting for our representatives? They are all bought and paid for by Pharma,Military, and a dozen other interests.
      I believe that out military defense is WAY adequate, considering the fact that there will likely never be a nuclear showdown between us and China, or Russia. The stakes are too high, and we are too far ahead of them both because of our incredible spending. We have HUNDREDS of planes and military equipment in mothballs in the dry desert. Yet, we keep building more jets, more tanks, more destroyers, etc. every single year because they must replace the equipment that was the best in the world 10 years ago, but doesn't have all of today's bells and whistles.
      We owe China, the biggest communist country in the world, trillions of dollars.... them and that other Communist country Russia that we were taught in the 50's and 60's and 70's were evil, with a system that would fail. Our democracy and Capitalism would prevail.
      And, here we owe them trillions, and the debt grows by millions every single day.
      So, I say to put a curb on spending on new Military equipment and let's pay attention to our decaying infrastructure of roads and bridges.
      These politicians only know how to spend... yet they never cut anything down to compensate, unless they threaten, as usual, to use Social Security to pay for their inability to manage a budget.

Comment

When have we ever done a good job voting for our representatives? They are all bought and paid for by Pharma,Military, and a dozen other interests.
        I believe that out military defense is WQAY adequate, considering the fact that there will likely never be a nuclear showdown between us and China, or Russia. The stakes are too high, and we are too far ahead of them both because of our incredible spending. We have HUNDREDS of planes and military equipment in mothballs in the dry desert. Yet, we keep building more jets, more tanks, more destryers, etc. every single year because they must replace the equipment that was the best in the world 10nyears ago, but doesn't have all of today's bells and whistles.
        We owe China, the biggest communist country in the world, trillions of dollars.... them and that other Communist country Russia that we were taught in the 50's and 60's and 70's were evil, with a system that would fail. Our democracy and Capitalism would prevail.
        And, here we owe them trillions, and the debt grows by millions every single day.
        So, I say to put a curb on spending on new Military equipment and let's pay attention to our decaying infrastructure of roads and bridges.
        These politicians only know how to spend... yet they never cut anything down to compensate, unless they threaten, as usual, to use Social Security to pay for their inability to manage a budget.
        The states should be maintaining roads and bridges. The federal government wastes plenty of money, but I think they should first curb their spending on useless things before they start trimming away at the things that they should be focused on. When you decide to cut down on your personal spending to you start by spending less on food and power, or do you stop eating out, going to the movies, spending $200 a week at the bar, make a few less trips to vagas and stop attaching $100 bills to balloons with notes to find out where they land? Sure maybe it doesn't have to be 63 degrees in the house in February, but that is at least wasted money on something that is actually beneficial to you.

Comment

• I don't disagree with you. I simply said I was glad the shooting wasn't by a Muslim. People need to remember we have jerks just as bad. The problems are always with the zealots who take selected portions of the Koran and the Bible literally.
          Meanwhile, check out some stories about where our money is wasted.
          https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...JLFQs2kjsO4He-
          And,
          https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...u5iPzFwt-B8RdQ
          Here's a beauty on our newest fighter jet... just a damned drain on taxpayer money that could be used to repay debt.
          http://www.taxpayer.net/library/arti...FVVXDQod2y0GyQ

Comment

• Enough of the politics. Let's talk about happier things.

Comment

Enough of the politics. Let's talk about happier things.
              https://www.craigslist.org/about/bes...953862045.html
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Dolly Pinball.
                When I was 12 it was a nickel a game, and it was an art to get as much shake as possible out of the machine without causing TILT.

Comment

• I think $750 is a little steep, but then again I'm not in the vintage pinball market much.
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• I think it's a steal.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      MH wants to exterminate the fatties. hahahaahahaaa
                      No...Just cover up that ****.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Dolly Pinball.
                        When I was 12 it was a nickel a game, and it was an art to get as much shake as possible out of the machine without causing TILT.
                        My favorite two pinball machines.
                        1. Freedom
                        2. Evel Kneivel.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Zim-
                          Go for it; life's too short.

If you get it, I wouldn't mind an invitation to your house to play some, preferably before a Giants game, since I'm the one that brought this sought after gem to your attention.

Ideally you'd also invite Jenn, Rudy, Jimmie, or anybody that can cook up a spread (not sure if the afformentioned can cook at all) but you can decide for yourself. I have faith in your judgement.

Also, if you live more than 20 minutes from me, I'm out. I can't deal with long rides anymore.
                          "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Also, Morehead is invited to bring his band and rock us through the evening.
                            "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                              Zim-
                              Go for it; life's too short.

If you get it, I wouldn't mind an invitation to your house to play some, preferably before a Giants game, since I'm the one that brought this sought after gem to your attention.

Ideally you'd also invite Jenn, Rudy, Jimmie, or anybody that can cook up a spread (not sure if the afformentioned can cook at all) but you can decide for yourself. I have faith in your judgement.

Also, if you live more than 20 minutes from me, I'm out. I can't deal with long rides anymore.
                              hahaha... It all sounded promising until the end.. We'll raise a toast to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                see, you killed the fun
                                Not true. I just transferred it.

Comment

Working...
                                X