This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
    I'm referring to the shooting of the Congressmen today. It was not a Muslim. If it had been we'd all have a raft of **** coming at us from the Donald, and many others, about Muslim terrorists. I'm not anxious for that angle to play out too often on our soil. It justifies more military spending and more hatred for Muslims.... you know, we have to defend ourselves from the Muslim terrorists, so lets' make sure our defense budget of 750 Billion is increased some more.to account for these bad guys.

I actually heard a guy today say that a muslim can't be president because he puts Allah before country but a christian can because it is ok to put God before country. He based this on the founding fathers being christians.

You simply can not unwind that kind of stupidity in less than few hundred years.

Comment

• I'm buying that.

Sarcasman, not the government

ps - I'm happy to provide all of the JBB come alongs but really, JP and MH are the only ones likely to come. Jimmie, good luck getting Fez to ride share with you.
      Last edited by Sarcasman; 06-14-2017, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        I actually heard a guy today say that a muslim can't be president because he puts Allah before country but a christian can because it is ok to put God before country. He based this on the founding fathers being christians.

You simply can not unwind that kind of stupidity in less than few hundred years.
        I remember 1960... there were a lot of people, Republicans mostly, saying that JFK could not be President because he was Roman Catholic and would have to defer to the Pope.
        hahahaha.
        There are millions of great Muslim peoples who have their priorities in check. Perhaps someday, but it won't matter to me what religion they are... I vote for the person without consideration for their religion. They won't get far in politics in this country if their religion dictates their actions.

Comment

He likely meant Sharia Law which I agree with him. Sharia Law contradicts the constitution.

Comment

And yet we have 240 years as the most prosperous, powerful and just country on the planet.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              He likely meant Sharia Law which I agree with him. Sharia Law contradicts the constitution.
              So, a Muslim can't possibly put the country first but Christians can?

That almost sounds um, what's that word?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                And yet we have 240 years as the most prosperous, powerful and just country on the planet.
                I agree. Made even more amazing when you consider the number of morons.

Comment

So, a Muslim can't possibly put the country first but Christians can?

That almost sounds um, what's that word?
                  I never said that. I said if they put Sharia Law before the constitution I wouldn't want them as president or anywhere near any other political office.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    I wouldn't mind, if you listed some examples of what you're saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                      I wouldn't mind, if you listed some examples of what you're saying.
                      Well, the killing of all non believers goes against the freedom of religion thingy for starters.....

Comment

• Giants have been very impressed early on with Davis Webb. Coaches love how quickly he is taking everything in and also putting in extra work in the gym. Hopefully more good things to come for the rookie.

Good shtuff, goood shtuff.

Comment

Enough of the politics. Let's talk about happier things.
                          anarchy?

Comment

Not true. I just transferred it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                              anarchy?
                              Even that's just not the same as it used to be.
                              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."
                              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

There are millions of great Muslim peoples who have their priorities in check.
                                This is very true, but there are billions of muslim and the majority of them don't. The majority of them believe in Sharia law, which to the values of this counry, means their priorities are not in order. Now don't take that to mean I think that I think that to be muslim means to have your priorities out of whack, I do not think that. The media is currently pushing the agenda that the vast majority of muslims in the world share our values and it is only the small vocal minority that is the problem. That simply isn't the case, it is the other way around. Though, to be fair, maybe they have it right and when my race has been run I will learn that they have had it right all along. At least I know I won't end up being part of someone's reward of virgins in the afterlife.

Comment

Working...
                                X