This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    The leaders that are moderate need to speak out and denounce what the radical groups are doing, they are not doing that. By their non-action they are showing their approval. When the only voice they are hearing from their religious leaders is one of hate and tolorance, that is the voice they will listen to. That is true for any belief system, any one can be twisted and used by evil people to persuade and control, and they all have been at one time or another; at one scale or another. The real problem is the exsistence of organized religion, which they all do more to divide people than to bring them together. The whole concept of somebody telling me what I should believe without proof is so foreign to me that I cannot understand why anybody would join or follow any religion. To me it seems contrary to the notion of a belief system.

Wow, reminds me of arguments with my mother. She would put or hang a cross in my room everyday, and everyday I would take it down.
    lol about your Mom. I'd love to talk a few hours about my mom.
    So, there are 2.2 billion Muslims... nearly one-third the population.
    Let's say only 10% of them observe strict Sharia Law and interpretation of the Koran.... that is 220 Million.
    Let's say only one half of one percent are rabid, and potential nut case terrorists...... That is 1.1 Million potential terrorists.
    Hard to control.
    You are right about the problem... organized religions. It's all about control and getting as many followers as possible that you can brainwash to believe what you believe. I give Martin Luther a pass because he was motivated by the corruption in the Catholic Church, and not by wishing to control others.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      I never said that. I said if they put Sharia Law before the constitution I wouldn't want them as president or anywhere near any other political office.
      True, you did not. I feel exactly the same way about christian politicians.

I guess I don't understand why one would be concerned about it for a Muslim but not a Christian or any other religion.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
        So, there are 2.2 billion Muslims... nearly one-third the population.
        Let's say only 10% of them observe strict Sharia Law and interpretation of the Koran.... that is 220 Million.
        This is where people are not getting the scope of the problem. A 2015 survey of muslins living in non-muslin countries showed that 76% of them believed in Sharia Law. It is expected to show a higher percentage than that within muslim counties. So we are talking about 1.7 billion or so of them.

Comment

This is where people are not getting the scope of the problem. A 2015 survey of muslins living in non-muslin countries showed that 76% of them believed in Sharia Law. It is expected to show a higher percentage than that within muslim counties. So we are talking about 1.7 billion or so of them.
          And thats extremely troubling. I was just about to look that up.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
            So, there are 2.2 billion Muslims...
            ...and that's just in Paterson.....
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Im tellin yas, we're all alien hybrids.

Comment

Yea, but that kinda makes sense to me from a logic standpoint. You're talking about a country that ISN'T Muslim, and then stating that those minority, the Muslims, aren't tolerant of other religions? Color me shocked.

It's like being a Yankee fan stuck in a group of 100 Red Sox fans at Fenway and then saying "The Yankee fan hates Red Sox fans", well no **** Sherlock lol.

Obviously, a terrible comparison, but, that statistic is about as shocking as the revelation that Dezz kills hookers.
                Last edited by JPizzack; 06-15-2017, 12:08 PM.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  Yea, but that kinda makes sense to me from a logic standpoint. You're talking about a country that ISN'T Muslim, and then stating that those minority, the Muslims, aren't tolerant of other religions? Color me shocked.

It's like being a Yankee fan stuck in a group of 100 Red Sox fans at Fenway and then saying "The Yankee fan hates Red Sox fans", well no **** Sherlock lol.
                  Whats the logical standpoint? That it's our fault the bad ones hate? This is a religion Pizz, they/their ancestors believed it before they even came here.

Comment

Well, the killing of all non believers goes against the freedom of religion thingy for starters.....
                    The Bible commands christians to proselytize which also goes against the freedom of religion thingy.

Comment

They can't even tolerate their own, right in their native countries. Look at the daily mass killings over there, mostly in public places that are not declared war zones, many times using women and children to carry it out.

Comment

Obviously, a terrible comparison, but, that statistic is about as shocking as the revelation that Dezz kills hookers.
                        Why then, of all the countries surveyed, did the US show the lowest percentage of muslins who believed in Sharia law? If your hypothesis was true, then the US would be expected to have the highest percentage. Sharia Law is not about toloance to other religions, but about the rights and the value of the people governed by it.

Comment

Whats the logical standpoint? That it's our fault the bad ones hate? This is a religion Pizz, they/their ancestors believed it before they even came here.
                          No....the logic is that of the statistic. 75% of muslims in non-muslim countries believe in sharia law is not a shocking stat given the environment.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            The Bible commands christians to proselytize which also goes against the freedom of religion thingy.
                            That pretty much means sell the religion and try to convert people. We Americans are free to say no thanks. Under Sharia law we would have no say, or no head.

Comment

Frankly, any religious persone would face the same issue. If they are true to their religion than that will come first and the country second and will disqualify them IMO. If they can put the country first than their specific religion, which is clearly secondary to them, does not matter IMO. You cannot believe in Sharia Law and the Constitution/Bill of Rights. They are contradictory. So if a self proclaimed muslim can believe in the Constitution/Bill of Rights, then they are perfectly qualified. Not all muslims believe in Sharia Law, many people from all religions pick and choose what they wish to believe from the teachings. There is nothing wrong with that, that is what belief is and it is individual. Only those who can't think for themselves will follow any organised religion without interpreting it to their own belief and values.

Now we're just violently agreeing.

Comment

• Muslims are met with hate, even here, regardless of their actual personal beliefs. My point was I'm not surprised that elsewhere, it's BAD
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X