This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    No....the logic is that of the statistic. 75% of muslims in non-muslim countries believe in sharia law is not a shocking stat given the environment.
    So its all our fault. Got it.

BLESS YOUR HEART

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      Let them eat cake
      Didn't know you went to Manhattan, Zim; I went to Iona and spent most of my college years in the Manhattan College bars since most of friends went there for engineering and it was close to where I lived. 16 years of strict catholic schoolin'

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
        ...and that's just in Paterson.....
        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          Now we're just violently agreeing.
          No, just agreeing. I'm just verbally violent all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

BLESS YOUR HEART
            lol I'm not even talking specifically about the US. If anything, we're probably the easiest going (which, is crazy considering the bible thumpers and trumpists).

Like I said earlier, it was a dumb comparison, but you equate it to being in a hostile environment as an outsider. It's NOT SURPRISING....
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• FFS, we need football.....this **** is unbearable.....
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

No....the logic is that of the statistic. 75% of muslims in non-muslim countries believe in sharia law is not a shocking stat given the environment.
                Do you understand what Sharia Law is? Your logic, and I can understand where you are coming from but it is mis-applied in this case, is not supported by the reality of the situation.

So what you are saying is that if I choose to emmigrate to a muslin country, I will believe more strongly in the Constitution/Bill of Rights because I live there? I don't agree with that logic. I actually don't think "logic" would apply to the given statement.

Comment

That pretty much means sell the religion and try to convert people. We Americans are free to say no thanks. Under Sharia law we would have no say, or no head.
                  Fair enough. We can just solve the problem by controlling our woman's reproductive rights to keep the number of christians on pace with those flourishing muslims!

Comment

BLESS YOUR HEART

No, only partially.

And keep your crazy religion out it. I assume you are a fanatical zealot. That's not personal, I'm just trying to fit in and it seems that's our starting point for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      No, only partially.

And keep your crazy religion out it. I assume you are a fanatical zealot. That's not personal, I'm just trying to fit in and it seems that's our starting point for everyone.
                      I don't see anyone here calling anybody a fanatical zealot.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        Do you understand what Sharia Law is? Your logic, and I can understand where you are coming from but it is mis-applied in this case, is not supported by the reality of the situation.

So what you are saying is that if I choose to emmigrate to a muslin country, I will believe more strongly in the Constitution/Bill of Rights because I live there? I don't agree with that logic. I actually don't think "logic" would apply to the given statement.
                        For ****s sake, nevermind.....I didn't think I was saying something so convoluted that multiple people are interpreting it different ways. Why are we even talking about this?
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

For ****s sake, nevermind.....I didn't think I was saying something so convoluted that multiple people are interpreting it different ways. Why are we even talking about this?
                          Because Zim was happy the shooter wasn't muslim and I asked why it mattered.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                            I don't see anyone here calling anybody a fanatical zealot.
                            Hes kidding.

Comment

I didn't think I was saying something so convoluted that multiple people are interpreting it different ways. Why are we even talking about this?
                              You are. You're not grasping the fact that this belief has been around for hundreds of years and has nothing to do with how we treat them. We are simply non believers who should either convert or die. Thats it.

Its almost like your say "Well I can understand why the Nazis hated us, we were very mean to Germany in WW1." No, they were brainwashed fanatics that wanted a greater Germany.

Comment

Why are we even talking about this?
                                Because me and Jen are proselytizing our domestic and foreign policy.

Comment

Working...
                                X