Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATEOTD, it doesn't matter. As long as there are evil people in this world there will be evil things that happen. You can't blame this religion or that religion, or one ideolgy over another, evil will find a way. They will find a tool and use it to control others. Evil will even make those battling evil become evil themselves, if they lose sight of why they battle. The best we can do is be the person we want to be and act when action is needed without judging or hating in return. Very difficult things to do, but never lose sight of the goal, because when you do, you have already lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      Didn't know you went to Manhattan, Zim; I went to Iona and spent most of my college years in the Manhattan College bars since most of friends went there for engineering and it was close to where I lived. 16 years of strict catholic schoolin'
      The Pinewood on Broadway and 242nd, was our main bar in the 60's.
      Yeah, I was in the Engineering Bldg.
      I went to public HS, wrapped around catholic Grammar and College. I could have gone to any Catholic HS I wanted to, full boat to play basketball, but the public HS was 150 yds from my house and I lobbied my mom to go there instead of taking busses or trains to Chaminade or St. Mary's or St. Dominic's, which were my (3) closest Catholic high schools. Lots of good Catholic colleges in the NY area.

Comment

• Tom Coughlin built the arc in the middle of the desert. The only wood he had was under his toga.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
          ATEOTD, it doesn't matter. As long as there are evil people in this world there will be evil things that happen. You can't blame this religion or that religion, or one ideolgy over another, evil will find a way. They will find a tool and use it to control others. Evil will even make those battling evil become evil themselves, if they lose sight of why they battle. The best we can do is be the person we want to be and act when action is needed without judging or hating in return. Very difficult things to do, but never lose sight of the goal, because when you do, you have already lost.
          yup... there will always be evil people. Religion just gives some of them an excuse to justify their evil ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            Fair enough. We can just solve the problem by controlling our woman's reproductive rights to keep the number of christians on pace with those flourishing muslims!
            More catholic population and more money coming in was the primary motivation for the Catholic Church to condemn birth control.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
              More catholic population and more money coming in was the primary motivation for the Catholic Church to condemn birth control.
              Tax religion for one year in the States, and fix the national debt. lol
              Tax it permanently, and the rest of us can live comfortably.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

ATEOTD, it doesn't matter. As long as there are Eli people in this world there will be Eli things that happen. You can't blame this religion or that religion, or one ideolgy over another, Eli will find a way. They will find a tool and use it to control others. Eli will even make those battling Eli become Eli themselves, if they lose sight of why they battle. The best we can do is be the person we want to be and act when action is needed without judging or hating in return. Very difficult things to do, but never lose sight of the goal, because when you do, you have already lost.
                Exactly.
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                  Exactly.
                  ****ing truthers, man....!!!
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                    Exactly.
                    You can do better.

Comment

ATEOTD, it doesn't matter. As long as there are evil people in this world there will be evil things that happen. You can't blame this religion or that religion, or one ideolgy over another, evil will find a way. They will find a tool and use it to control others. Evil will even make those battling evil become evil themselves, if they lose sight of why they battle. The best we can do is be the person we want to be and act when action is needed without judging or hating in return. Very difficult things to do, but never lose sight of the goal, because when you do, you have already lost.
                      ATEOTD ?? who that ...

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                        ATEOTD ?? who that ...
                        At the end of the day

Hows it going B?

Comment

You can do better.
                          Source?
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

ATEOTD ?? who that ...
                            Good to see you Byron, hope all is well.

As dezzz said "At The End Of The Day" sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              At the end of the day

Hows it going B?
                              Hi Dez doing ok ... went through a bad spell with my health ...back in Feb when we had the big snow storm here I caught a cold which set me back ...I didn't get over that before I caught another one ... Anyhow I'm back to doing some things again and keeping the lawn mowed .. Hope all is well with you man

Comment

Hi Dez doing ok ... went through a bad spell with my health ...back in Feb when we had the big snow storm here I caught a cold which set me back ...I didn't get over that before I caught another one ... Anyhow I'm back to doing some things again and keeping the lawn mowed .. Hope all is well with you man
                                Glad youre ok, buddy. We didn't know that =(
                                Welcome! Good to hear youre doin' stuff!!
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X