Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even simple stuff like peanut butter and jelly, she had baked the bread, ground the peanuts and made the jelly herself. She was a little nutty but very awesome. Our curfew time was set so we would be home before mom went to bed so she could make sure we had a good dinner that night. Neither one of us would dare eat anything when we were out with our friends, if we weren't hungry when we got home it would make her sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      TEST:

Fat

Comment

TEST:
        Horrible skin, lopsided totters. 3/10
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          Horrible skin, lopsided totters. 3/10
          Agreed on the skin, she is probably in her 40's and smokes. Most likely is from Jersey.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            So why the **** would she cook all day? Sounds like a huge waste of time, unless she made a business out of it.
            Do you know how long it takes to make a couple of fresh loaves of bread everyday, plus desserts and sweets for anybody who felt like it? That is just the baking part. She would clean to while she waited for things to cook. Kris was never interested in helping her cook, but I did and learned a lot. The baking was the only thing I was never able to pick up as well as her. Cooking from scratch takes a long time, when she didn't have anything to cook for that day, she would be jaring stuff up for the future. When she died we had a thousand jars of pickles and jams and preserved food of all types stored up. It wasn't like she wasn't using the regularly either, plus she would give some of the sweet perserves out as gifts for holidays around the town. With how spread out we were there, I was happy when Kris got her drivers license as it made the holiday basket deliveries easier.

Comment

• a bit overly critical guys, jeez

Comment

• "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• is there a point to this joe?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                    is there a point to this joe?
                    Yes...it's in my pants....
                    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Much better.

Comment

Even simple stuff like peanut butter and jelly, she had baked the bread, ground the peanuts and made the jelly herself. She was a little nutty but very awesome. Our curfew time was set so we would be home before mom went to bed so she could make sure we had a good dinner that night. Neither one of us would dare eat anything when we were out with our friends, if we weren't hungry when we got home it would make her sad.
                        Was she Italian?
                        LOL...my mom, on the other hand, was a horrible cook. My dad became paraplegic when I was 6-7, and my youngest sister was severe Down's Syndrome. Dad entered the VA hospital for good when I was 9 and died there when I was 11. Mom had to go to work to make money for us, so she put my younger sister in a facility and taught my two older sisters and I all the basics of cooking, sewing, washing, ironing, etc. for ourselves, and we'd put dinner together, do laundry etc. after school so that she wouldn't have to cook when she came home from work. We also each did dishes two nights a week. I got a job after school and weekends when I was 11 and gave mom half of every penny I earned until I was 21 and got married myself.
                        So, at least I can cook decent meals for myself.

Comment

• I guess I picked the wrong day to learn how to post images....
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."

Comment

I guess I picked the wrong day to learn how to post images....
                            Other than deez you have the worst timing with ur pics.

Comment

a bit overly critical guys, jeez
                              Yea, I was pretty much just messing around after I saw the first comment.
                              There was a running gag on Reddit where people would find the most insanely miniscule flaws with a beautiful woman in the most sarcastic ways, and it would always end in "2/10, would not bang."
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
                                Other than deez you have the worst timing with ur pics.
                                Ban 0820

Comment

Working...
                                X