This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Its just one of those weird things that people do that I will never understand and just accept that it does happen. People so often do things that just doesn't make sense that I feel like I am from some alien planet or something.
    You seem to accept terrible behavior very easily. I don't.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You seem to accept terrible behavior very easily. I don't.

No, I just don't connect somebody's behavior with a joke they said that was funny. They are not connected in any way. Robin Williams was funny, Robin Williams was a coke addict. I don't see how one effects the other. OJ Simpson was a great football player, OJ Simpson is most likely a murderer. Is he no longer a great football player? How does being able to separate these things from each other translate to me accepting terrible behavior?

Comment

We brought a crapload of free agents a few years ago and they all got hurt.
        Guess what happened in 2016?..... Instead of blowing games that we should have won, we won those games last year. We let the other team blow them.
        Instead of throwing an incomplete pass to stop the clock in a game we had won like we did in 2015...THEY didn't get out of bounds at the end to give their kicker a chance.

Amazing that our team got smarter once Tom left.
        MH, last year we brought in the best corner available(arguably the best corner in the league now), the best DT available(one of the best in the league) and the best DE available. When did JR ever make moves like that?

And who was calling those plays??????????????? Ya boy Benny.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          And the year he gets fired we bring in a bunch of top free agents. That had nothing to do with it....
          You must realize that he no longer could follow everything going on in the field, nor could he make competent in game decisions. I appreciate what he brought in coaching, and the accomplishments of his teams previously. I'm sure he can still do competent football related things, but not as a game time coach.

Comment

The person telling the joke is a human being. The person hearing the joke is a human being. So all the human factors enter into it. Jokes are funny or not based on a thousands of human factors. So you can't dismiss the human element and look at it with some kind of mathematical logic.

I promise you....If Adolf Hitler told a joke, I wouldn't laugh. Even if it was a good joke.
            Hard to resist the Hitler humor in The Producers, though...

Comment

• Bunch of traitors. Disgusting.

Comment

No, I just don't connect somebody's behavior with a joke they said that was funny. They are not connected in any way. Robin Williams was funny, Robin Williams was a coke addict. I don't see how one effects the other. OJ Simpson was a great football player, OJ Simpson is most likely a murderer. Is he no longer a great football player? How does being able to separate these things from each other translate to me accepting terrible behavior?
                Well Cosby's routine was based on his own life experiences. the reference of being a dad and husband in good standing is part of the joke, Knowing this crap about him changes the foundation of where the humor comes from.
                As I said, I try to compartmentalize it. But I can't blame someone who has a tough time getting past it. We are all human beings.

Comment

Bunch of traitors. Disgusting.

Comment

Odd, seems to me the joke remains unchanged. I don't think I will ever understand that. Like Milli Vanilli wins a grammy because their music is so good...oops they didn't sing it....their music is now considered terrible. The song remained unchanged, so how did it go from grammy to terrible? People do this kind of thing all the time and I just can't wrap my brain around the thought process that does that.
                    Well, they didn't make or sing the music. So why would the 2 guys who were just the faces be awarded it?
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Hard to resist the Hitler humor in The Producers, though...
                      Friggin **** Shawn. I still say it';s the funniest movie ever made. And Kenneth Mars.... "You are the audience. I am the author. I OUTRANK YOU".

Comment

Bunch of traitors. Disgusting.
                        And his bull ****, petty behavior with Mr. Mara. He's a small, petty man Dezz.

Comment

I'm a big fan of TC and the injuries drove me nuts. The thing though that made me think it was time for him to go was how poor the discipline was on game day. Dumb penalties, dumb decisions, dumb behavior, looking unprepared. For a coach with his reputation, it was a fairly large problem IMO.
                          for a disciplinarian, we sure demonstrated some awful discipline lol
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Well, they didn't make or sing the music. So why would the 2 guys who were just the faces be awarded it?
                            Not saying they they should have won the grammy. But why does the songs on the album go from good to bad because they guys with long hair didn't sing them. That is all that changed, if you put the CD in before you knew it was somebody else singing it, it sounded exactly the same as it did after you gained that knowledge, but somehow the general consensus was the songs are now bad. This makes no sense at all, how is nobody else seeing this?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

for a disciplinarian, we sure demonstrated some awful discipline lol
                              exactly

Comment

And his bull ****, petty behavior with Mr. Mara. He's a small, petty man Dezz.
                                Geeet the **** outta here.

The lack of respect for the man that brought home 2 superbowls is down right DISGUSTING!

Comment

Working...
                                X