This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    MH, last year we brought in the best corner available(arguably the best corner in the league now), the best DT available(one of the best in the league) and the best DE available. When did JR ever make moves like that?

And who was calling those plays??????????????? Ya boy Benny.

Yea youre right Dezz.....Reese was like "**** that, I'm not giving Coughlin any players!"
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Yea youre right Dezz.....Reese was like "**** that, I'm not giving Coughlin any players!"
      I never claimed that was JRs thought process

Comment

And as John Mara said....He couldn't remember a single time when TC disagreed on personnel decisions. Tom got the players he wanted.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Geeet the **** outta here.

The lack of respect from the man that brought home 2 superbowls is down right DISGUSTING!
          nah, THIS is BS......you can't hold onto nostalgia when the aim is to win games. TC didn't win games anymore. He lost the team. Show me a head coach with as many bad seasons in a row who kept a job, and i'll show you the team that doesn't care about winning.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

No, I just don't connect somebody's behavior with a joke they said that was funny. They are not connected in any way. Robin Williams was funny, Robin Williams was a coke addict. I don't see how one effects the other. OJ Simpson was a great football player, OJ Simpson is most likely a murderer. Is he no longer a great football player? How does being able to separate these things from each other translate to me accepting terrible behavior?
            An addicts different. They only hurt themselves and unintentionally hurt those around them. People like OJ and Cosby intended to hurt people. They got pleasure from it.

Comment

I never claimed that was JRs thought process
              you literally just said "when did JR ever make moves like that??"

what else would you be insinuating?
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

you literally just said "when did JR ever make moves like that??"

what else would you be insinuating?
                That JR was never as aggressive as he was last season and that Tom never had a flood of talent come in like that in one year. Has nothing to do with their relationship, its just a fact.

Comment

nah, THIS is BS......you can't hold onto nostalgia when the aim is to win games. TC didn't win games anymore. He lost the team. Show me a head coach with as many bad seasons in a row who kept a job, and i'll show you the team that doesn't care about winning.
                  And thats what you losers remember him for? The talentless teams in his last 3 years?

Comment

And thats what you losers remember him for? The talentless teams in his last 3 years?
                    A franchise QB with an all time great WR. That alone gets you 8 wins.

Comment

• Hail Tommy
                      full of Grace
                      the Lord is with thee
                      Blessed art thou among coaches
                      and blessed is the pig skin of thy quarterback Eli Manning
                      Holy Tommy, Father of NY GIANTS Football
                      Pray for these sinners, now and at the hour of their death

Comment

No.
                        for 2 super bowls.

But he went all downhill after that obviously. there's no denying it.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Hail Tommy
                          full of Grace
                          the Lord is with thee
                          Blessed art thou among coaches
                          and blessed is the pig skin of thy quarterback Eli Manning
                          Holy Tommy, Father of NY GIANTS Football
                          Pray for these sinners, now and at the hour of their death
                          You're a very troubled young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Robin Williams was funny, Robin Williams was a coke addict. I don't see how one effects the other. OJ Simpson was a great football player, OJ Simpson is most likely a murderer. Is he no longer a great football player? How does being able to separate these things from each other translate to me accepting terrible behavior?
                            Robin Williams had a disease. Wasn't his fault he was an addict. Yes, you could say he hurt his family by taking his own life, but he didn't physically hurt them.

OJ Simpson was a great player. But I don't go around watching old film of him playing. Why? His legacy is tarnished by murdering two people.

John Lennon was kind of an *******. But he didn't physically hurt anyone. Buddy Rich was a miserable son of a *****. He never hurt a fly.

Bernie Madoff might've been a really nice guy but he ****ed over thousands of people and ruined their lives by purposefully deceiving them and ripping them off.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding morally judgmental and you think it's not my place to do so, but to me how you treat other people (like not killing them or raping or beating them and bankrupting them) trumps whatever other accomplishments a person has made in life.

I don't care how funny Cosby was; it's no longer funny because we found out the guy telling the jokes probably went back to his hotel room that night and assaulted a woman against her will.

How can you possibly argue with me on this?

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You're a very troubled young man.
                              A lil bit.

Comment

Not at all. If you keep bringing up that he was treated unfairly by the team, or possibly want him back, you will certainly have other fans reminding you what we all saw.

Comment

Working...
                                X