Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    Jenn-
    I tried calling you last night, but I think you gave me the wrong number.....
    Is it still 867-5309?
    nope

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jmike View Post
      What are your thoughts on Zach Orr?

      Season ends and he is set to be a RFA. Announces he is retiring due to injury. Team does not tender him since he will not be returning. Time to tender expires. Suddenly, Zach Orr's injury isn't so bad and he will be coming back. Is now an UFA. Good way to get a bigger payday and not be locked into the salary structure of the first few years in the league.

      I'm not sure that neck injury was all that real. What do you guys think?
      Scheduled to visit Colts, Jets, and maybe Lions. I don't know his game well enough to say, but he's only 24... heading into his prime, A blow to his neck could be the end of his career. You sure want your LB's to have a healthy vertebrae and be totally unafraid to crush. I don't know if he plays 100%, psychologically. It's a roll of the dice with big upside, and down side.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Bunch of traitors. Disgusting.

        I appreciate what Coughlin did in terms coaching two teams to SB wins but imo the relationship between him and the team as the HC had reached the point of diminishing returns. it was time to move on. You can't fire all the players, coaches are hired to be fired. That's just how it is.

        Comment


        • I think the question is, do you believe the injury is real or not?

          If you do, seems to be too high a risk to add to the team, even for his own good.

          If you don't, why would you want him in the organization?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post


            I appreciate what Coughlin did in terms coaching two teams to SB wins but imo the relationship between him and the team as the HC had reached the point of diminishing returns. it was time to move on. You can't fire all the players, coaches are hired to be fired. That's just how it is.
            I thought they were hired to devise a way to win games with the talent on the team.

            Comment


            • btw, I only logged in this AM to see how Fez's Pop is doing

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jmike View Post

                I thought they were hired to devise a way to win games with the talent on the team.
                Sure, that's part of it too.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  btw, I only logged in this AM to see how Fez's Pop is doing
                  He hasn't updated yet. Just keep sending out good karma to him.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    btw, I only logged in this AM to see how Fez's Pop is doing
                    Ahh thanks man. Hes home, heart rates under 100 but hes still breathing heavy.
                    I really appreciate it guys. Being stuck at work Tuesday sucked big time but a simple "He should be fine" from MH and Zim and the good wishes from you guys helped calm me down somewhat. Can't thank you guys enough.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

                      Ahh thanks man. Hes home, heart rates under 100 but hes still breathing heavy.
                      I really appreciate it guys. Being stuck at work Tuesday sucked big time but a simple "He should be fine" from MH and Zim and the good wishes from you guys helped calm me down somewhat. Can't thank you guys enough.
                      Ugh. Under 100 is better than over, but he should be down in the 70's, especially when he is relaxed. They should be able to get him back to good. In any case,.. they know how to control this, but sometimes you can't correct it all at once, so patience by him and make sure he truly understands that he shouldn't try doing anything strenuous.
                      Between my heart and lungs (have COPD/emphysema), my lungs chug like a locomotive.... kind of a natural by product of the heart rate... it's telling you to rest. Have a great weekend and he will be fine with proper rest.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        Hes home, heart rates under 100 but hes still breathing heavy.
                        .
                        Do you mean the upper or lower number?
                        120/80 is what they consider normal. They're usually more concerned with the lower number. If that number is over 90 they should have him on medication.
                        Also, if the top number is under 100 that is considered too low.
                        Hope all works out.
                        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                        Comment


                        • They said he has afib. He got some new meds, been on blood pressure meds, blood thinners. They don't know what caused it to go up. Not sure on the under/over. I'm terrible with Dr talk.

                          Comment


                          • Yeah, I have afib also. Was the by product of years of high blood pressure. When they finally put me on meds, blood pressure was ok but had to have surgery called an ablation. That seems to have fixed it.
                            Depending on your father's age they may forgo the surgery and use medication instead.
                            I think Zim once said he has afib also.
                            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                            Comment


                            • One other thing:
                              In my experience its a good idea to get a second opinion, preferably from a specialist. My primary doctor was pretty useless and once I went to a cardiologist things started to get fixed.
                              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."
                              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                                Yeah, I have afib also. Was the by product of years of high blood pressure. When they finally put me on meds, blood pressure was ok but had to have surgery called an ablation. That seems to have fixed it.
                                Depending on your father's age they may forgo the surgery and use medication instead.
                                I think Zim once said he has afib also.
                                Is that where they go in through your groin? They mentioned that. Yea, Ithink he'll get it when hes feeling better.
                                How longs recovery?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X