This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I wouldn't normally go there - but we're having last minute company tomorrow, I'm working a double shift tonight and don't have time to shop around for the few things that I need:
    $26 Medium size chocolate Mousse cake... their cakes are really good, this will satisfy everyone's sweet tooth, and I don't mind occasionally splurging.
    $13.99 a pound London Broil... well, the sign at the counter said $3.99 a pound, and that's quite normal. Guess the "1" in front of that price fell off. Anyway, after the guy handed it to me, and I saw $29 for essentially a chunk of horsemeat, I threw it on the shelf. I got a few rib steaks in the freezer that will be much better, even if a few people wind up sharing. Dogs for the kiddies.
    $14 for a salad... needed something for dinner tonight, the salad bar sign said $2 off if you bought a pound. Put what I figured to be that in the box - just lettuce, a few chunks of turkey, one egg, NO dressing. Rang up as over 1 1/2 pounds, no way it was. No $2 off, because I didn't have an "app". Not sure what this even means? Croutons were not included - a small bag is there at the salad bar for $3 if you want them.
    Not sure how this place does the business it appears to, I guess location and gullibility of it's customers?
    Don't get me started on Whole foods......

Let me just simply sum it up with this:
    I love to braise lamb shanks in the colder weather. I've bought them from the local Acme and they were fine. I've bought them 3 times from Whole foods and 2 out of those 3 times they were rotten....meaning, as soon as I got home and opened the package (wrapped from the meat case display window...not pre wrapped) it smelled like a dead camel rotting in the sun for a month after having buzzards eat the intestines.

**** Whole Foods and their over priced ****. If you do some research half of what is labeled organic just isn't. Liars.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

This site really sucks since it's been updated.
      +1.
      Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
      Notice the activity with you guys is way down, too. If it comes down to bailing, and any of you frequent a different site and would like to keep in communication - maybe let us know where. I'm not currently active elsewhere, but was on different music sites in the past.
      Could just be the summer is here...people are away, maybe taking a break before training camp stories.....maybe some people have had enough of my bull****.....maybe Rudy went to Hollywood and got a starring role in the new remake of "The Princess Bride".....

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Don't get me started on Whole foods......

Let me just simply sum it up with this:
        I love to braise lamb shanks in the colder weather. I've bought them from the local Acme and they were fine. I've bought them 3 times from Whole foods and 2 out of those 3 times they were rotten....meaning, as soon as I got home and opened the package (wrapped from the meat case display window...not pre wrapped) it smelled like a dead camel rotting in the sun for a month after having buzzards eat the intestines.

**** Whole Foods and their over priced ****. If you do some research half of what is labeled organic just isn't. Liars.
        I love rack of lamb. Usually it's vacuum packed, has an expiration date a few weeks away, but does have a slight odor. Not sure how a butcher could not notice those shanks stank, having them right out under his schnoz?
        I hear Whole Foods is being taken over by Amazon... imagine how nice those shanks will smell, after being delivered by drones?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
          +1.

Could just be the summer is here...people are away, maybe taking a break before training camp stories.....maybe some people have had enough of my bull****.....maybe Rudy went to Hollywood and got a starring role in the new remake of "The Princess Bride".....
          Could be. It's obvious many people post from work - and I admit that's the only time I'm on a computer. Nothing I'm responsible for is being neglected, though... Sometimes the girls here help wake me up.

Comment

• It seemed seemed to take some time to work out the remote issues. I usually post on an iPad and it wasn't working for the first day or two. Still doesn't work on the iPad on the internet. Have to use the app to post.

But that's not the reason for my somewhat decreased activity. Its summer time, tagf has nothing to talk about so it's like 8 posts from simply cannibalizing itself, working less and spending more time outside and frankly sometimes the wifi can be spotty on the yacht.

Thanks again for letting me use it, Fez.

Comment

I wouldn't normally go there - but we're having last minute company tomorrow, I'm working a double shift tonight and don't have time to shop around for the few things that I need:
              $26 Medium size chocolate Mousse cake... their cakes are really good, this will satisfy everyone's sweet tooth, and I don't mind occasionally splurging.
              $13.99 a pound London Broil... well, the sign at the counter said $3.99 a pound, and that's quite normal. Guess the "1" in front of that price fell off. Anyway, after the guy handed it to me, and I saw $29 for essentially a chunk of horsemeat, I threw it on the shelf. I got a few rib steaks in the freezer that will be much better, even if a few people wind up sharing. Dogs for the kiddies.
              $14 for a salad... needed something for dinner tonight, the salad bar sign said $2 off if you bought a pound. Put what I figured to be that in the box - just lettuce, a few chunks of turkey, one egg, NO dressing. Rang up as over 1 1/2 pounds, no way it was. No $2 off, because I didn't have an "app". Not sure what this even means? Croutons were not included - a small bag is there at the salad bar for $3 if you want them.
              Not sure how this place does the business it appears to, I guess location and gullibility of it's customers?
              That's outrageous. You're right about London Broil... normally $3.99. Usually on sale at $2.99, which is why I'm kicking myself for not getting to Shop Rite today... with coupon on sale for $1.77.... limit 2 packs, which means about 8#. That beats 13.99, jimmie. That sucks. Mismarked items like that would mean an end to my ever going in there again. Amazon just bought them for many billions. Will be interesting to see what they do with it.
              And, yes, the new boards suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                It seemed seemed to take some time to work out the remote issues. I usually post on an iPad and it wasn't working for the first day or two. Still doesn't work on the iPad on the internet. Have to use the app to post.

But that's not the reason for my somewhat decreased activity. Its summer time, tagf has nothing to talk about so it's like 8 posts from simply cannibalizing itself, working less and spending more time outside and frankly sometimes the wifi can be spotty on the yacht.

Thanks again for letting me use it, Fez.
                I think you mean princess Rudys yacht.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  Tom would take Chucks head clean off.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

I think you mean princess Rudys yacht.
                    Princess Rudy and I yacht around often. She'd never stick me with that crappy 52 footer you lent me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Tom would take Chucks head clean off.
                      You know what Chuck has hidden in his beard?............Another fist.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

That's outrageous. You're right about London Broil... normally $3.99. Usually on sale at $2.99, which is why I'm kicking myself for not getting to Shop Rite today... with coupon on sale for $1.77.... limit 2 packs, which means about 8#. That beats 13.99, jimmie. That sucks.
                          If anyone wants to try a terrific marinate for London Broil, I highly recommend Soy Vey Island Terriyaki. Has Pineapple juice, garlic, sesame seeds in it. Puts a nice glaze flavorful glaze on the outside, and makes the inside more tender.

Comment

If anyone wants to try a terrific marinate for London Broil, I highly recommend Soy Vey Island Terriyaki. Has Pineapple juice, garlic, sesame seeds in it. Puts a nice glaze flavorful glaze on the outside, and makes the inside more tender.

Thanks I'll try it next time I bbq some $29/lb London Broil.

Seriously, I don't think I have ever paid more than $5/lb for london broil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Thanks I'll try it next time I bbq some $29/lb London Broil.

Seriously, I don't think I have ever paid more than $5/lb for london broil.
                              Maybe they fly you to London and THEN broil it for you.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Maybe they fly you to London and THEN broil it for you.
                                Man, that Amazon service is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X