X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allllllllllllllllll rise!

Comment

• Terrible weekend for us. Several trips to the animal hospital for Gogo, starting with an emergency room visit in the middle of the night, late Friday. Ending in major surgery to remove over a pound of olive oil soaked paper towels from her stomach late Sunday.
      $6000.00 later she cam home last night and is in recovery mode.

Good Ol' Gogo should be fine but we won't be taking any vacations for a while. I'd rather be home anyway I guess.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Jeez man...that's awful. I'm glad she ok though.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Terrible weekend for us. Several trips to the animal hospital for Gogo, starting with an emergency room visit in the middle of the night, late Friday. Ending in major surgery to remove over a pound of olive oil soaked paper towels from her stomach late Sunday.

Good Ol' Gogo should be fine but we won't be taking any vacations for a while. I'd rather be home anyway I guess.
          Hope shes feeling better. Always scary.

Last few days have sucked for me too. My dad went back to the hospital Saturday afternoon, heart rate and bp were all over the place and never ending hic ups. He didn't want to go. When we got there his bp was 204/77, also had a fever of 103. Nurse said he could have had a stroke if he waited longer. We went to North Shore because St Francis had him in a hallway on a gurney for almost 10 hours the last time he went. This place was great got everything under control within 2 hours. Did a bunch of tests on him yesterday and they found out he has babesiosis. His parasitic blood level was 15%. He looked awful and lethargic, really scared me. They did a red blood cell transfer late last night but this morning they said his kidneys weren't acting right so they want to do a dialysis, but my mom said when she got there he was peeing a lot and thats a good sign they said. Hes also being a huge pain in the *** again so thats a good sign too. Now we're waiting for the results of the red blood cell transfer. They'll likely do another one and use antibiotics to kill off the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            Jeez man...that's awful. I'm glad she ok though.
            Thanks Pizzey. she's still a little out of it but doing OK. Glad she's home.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Last few days have sucked for me too. My dad went back to the hospital Saturday afternoon, heart rate and bp were all over the place and never ending hic ups. He didn't want to go. When we got there his bp was 204/77, also had a fever of 103. Nurse said he could have had a stroke if he waited longer. We went to North Shore because St Francis had him in a hallway on a gurney for almost 10 hours the last time he went. This place was great got everything under control within 2 hours. Did a bunch of tests on him yesterday and they found out he has babesiosis. His parasitic blood level was 15%. He looked awful and lethargic, really scared me. They did a red blood cell transfer late last night but this morning they said his kidneys weren't acting right so they want to do a dialysis, but my mom said when she got there he was peeing a lot and thats a good sign they said. Hes also being a huge pain in the *** again so thats a good sign too. Now we're waiting for the results of the red blood cell transfer. They'll likely do another one and use antibiotics to kill off the rest.
              Jeez Dez. i just looked that up. It's a serious condition....... As I'm sure you now know all too well. I'm sure they will get it under control though. Good that they were able to diagnose it properly.

Comment

Jeez Dez. i just looked that up. It's a serious condition....... As I'm sure you now know all too well. I'm sure they will get it under control though. Good that they were able to diagnose it properly.
                Yea, its rare too. Saw a article written a few years ago and there were only 1800 reported cases in 2013.
                Every ones relieved we finally know whats wrong with him but still a little nervous.

Comment

• I haven't watched the HR Derby in a few years but since then they use a timer instead of 10 outs. Thoughts?

Comment

• This website has been terrible today. It hardly loads.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      This website has been terrible today. It hardly loads.
                      I'm having the same problem.

Comment

• Me too.
                        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Dwayne The Rock Johnson has officially filed with the FEC to campaign for the next presidential election.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Terrible weekend for us. Several trips to the animal hospital for Gogo, starting with an emergency room visit in the middle of the night, late Friday. Ending in major surgery to remove over a pound of olive oil soaked paper towels from her stomach late Sunday.

Bummer. A heavy toll, but I'm sure her life is worth it for your family.
                            How does any animal eat olive oil soaked paper towels?
                            Good luck MH... I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Wow, Dez... very sorry. I never heard of that condition and it is surely way more serious than Afib.
                              Prayers for you all. Keep the faith and keep upbeat for him.
                              North Shore is a great hospital.... you chose the right place.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Wow, Dez... very sorry. I never heard of that condition and it is surely way more serious than Afib.
                                Prayers for you all. Keep the faith and keep upbeat for him.
                                North Shore is a great hospital.... you chose the right place.
                                Very happy to hear gogo is o Netherlands mend, MH.

And fez, I'll continue to keep your dad in my thoughts. He's in good hands and diagnosing is so important, I'm glad they know what they're dealing with
                                and am confident they'll work it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X