Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MH & Dez-
    Glad to hear things working out.....
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Yea, its rare too. Saw a article written a few years ago and there were only 1800 reported cases in 2013.
      Every ones relieved we finally know whats wrong with him but still a little nervous.
      Hope he's doing better - are they saying it came from a tick?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Terrible weekend for us. Several trips to the animal hospital for Gogo, starting with an emergency room visit in the middle of the night, late Friday. Ending in major surgery to remove over a pound of olive oil soaked paper towels from her stomach late Sunday.
        $6000.00 later she cam home last night and is in recovery mode.

        Good Ol' Gogo should be fine but we won't be taking any vacations for a while. I'd rather be home anyway I guess.
        Our dog ate a bunch of rocks when she was a puppy. They were able to pull them out with a mechanical arm, before they got in her intestines. Cost over $2000, but I guess we were lucky that she didn't need to be cut open. Best wishes.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

          Our dog ate a bunch of rocks when she was a puppy. They were able to pull them out with a mechanical arm, before they got in her intestines. Cost over $2000, but I guess we were lucky that she didn't need to be cut open. Best wishes.
          They tried using a scope (I am assuming that's what you're talking about) to pull out the paper towels but there was too much and it shredded as they tried to pull anything out. When they finally operated they removed more material than you could even imagine.
          I made meatballs with sauce on Friday and I soaked the olive oil in paper towels and threw them in the garbage. We pulled the bag out to fill it more and it must have tipped over during the night. She has never even tried to get into the garbage before. My wife and I were talking about the fact that we were lucky that we could afford to have all this done. $6,000.00 is a lot of money. It hurts but we can absorb it. My kids are grown. But it's worth it to save Gogo. This is what happens when you're an empty nester. Your dog becomes the center of your universe.

          Having said all of that, it doesn't compare to Dez and his dad, and what they are dealing with. My prayers are with him and his father.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • ^ Well, if you can afford to cook your meatballs in olive oil, I would think $6000 surgery should be a drop in the bucket for you. That would have killed us - I was out of work when we got that puppy, and we were paying the bills with withdrawn 401k funds. We really were lucky it was rocks, that could be extracted without surgery.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              ^ Well, if you can afford to cook your meatballs in olive oil, I would think $6000 surgery should be a drop in the bucket for you. That would have killed us - I was out of work when we got that puppy, and we were paying the bills with withdrawn 401k funds. We really were lucky it was rocks, that could be extracted without surgery.
              I only brown them in olive oil. They cook in the sauce.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                I only brown them in olive oil. They cook in the sauce.
                Gotcha. I cook the sausages first, and then brown the meatballs in their grease. A dog would really go nuts for that!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                  Gotcha. I cook the sausages first, and then brown the meatballs in their grease. A dog would really go nuts for that!
                  Lotta cholestral there pal.......

                  Fry the meatballs in olive oil, drain them on paper towels, finish cooking in the sauce.

                  Wipe out the pan with paper towels and fry the sausages.....drain on paper towels, finish cooking in the sauce.

                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

                    Lotta cholestral there pal.......

                    Fry the meatballs in olive oil, drain them on paper towels, finish cooking in the sauce.

                    Wipe out the pan with paper towels and fry the sausages.....drain on paper towels, finish cooking in the sauce.

                    Nope. Everything gets cooked in that sausage grease - meatballs, onions, peppers, garlic...no draining or wiping that wonderful taste away. I thought you were Italian?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Yea, its rare too. Saw a article written a few years ago and there were only 1800 reported cases in 2013.
                      Every ones relieved we finally know whats wrong with him but still a little nervous.
                      holy cow Dezz glad they got it figured out . hope all goes well in his recovery...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                        They tried using a scope (I am assuming that's what you're talking about) to pull out the paper towels but there was too much and it shredded as they tried to pull anything out. When they finally operated they removed more material than you could even imagine.
                        I made meatballs with sauce on Friday and I soaked the olive oil in paper towels and threw them in the garbage. We pulled the bag out to fill it more and it must have tipped over during the night. She has never even tried to get into the garbage before. My wife and I were talking about the fact that we were lucky that we could afford to have all this done. $6,000.00 is a lot of money. It hurts but we can absorb it. My kids are grown. But it's worth it to save Gogo. This is what happens when you're an empty nester. Your dog becomes the center of your universe.

                        Having said all of that, it doesn't compare to Dez and his dad, and what they are dealing with. My prayers are with him and his father.
                        Sorry to hear about GoGo glad she is on the mend MH.. We have one on the mend from a knee surgery "Grace" three month recovery and rehab .. she is doing good

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                          Nope. Everything gets cooked in that sausage grease - meatballs, onions, peppers, garlic...no draining or wiping that wonderful taste away. I thought you were Italian?
                          Are we talking about Sunday sauce? (And yes, it's called Sauce, not gravy.)

                          Bud, my family's recipe has been this forever:

                          Saute an onion and some garlic in olive oil. Stir in a can of tomato paste and let it cook for a minute or 2. Throw in a few cans of tomatoes (San Marzano is preferred)....add a couple bay leaves. Add some water if necessary. Salt and pepper. Add the meatballs and sausage, maybe some ribs or even some pork chops, throw in some basil leaves.....let it simmer on low partially covered for 3-4 hours.

                          Eat.
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

                            Lotta cholestral there pal.......

                            Fry the meatballs in olive oil, drain them on paper towels, finish cooking in the sauce.

                            Wipe out the pan with paper towels and fry the sausages.....drain on paper towels, finish cooking in the sauce.

                            I brown the sausage with the meatballs and then drain both in paper towels.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                              I brown the sausage with the meatballs and then drain both in paper towels.
                              Yeah that works too......a little more fat will get into the meatballs....these days I try as best as possible to avoid any extra stuff like that that will clog you up.

                              You could also do it Jimmie's way....as long as you're taking Lipitor........but I don't know where the hell he got the peppers from.....
                              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."
                              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                                Nope. Everything gets cooked in that sausage grease - meatballs, onions, peppers, garlic...no draining or wiping that wonderful taste away. I thought you were Italian?
                                lol, JR... you might be singing to MH and Joe's method as you get into your 50's. Hope you don't have cholesterol problems down the road. ... oh yeah, there's a pill for that. I know, lol.... but, mine is genetic and was meant to be... not from bad eating habits. And, I hear ya about the deliciosness of the sausage grease in your method... no denying.... it took a while for me to absorb the idea that it was a bad eating habit. How can more delicious be bad?
                                Long life is better than delicious.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X