This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

They tried using a scope (I am assuming that's what you're talking about) to pull out the paper towels but there was too much and it shredded as they tried to pull anything out. When they finally operated they removed more material than you could even imagine.
    I made meatballs with sauce on Friday and I soaked the olive oil in paper towels and threw them in the garbage. We pulled the bag out to fill it more and it must have tipped over during the night. She has never even tried to get into the garbage before. My wife and I were talking about the fact that we were lucky that we could afford to have all this done. $6,000.00 is a lot of money. It hurts but we can absorb it. My kids are grown. But it's worth it to save Gogo. This is what happens when you're an empty nester. Your dog becomes the center of your universe.

Having said all of that, it doesn't compare to Dez and his dad, and what they are dealing with. My prayers are with him and his father.
    My Dad would say, "six thousand dollars? Time to get a new best friend"

i cant blame that on being old. He'd say that when I was a kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

My Dad would say, "six thousand dollars? Time to get a new best friend"

i cant blame that on being old. He'd say that when I was a kid.
      I informed Gogo that she owes us $6200.00 of joy in the coming years. She can do that standing on her head.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

wow... cool stat... who woulda thunk? And, it will remain that way cuz now he's with the Saints.
        Geez, I can only imagine him throwing 6-8 passes in his storied 2-3 year Giant career.
        lol, he was 9 for 10 if I recall the stat correctly.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

lol, he was 9 for 10 if I recall the stat correctly.
          Seriously? 9-10. Wow. Who woulda thunk. No wonder some peeps hated Eli. He musta bought off Mara and Tisch and had some real dirt on TC. Imagine how many more SB's we could have won with Nassib at the reins.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Seriously? 9-10. Wow. Who woulda thunk. No wonder some peeps hated Eli. He musta bought off Mara and Tisch and had some real dirt on TC. Imagine how many more SB's we could have won with Nassib at the reins.
            Right?!?!

For what it's worth, I did think Nassib was pretty talented. The fact that we never really needed him, doesn't really say anything about the player.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Guys....Mike's dad passed away yesterday. Sad news. I don't think he was that old.
              God bless his family.
              Damnit.

Im so sorry to hear that, Mike.

My my sincere condolences to you and your family, if there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, pal.

Comment

I informed Gogo that she owes us $6200.00 of joy in the coming years. She can do that standing on her head.
                Lol, I'll bet that's right. So many things are much more important that money.

I'm glad she's on the mend.

Comment

Right?!?!

For what it's worth, I did think Nassib was pretty talented. The fact that we never really needed him, doesn't really say anything about the player.
                  Honestly? I can't even remember him throwing a pass in prime time... and when he did, it was surely garbage time. My only memories of him are the two preseason games that I was at the game. I think that's the only way you can judge a QB, because on TV you don't see what's developing downfield... and whether he had an open man/men, or had nothing. I thought each game in preseason was absolutely a stupid barometer, cuz the OLine sucked in both cases. Imagine Eli playing for 1-2 quarters with the horrible firet team OLine... and then Nassib playing with the 2nd team. So, I can't judge. I read a bit that said he worked out for the Saints and Brees was there and liked what he saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

This last incident was with a good friend's girlfriend, who relished ruining everything in her sight. He told me that she plays vegetarian on and off, at her whim. She started with squawking over my putting stuffed mushrooms on the grill, with "eeeewwww, fungus fungus!!! These were homemade with crabmeat, bacon, and cheese, and everyone else was salivating for them. Then came all the fuss about the different meats on the grill. When I thought I was done and could finally relax, out came her special vege burgers (which I believe have mushrooms in them?), and she demanded they be cooked on some magical grill that had never had meat on it. My friend was rather enjoying someone else having to put up with her ****, it seemed - but I had a whole crowd mumbling WTF? They're obviously no longer together, although he's now stuck with over a dozen cats of hers.
                    Veggie burgers are usually made mith mushrooms, rare to find any without.

Comment

This website has been terrible today. It hardly loads.
                      This website is awful since the update.

Comment

Guys....Mike's dad passed away yesterday. Sad news. I don't think he was that old.
                        God bless his family.
                        I am very sorry to hear that, best wishes to you Mike and to your whole family. It isn't easy to lose a parent.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

This website is awful since the update.
                          that issssss correct.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Any Giants news this week? This place has become unusable for information so I am just coming to this thread now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                              Any Giants news this week? This place has become unusable for information so I am just coming to this thread now.
                              pretty much all I do.....

I click on one post for the possibility of an article, and then its just a ****show within in the first 3 posts following in >.>
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I've been on nearly 15 years and it has always functioned the same. Easy to find the threads I've responded to and follow and easy to see new threads of interest.
                                The way it is now simply sucks. Why did they change the format? Was this new way supposed to be easier? If someone thought that, they were wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X