This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    The posting quality of this thread has deteriorated significantly.

Keep up the good work.
    You're welcome.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Although living in PA, 100 miles north of Philly (AND, 100 miles west of Met Life Stadium... we all need balance in our lives), I never could stand smothering my steak (if you want to call what they put on it 'steak'. It's more like Steak-ums) with cheese.
      NYC has always been superior in pizza, bakery goods, and any sub/hero you can name. Philly, needing an identity of its own, created that monstrosity to make themselves feel competitive.
      A good cheesesteak is supposedly made with sliced ribeye. I don't believe I've had it this way, and it seems like a waste of such a nice cut. There is a place nearby that advertises this - I might just have to try one, to see. I tried to break the Giants Eagles curse, by buying a so called Philly cheesesteak before one game (reverse psycology), and they still lost miserably.
      I will confess that I always keep Steak-ums in the freezer, and they do make for some passable meals with the right fixins. No Cheese Whiz has ever been kept here, though - only Vermont cheddar.

Comment

• Never been a fan of cheesesteaks. Low quality beef with low quality fake cheese....blech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          The posting quality of this thread has deteriorated significantly.

Keep up the good work.
          An understatement of epic proportion.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Thanks for doing your part.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Thanks for doing your part.
              I didn't even know what you all were talking about the other day....Some fictional overnight together?

Not sure.

Comment

I'm test driving a new character. UnderStatesman

He may never reach the lofty levels of my OneUpsman or 420 characters but sometimes you just catch lightning in a bottle.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  Never been a fan of cheesesteaks. Low quality beef with low quality fake cheese....blech.

Comment

• Thanks again everyone. Means a lot.

Comment

I didn't even know what you all were talking about the other day....Some fictional overnight together?

Not sure.
                      "It's not a lie if you believe it."
                      -George Costanza
                      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                      "No...I didn't."
                      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Good news, folks!! :

Only 11,309 days until my retirement party!! You're all invited. Open bar, since it's me we're talking about.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                          Good news, folks!! :

Only 11,309 days until my retirement party!! You're all invited. Open bar, since it's me we're talking about.
                          I'll be dead. But if I'm not........

Comment

I'll be dead.
                            Are you that disliked?
                            "No...I didn't."

Comment

Not sure.

Who said it was fictional?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Are you that disliked?
                                No....I'm that old.

Comment

Working...
                                X