Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LOL....nice one.

    Mine are: a nice lawn for the fall, getting together with some friends I haven't seen in a while, cooking some new recipes, teaching my kid to ride his bike without training wheels, and learning to not chase down and murder the guy that just cut me off......
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      LOL....nice one.

      Mine are: a nice lawn for the fall, getting together with some friends I haven't seen in a while, cooking some new recipes, teaching my kid to ride his bike without training wheels, and learning to not chase down and murder the guy that just cut me off......
      My lawn looks like **** right now, because it's too big to bother watering and the mosquitos seem to be getting worse (didn't these things used to only come out at night?) each year, to even enjoy being outside. I am anxious for the fall, wearing a sweatshirt and going out on long hikes with woofie.
      Getting together with old friends is pretty much done, for me. Glad you can still re-establish connections and enjoy. Probably if some of old your friends are also musicians, that helps.
      I was thinking about starting a recipe thread, but it seems any specific threads die off quickly, here. Maybe once in a while I'll throw a few out on here, especially if that meal is brought up.
      I don't pay much mind to A-holes on the road, anymore. They will get theirs, maybe from someone just like them. Let them send each other to the hospital or jail, it's just a matter of time.
      I recall you mentioning having a kid. Some people go overboard with updates and boasting about their kids, others never mention anything. I'd enjoy hearing more about your family, especially with your good sense of humor.
      Glad you enjoyed my Flowers tribute song - I did get a lump in my throat, typing it.

      Comment


      • I am totally into a recipe thread.....I would love to learn from it and try to contribute.

        This has been a horrible summer for lawns in the northeast; I post on a garden forum and everyone from Pittsburgh to Boston has ravaged lawns this year.

        I'd love to get together with old friends but it seems everyone is always busy, disinterested, or sick. I'm going to put it out, but doubt it'll happen.

        My family is me, my wife, my 5 year old son. He's already smarter than me. Which might mean he's a little slow....considering my brain power (rusty bearings come to mind)....

        I don't know what its like on the roads by you these days, but in NJ its horrible....I get so angry and I know its terrible....I try not to drive on highways if possible, but it's still nuts. I try to remind myself that the guy that just cut me off might have a gun. Seriously.

        Funnily enough, I just heard my wife say I don't bring her flowers anymore. I tried to make a feeble excuse before she left the room in a huff.
        I then put on Guns and Roses "I used to love her...."
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
          I'd love to get together with old friends but it seems everyone is always busy, disinterested, or sick. I'm going to put it out, but doubt it'll happen.
          Well, you did admit that you're on a "Do not call" list.

          Comment


          • I also might've told them that their mothers suck ****s in hell.
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

              My lawn looks like **** right now, because it's too big to bother watering and the mosquitos seem to be getting worse (didn't these things used to only come out at night?) each year, to even enjoy being outside. I am anxious for the fall, wearing a sweatshirt and going out on long hikes with woofie.
              Getting together with old friends is pretty much done, for me. Glad you can still re-establish connections and enjoy. Probably if some of old your friends are also musicians, that helps.
              I was thinking about starting a recipe thread, but it seems any specific threads die off quickly, here. Maybe once in a while I'll throw a few out on here, especially if that meal is brought up.
              I don't pay much mind to A-holes on the road, anymore. They will get theirs, maybe from someone just like them. Let them send each other to the hospital or jail, it's just a matter of time.
              I recall you mentioning having a kid. Some people go overboard with updates and boasting about their kids, others never mention anything. I'd enjoy hearing more about your family, especially with your good sense of humor.
              Glad you enjoyed my Flowers tribute song - I did get a lump in my throat, typing it.
              My lawn looks awesome.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                My lawn looks awesome.
                Link?
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                  I also might've told them that their mothers suck ****s in hell.
                  But didn't you have them rolling in the aisles, when you blurted that out in the middle of your wedding vows?

                  Comment


                  • Commissioner MH, get a league going...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                      My lawn looks awesome.

                      Mine too.

                      Take my word for it

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post


                        Mine too.

                        Take my word for it
                        mine does too its got that light brown greenish patina thing going on and I haven't had to mow it for a couple weeks .. win ,win for me ...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post


                          Mine too.

                          Take my word for it
                          "Sonny Boy" knows what he's doing...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                            I recall you mentioning having a kid. Some people go overboard with updates and boasting about their kids, others never mention anything. I'd enjoy hearing more about your family, especially with your good sense of humor.
                            Glad you enjoyed my Flowers tribute song - I did get a lump in my throat, typing it.
                            My son's are 48 and 45... you don't want to know about them, other than the fact that they are two great Giant fans.

                            Comment


                            • A bunch of hackers hacked into HBO and stole GOT season 7. The next episode is already on hdonline.to

                              Muhahahahaaaaa

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by zimonami View Post

                                My son's are 48 and 45... you don't want to know about them, other than the fact that they are two great Giant fans.
                                I'm sure you raised them well. Hopefully, they're not heavy smokers, for all your sakes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X