X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

"Sonny Boy" knows what he's doing...
    lol, I'm not losing a daughter, I'm gaining a ton!

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

My son's are 48 and 45... you don't want to know about them, other than the fact that they are two great Giant fans.

Yah, I generally keep to much personal stuff off line because I figure nobody really cares

Comment

• Adrian got nabbed with 25lbs of weed in PA.

I'm not sure what's worse - getting caught with that much weed or getting caught driving a '16 Impala. Badumtsh.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/04/adrien...fl/?adid=hero2
        Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
          Adrian got nabbed with 25lbs of weed in PA.

I'm not sure what's worse - getting caught with that much weed or getting caught driving a '16 Impala. Badumtsh.

I somehow seem to recall that our Mike (Dezz) drives one of those. Big trunk, to hold all that weed - and Rudy's clothes, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Yah, I generally keep to much personal stuff off line because I figure nobody really cares
            I find that if you can work it into a humorous situation, or something others can relate to, it's good to share.

Comment

lol, I'm not losing a daughter, I'm gaining a ton!
              She's not such a bad old crow, after all.
              Last edited by jimmie ray; 08-05-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Anyone have any experience beating a speeding ticket in court?

Story:
                Last April a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for doing 49 in a 25. I asked to see the radar gun but he ignored me.

This Thursday I'm going to court because I originally pleaded not guilty. I believe this to be true. The reason? I was going uphill behind traffic and saw him sitting there from 2 blocks away. The other cars in front of me slowed down, so I did too. Do you realize in my Honda Civic I would have to have been flooring it to be do 49 uphill in this particular area, plus completely ignored the cop in a cruiser sitting there 2 blocks ahead of me?

At any rate, as I understand it, if the cop doesn't show up, it's automatically dismissed. If for some reason he comes, he needs to provide proof. There's no way a cop has a radar gun reading from 4 months ago and bringing it to court. I also hear that I can ask when the last time the radar gun was calibrated, etc.,,,,

Anyways, if anyone has any kind of experience with this kind of thing, please share. I'm facing 4 points and a $250 fine plus a large increase on my auto insurance.
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

She's not such a bad old crow, after all.
                  Lol, old crow. Gets me every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                    Anyone have any experience beating a speeding ticket in court?

Story:
                    Last April a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for doing 49 in a 25. I asked to see the radar gun but he ignored me.

This Thursday I'm going to court because I originally pleaded not guilty. I believe this to be true. The reason? I was going uphill behind traffic and saw him sitting there from 2 blocks away. The other cars in front of me slowed down, so I did too. Do you realize in my Honda Civic I would have to have been flooring it to be do 49 uphill in this particular area, plus completely ignored the cop in a cruiser sitting there 2 blocks ahead of me?

At any rate, as I understand it, if the cop doesn't show up, it's automatically dismissed. If for some reason he comes, he needs to provide proof. There's no way a cop has a radar gun reading from 4 months ago and bringing it to court. I also hear that I can ask when the last time the radar gun was calibrated, etc.,,,,

Anyways, if anyone has any kind of experience with this kind of thing, please share. I'm facing 4 points and a $250 fine plus a large increase on my auto insurance.
                    I googled for some stuff the last time this happened to me. Some of it was useful as I'm sure you've already figured out. I've also think you can request the report or something too.

I find as I've gotten older that they're usually more apt to give up the points than the money. So I always offer to pay whatever to keep points off.

it's the American way, comrade.

Comment

I googled for some stuff the last time this happened to me. Some of it was useful as I'm sure you've already figured out. I've also think you can request the report or something too.

I find as I've gotten older that they're usually more apt to give up the points than the money. So I always offer to pay whatever to keep points off.

it's the American way, comrade.
                      That's for sure. You can plea bargain just about anything down to reduce or eliminate points, but the cost will still be exorbedant, along with a nonsense surcharges (at least here in NY). Assuming Joe's age and demograghics, they just want his money.
                      As far as catching the officer on his facts in court - forget about it. The last time I went to court, the officer claimed I had a green car (it's blue), it was a clear day (it was raining), and I didn't stop at the white line (they were repaving the street, and there was none).
                      I would strongly recommend pleaing down, but make sure of the details on the points reduction and what you're pleading guilty to. Once you're in front of the judge, he will have no interest in what transpired that day, nor what you didn't understand in the pleaing process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                        Adrian got nabbed with 25lbs of weed in PA.

I'll smoke yo *** in my Impala hahaa

Comment

• MH, G, Rosie, TH----I forgot the rest of his letters, are too scared to play fantasy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

I'll smoke yo *** in my Impala hahaa
                            I told you it was lame when you were talking about it....and I'm going to continue making fun of you for actually owning one.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• For the record, I drive a Subaru Legacy, and yes, it does in fact fit my entire field hockey team comfortably.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

That's for sure. You can plea bargain just about anything down to reduce or eliminate points, but the cost will still be exorbedant, along with a nonsense surcharges (at least here in NY). Assuming Joe's age and demograghics, they just want his money.
                                As far as catching the officer on his facts in court - forget about it. The last time I went to court, the officer claimed I had a green car (it's blue), it was a clear day (it was raining), and I didn't stop at the white line (they were repaving the street, and there was none).
                                I would strongly recommend pleaing down, but make sure of the details on the points reduction and what you're pleading guilty to. Once you're in front of the judge, he will have no interest in what transpired that day, nor what you didn't understand in the pleaing process.
                                Thanks guys. I found this:

What happens in court:
                                • Go check in with the clerk.
                                • See if your officer arrives, if he doesn't that will often be the end right there.
                                • The judge will call your case.
                                • The officer will testify first.
                                • You then question the officer
                                • You then call any witnesses you have
                                • The officer can make a closing statement
                                • You can make a closing statement
                                • The judge decides.

1. Wear a suit, if you own one. If you look like a derelict, you will be treated like a derelict. We don't care if you think that is unfair! The world is not fair - grow up.

2. Be nice. Again, being a **** will just get you in trouble and solves nothing.

3. IT is the officers duty to prove you GUILTY. If he fails to prove your guilt the case will be dismissed.
                                BE confident that you will win the case!

Check the actual wording of the code you violated. If the officer fails to prove guilt in any part of the code then you should be dismissed.

BEFORE an officer can use the radar/laser reading as evidence, he has to establish a few things Jurisdiction Certification, up to date, accurate, traffic and engineering survey, radar/laser properly calibrated, tuning forks calibrated (with radar), FCC license, radar/laser unit appears on that FCC license

If the officer attempts to use the radar reading before establishing those things above, politely interrupt and say "objection your honor, inadmissible evidence."

Then tell the judge why. If the officer fails to prove your guilt at the end of his testimony don't question him, move to have the case dismissed. And explain what he failed to prove.

If the officer was moving when was his speedometer last calibrated? Have the records to see if he contradicts himself. If officer guesses your speed. throw something and ask him how fast it was going. If he is off by 3 MPH at 15 MPH speed then think about how far off he is at 35 MPH.

Were the speed limits prima facie? or Absolute? If prima facie then prove the speed you were traveling at wasn't unsafe.

ASK questions like: what color clothes was I wearing? did I have any passengers?

What was the weather like? To see how well versed the officer is.

See if you can attend traffic school in exchange for a dismissal of the charge (never bothers your insurance.)

OFTEN the worst part of a ticket is the increase in your insurance. By beating the ticket you don't have to worry about that...
                                Hopefully the cop won't show up - in which case you will ask that the case be dismissed - 99% of the time it will.
                                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                                "No...I didn't."
                                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Working...
                                X