Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

    Thanks guys. I found this:

    What happens in court:
    • Go check in with the clerk.
    • See if your officer arrives, if he doesn't that will often be the end right there.
    • The judge will call your case.
    • The officer will testify first.
    • You then question the officer
    • You then call any witnesses you have
    • The officer can make a closing statement
    • You can make a closing statement
    • The judge decides.

    Not really the case in NY.
    Not to mention I've never even heard of a situation where you "question an officer" wtf does that even mean??
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

      I told you it was lame when you were talking about it....and I'm going to continue making fun of you for actually owning one.
      Yooou're ****in lame with your Legacy. You have no legacy!

      Comment


      • Pizz, you see GOT last night?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

          Not to mention I've never even heard of a situation where you "question an officer" wtf does that even mean??

          I think they mean you can question when the last time the radar gun was calibrated, where is your evidence (radar gun reading), etc.

          I might just wing it and ask if the officer ordered the code red.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            MH, G, Rosie, TH----I forgot the rest of his letters, are too scared to play fantasy.
            Assuming you can pick whatever Linemen for your fantasy team, how do they figure in? I've never played or looked into this, but assume you pick players based solely on stats?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

              Thanks guys. I found this:

              What happens in court:
              • Go check in with the clerk.
              • See if your officer arrives, if he doesn't that will often be the end right there.
              • The judge will call your case.
              • The officer will testify first.
              • You then question the officer
              • You then call any witnesses you have
              • The officer can make a closing statement
              • You can make a closing statement
              • The judge decides.

              1. Wear a suit, if you own one. If you look like a derelict, you will be treated like a derelict. We don't care if you think that is unfair! The world is not fair - grow up.

              2. Be nice. Again, being a **** will just get you in trouble and solves nothing.

              3. IT is the officers duty to prove you GUILTY. If he fails to prove your guilt the case will be dismissed.
              BE confident that you will win the case!

              Check the actual wording of the code you violated. If the officer fails to prove guilt in any part of the code then you should be dismissed.

              BEFORE an officer can use the radar/laser reading as evidence, he has to establish a few things Jurisdiction Certification, up to date, accurate, traffic and engineering survey, radar/laser properly calibrated, tuning forks calibrated (with radar), FCC license, radar/laser unit appears on that FCC license

              If the officer attempts to use the radar reading before establishing those things above, politely interrupt and say "objection your honor, inadmissible evidence."

              Then tell the judge why. If the officer fails to prove your guilt at the end of his testimony don't question him, move to have the case dismissed. And explain what he failed to prove.

              If the officer was moving when was his speedometer last calibrated? Have the records to see if he contradicts himself. If officer guesses your speed. throw something and ask him how fast it was going. If he is off by 3 MPH at 15 MPH speed then think about how far off he is at 35 MPH.

              Were the speed limits prima facie? or Absolute? If prima facie then prove the speed you were traveling at wasn't unsafe.

              ASK questions like: what color clothes was I wearing? did I have any passengers?

              What was the weather like? To see how well versed the officer is.

              See if you can attend traffic school in exchange for a dismissal of the charge (never bothers your insurance.)

              OFTEN the worst part of a ticket is the increase in your insurance. By beating the ticket you don't have to worry about that...
              Hopefully the cop won't show up - in which case you will ask that the case be dismissed - 99% of the time it will.
              This all B.S..:
              First off, do you not have plea bargaining in N.J.? That is the most important thing to consider doing, in your case.
              The judge isn't going to give a rat's *** about your confidence, manner of dress, or how well you pretend to be a lawyer. If he knows the cop well, he wave aside any attempt to discredit his testimony or equipment. You're probably not the first to try and bring these things up, against this officer, on this day. Any attempt at bringing up trivial circumstances from the time of the infraction will only lead to a more certain verdict and higher fine. You can act as nice as you want, and he will nicely inform you of your penalty.
              You are a middle aged white guy, they just want what's in your pocket.

              Comment







              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

                I'll smoke yo *** in my Impala hahaa
                Actually the new Impalas look pretty nice, but I was picturing the model I took my driver's test in.
                1973_Chevy_Impala.jpg

                Last edited by Roosevelt; 08-07-2017, 04:23 PM.
                Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                  Anyone have any experience beating a speeding ticket in court?


                  Story:
                  Last April a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for doing 49 in a 25. I asked to see the radar gun but he ignored me.

                  This Thursday I'm going to court because I originally pleaded not guilty. I believe this to be true. The reason? I was going uphill behind traffic and saw him sitting there from 2 blocks away. The other cars in front of me slowed down, so I did too. Do you realize in my Honda Civic I would have to have been flooring it to be do 49 uphill in this particular area, plus completely ignored the cop in a cruiser sitting there 2 blocks ahead of me?

                  At any rate, as I understand it, if the cop doesn't show up, it's automatically dismissed. If for some reason he comes, he needs to provide proof. There's no way a cop has a radar gun reading from 4 months ago and bringing it to court. I also hear that I can ask when the last time the radar gun was calibrated, etc.,,,,

                  Anyways, if anyone has any kind of experience with this kind of thing, please share. I'm facing 4 points and a $250 fine plus a large increase on my auto insurance.
                  This is probably too late but the last time I got a speeding ticket I hired an attorney who took care of everything. It probably cost me $275 ($125 for the ticket and $150 for the attorney) but he was able to reduce it down to no points.

                  Good luck.
                  Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    Pizz, you see GOT last night?
                    Hell yea....it was one of the best episodes ever
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

                    It's too bad, I'm too good....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

                      I'll smoke yo *** in my Impala hahaa
                      what year, dork?
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        For the record, I drive a Subaru Legacy, and yes, it does in fact fit my entire field hockey team comfortably.
                        And the female softball team?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                          This all B.S..:
                          First off, do you not have plea bargaining in N.J.? That is the most important thing to consider doing, in your case.
                          The judge isn't going to give a rat's *** about your confidence, manner of dress, or how well you pretend to be a lawyer. If he knows the cop well, he wave aside any attempt to discredit his testimony or equipment. You're probably not the first to try and bring these things up, against this officer, on this day. Any attempt at bringing up trivial circumstances from the time of the infraction will only lead to a more certain verdict and higher fine. You can act as nice as you want, and he will nicely inform you of your penalty.
                          You are a middle aged white guy, they just want what's in your pocket.
                          Im sure you're right.
                          I'm going in with my one hand on the Mic and the other on my checkbook.
                          My biggest hope is the cop doesn't show.
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

                            Im sure you're right.
                            I'm going in with my one hand on the Mic and the other on my checkbook.
                            My biggest hope is the cop doesn't show.
                            Again, you have to look into whether they offer plea bargaining. I believe that if you can eliminate the points, your insurance rate will not be affected. God forbid you chance a judge's decision, get stuck with those points, and then another incident befalls you - you will be totally ****ed, then.
                            I'm not sure about the policeman not showing thing either - who's to say they don't make you wait until the later session, or reschedule it for him? Just saying, nothing about what they say could go in your favor, worked for me. I went in, clean cut and respectful, had legitimate excuses and contradictions to the policeman's account - the judge treated me like a murderer. Some others, who did all the opposite, were sent off with a pat on the hand.
                            Pay the plea, and put it behind you.
                            I am none the less still very supportive of police, and what they have to deal with in their jobs.

                            Comment


                            • If the cop shows, you can always just talk to him. Tell him your story without being a **** about it and see if he'll work with you.

                              I did that once and he agreed to give me a traffic infraction. No points. He talked to the clerk and it was done.

                              ps - this place has become a real sausage fest.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                If the cop shows, you can always just talk to him. Tell him your story without being a **** about it and see if he'll work with you.

                                I did that once and he agreed to give me a traffic infraction. No points. He talked to the clerk and it was done.
                                Are you kidding? There's no way you can do that, once it goes to court. It would be kaos in the court, if they allowed that. Why wouldn't the cop have just given you a warning, like they used to do with guys like us, back when the incident happened?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X