X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Thaaaaaat's why you are the worst.

I came in 2nd place that year after losing 2 of my top 3 picks in the first week of the season.
    So put your money were your mouth is hot shot, lets dew dis.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

So put your money were your mouth is hot shot, lets dew dis.
      You're bad at trying to bait lol.
      Nah I'm good.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

You're bad at trying to bait lol.
        Nah I'm good.

Come at me braah

Nothing but excuses

Comment

• That's a creepy gif....
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
            Anyone have any experience beating a speeding ticket in court?

Story:
            Last April a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for doing 49 in a 25. I asked to see the radar gun but he ignored me.

This Thursday I'm going to court because I originally pleaded not guilty. I believe this to be true. The reason? I was going uphill behind traffic and saw him sitting there from 2 blocks away. The other cars in front of me slowed down, so I did too. Do you realize in my Honda Civic I would have to have been flooring it to be do 49 uphill in this particular area, plus completely ignored the cop in a cruiser sitting there 2 blocks ahead of me?

At any rate, as I understand it, if the cop doesn't show up, it's automatically dismissed. If for some reason he comes, he needs to provide proof. There's no way a cop has a radar gun reading from 4 months ago and bringing it to court. I also hear that I can ask when the last time the radar gun was calibrated, etc.,,,,

Anyways, if anyone has any kind of experience with this kind of thing, please share. I'm facing 4 points and a $250 fine plus a large increase on my auto insurance.
            I got a speeding ticket in NY when I was like 17, this was when I was still trying to drive. Cop pulls me over and runs down this list of items he is siting me for and the ticket will be close to $1000.00. Then he says, if you have $100 on you, we can call it even right now and he won't submit the ticket. He assured me it was perfectly legal. So I gave him the $100 bucks and went on my way. I was so nervous after that encounter I was constantly checking my rear view mirror and ended up rear ending someone at a traffic light 2 miles away. I think that was my 5th or 6th accident at that point.

Comment

• I'll play if it means keeping a league going, but I am not drinking any ****ing merlot.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I got a speeding ticket in NY when I was like 17, this was when I was still trying to drive. Cop pulls me over and runs down this list of items he is siting me for and the ticket will be close to $1000.00. Then he says, if you have $100 on you, we can call it even right now and he won't submit the ticket. He assured me it was perfectly legal. So I gave him the $100 bucks and went on my way. I was so nervous after that encounter I was constantly checking my rear view mirror and ended up rear ending someone at a traffic light 2 miles away. I think that was my 5th or 6th accident at that point.
                damn, that's shady as ****....
                I've never heard of anyone having an encounter like that.....well, except my grandfather's wife, when she lived in Mexico
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

What do you mean, trying to drive?

You were driving - just into others..

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    If the cop shows, you can always just talk to him. Tell him your story without being a **** about it and see if he'll work with you.

I did that once and he agreed to give me a traffic infraction. No points. He talked to the clerk and it was done.

ps - this place has become a real sausage fest.
                    I went to a sausage fest in Revere when I lived up in Boston. Good times, it was for some charity or another. Lots of local players from the Bruins, Sox and Celtics there. Too crowded to really be fun and the sausages were mostly all the same and disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                      I'll play if it means keeping a league going, but I am not drinking any ****ing merlot.
                      Good man.

Comment

• Anyone watch that HBO doc mini-series "The Defiant Ones"? Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre? cool stuff (until the end where it inadvertently became an hour long Apple commercial lol)
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

damn, that's shady as ****....
                          I've never heard of anyone having an encounter like that.....well, except my grandfather's wife, when she lived in Mexico
                          I was young, stupid and intimidated. WTF did I know. All I knew was after all my accidents if I came home with a speeding ticket my parents would kill me. It's lot easier to explain how I blew that $100. Frankly, I don't think I even was speeding, but that doesn't matter. He might have not even been a cop, maybe I got pulled over by mall security.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

What do you mean, trying to drive?

You were driving - just into others..
                            I have absolitely no business behind the wheel of a car. No insurance company will insure me except the "state minimum insurance" companies. But by some twist, my drivers license is still valid and I can legally drive. I have a dozen or so times the past few years, only got in one accident in that time, took down a street sign when making a right in my sister's car.

I swear it jumped out in front of me just as I turned.
                            Last edited by jmike; 08-08-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I was young, stupid and intimidated. WTF did I know. All I knew was after all my accidents if I came home with a speeding ticket my parents would kill me. It's lot easier to explain how I blew that $100. Frankly, I don't think I even was speeding, but that doesn't matter. He might have not even been a cop, maybe I got pulled over by mall security.
                              nah, I'm not blaming you, I just think it's ****ed, and you're the first person I've ever heard of that actually happening to. What is this, a movie?!
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

the sausages were mostly all the same and disappointing.

...and I'll bet that's not the first time you've used that phrase either.....

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                                "No...I didn't."
                                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Working...
                                X