This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How you feeling Zim?
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• metza metz, Joe. Can't wait for the catheter ablation... hoping that will make me feel better by allowing me to get off 3 heart meds.
      Always beat.
      But, doing well up in the head and appreciate your asking. Thank you,

Comment

• Giants football tomorrow.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
          Giants football tomorrow.

Comment

• Me and Dez are the only ones that care.

The rest of you only post here to talk about sausage.
            "No...I didn't."

Comment

• She might be takin' a break from you.......but she ain't takin' a break from the ol' SAUSEEEEGE, ehhh!!!
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                What is that wrestling style anyway? Lay on your back and kick? That's how a kept my sister from hitting me when I was six.
                Evidently, they do teach this nonsense at Martial Arts schools. I once invited a co-worker to my summer party, and he bragged about his skills to my friends and softball team guys. Got on the ground and challenged anyone to attack him in his "crab kick" stance. I was like, dude stop it, anyone here can just stomp on your head and you're done. It works great against the trainer, though - so they keep paying for even more "advanced" classes.

Comment

Training camp is a confusing time.
                  One day Jenkins is popping a guy for running sprints harder than him, the next he's challenging all the receivers to bring it on. I think they'll all be fine, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Evidently, they do teach this nonsense at Martial Arts schools. I once invited a co-worker to my summer party, and he bragged about his skills to my friends and softball team guys. Got on the ground and challenged anyone to attack him in his "crab kick" stance. I was like, dude stop it, anyone here can just stomp on your head and you're done. It works great against the trainer, though - so they keep paying for even more "advanced" classes.
                    That's crazy. Who would teach that style? Like you say, if he were out in the streets of NYC and pulled that crap he'd have his butt thoroughly stomped. The ground is where the loser ends up... he shouldn't begin there.
                    Just strikes me as a Wuss way of fighting... Like Jenn said, it's a 6 year old kids way of fighting a sibling.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

That's crazy. Who would teach that style? Like you say, if he were out in the streets of NYC and pulled that crap he'd have his butt thoroughly stomped. The ground is where the loser ends up... he shouldn't begin there.
                      Just strikes me as a Wuss way of fighting... Like Jenn said, it's a 6 year old kids way of fighting a sibling.
                      I couldn't believe what this clown was up to. He was a chubby 5' 7" at best. We had a few guys on our softball team that stand at least 6' 2" and were strong as all ****. Lucky for him we were all drinking and just laughed at him.

Comment

• Like height is important.

Comment

Like height is important.
                          You said you liked that I was tall =(
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Like height is important.
                            Sure, if a smaller guy is conditioned and trained like Bruce Lee, you shouldn't take anything for granted... maybe me and my murderer's row gang narrowly escaped being laid out by the "little fat crab boy that could", who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Well, I did it. It was in Westchester County about 10 years ago. We were standing around in the hallway before things got started and I approached the cop. He was cool and the judge was happy to accept the lesser charge. He of course did not lower the fine.
                              Went to court today. The cop was there. He agreed to lower to offense to 2 points that can be taken away with an online driving course and a $200 fine.
                              The judge agreed to it.
                              Fine by me.

BTW: just so you all know: 75% of folks in court today were there for cell phone use while driving. First offenses. Automatic $300 fine and you're on probation for 6 months: do it again it's $600. Third time it's $900 and loss of driver's license for one year.

"No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Went to court today. The cop was there. He agreed to lower to offense to 2 points that can be taken away with an online driving course and a $200 fine.
                                The judge agreed to it.
                                Fine by me.

BTW: just so you all know: 75% of folks in court today were there for cell phone use while driving. First offenses. Automatic $300 fine and you're on probation for 6 months: do it again it's $600. Third time it's $900 and loss of driver's license for one year.
                                Will your insurance company be notified of your points, though - and give you a problem about them going away, later?

And let me guess - all those folks who had those cellphone tickets were blabbing away on their phones, even after being told to hold it down.

Comment

Working...
                                X