This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    I'm tired, a little hungover, and goddamn pissed at the atrocity that I witnessed last night.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Its very concerning.

Im not into it this year like I normally am for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Its very concerning.

Im not into it this year like I normally am for some reason.
      I tell you, after last night, I feel like any excitement I had for this year just went in the toilet.

There can't be any more excuses of "it's only preseason" blah blah.....those guys were playing football and our offense got it's *** kicked.....by the Browns.

It's really unfathomable that we could be a SB caliber team if we had a decent OL......I'm willing to give up picks whatever it takes to get some studs in here.

We can't wait until next year....how the hell does the heads not see this????

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I tell you, after last night, I feel like any excitement I had for this year just went in the toilet.

There can't be any more excuses of "it's only preseason" blah blah.....those guys were playing football and our offense got it's *** kicked.....by the Browns.

It's really unfathomable that we could be a SB caliber team if we had a decent OL......I'm willing to give up picks whatever it takes to get some studs in here.

We can't wait until next year....how the hell does the heads not see this????
        It's not just the O line. Eli was bad. Perkins was bad. The D looks good but it was the Browns.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It's not just the O line. Eli was bad. Perkins was bad. The D looks good but it was the Browns.
          Eli and Perkins being bad goes back to the OL imo
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Plus I don't think Bens a good coach. I know our oline is terrible and that effects everything else but he's not creative at all.

Comment

• Guys.....we're always garbage in preseason. If I could go find all the "sky is falling" posts from previous preseasons, I would.
              Honestly, who cares. I only care about games that matter.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Guys.....we're always garbage in preseason. If I could go find all the "sky is falling" posts from previous preseasons, I would.
                What makes you think the oline will show up in the regular season?

Comment

• They are, very simply, not a very good group of OL's, and I don't see them getting much better.
                  I know it is preseason... believe me. I remember 1973 when we were 6-0 in preseason and 1-12-1 in regular season.... Preseason means nothing.
                  We always play conservative in preseason and don't give anything away, especially on Offense.
                  But, blocking is blocking, and they can neither run block nor pass block, and that's not going to improve much just because it is suddenly called a regular season game.
                  The O will have more potential than last year, but we are still going to have to depend on our D for turnovers and field position because Eli cannot function with only 2 seconds to make a decision, and he isn't fast and adroit enuf to roll out, ala,Rogers, and gain time.
                  I still see 10-6, 11-5, like last year, despite the improvements to the Offense.

Comment

Eli and Perkins being bad goes back to the OL imo
                    No..They were bad all by themselves. Eli teed up two WR's, both of whom got hurt. He threw an easy pick that was dropped near the goal line and he was generally inaccurate all over the field.
                    Perkins goes down if someone blows on him.

Comment

Eli teed up two WR's, both of whom got hurt.
                      Stoooop the nonsense.

Comment

Guys.....we're always garbage in preseason. If I could go find all the "sky is falling" posts from previous preseasons, I would.
                        I don't let this **** get to me any more its just not worth it .. the team is going to do what they're going to do.. I wasn't always this way and have spouted off many times here.. The powers that be see what we see and more, how they take it what they do about any of it is out of our control... January we will know how it all turned out... Last night I didn't see all that much to get excited about "offensively". with some good play my attitude will change from this whatever state...

Comment

Yes our offense was putrid in the preseason last year and was putrid all year. Now they are putrid again this preseason.
                          What does this tell you?

Comment

No..They were bad all by themselves. Eli teed up two WR's, both of whom got hurt. He threw an easy pick that was dropped near the goal line and he was generally inaccurate all over the field.
                            Perkins goes down if someone blows on him.
                            Both looked bad but would've been better with better OL play imo.
                            "No...I didn't."

Comment

Yes our offense was putrid in the preseason last year and was putrid all year. Now they are putrid again this preseason.
                              What does this tell you?
                              That our offense sucks in preseason?
                              This has been a test... only a test.

Comment

• If something isn't done about the OL, and I doubt it will be, then my expectations for this season just went from 11-5 to 6-10.
                                "No...I didn't."

Comment

Working...
                                X