• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Here's another one:

"Farewell and ado to ye fair spanish ladies
    farewell and ado ye ladies of Spain
    for we've received orders to sail back to Boston
    and then never see thee again..."
    Sung so eloquently by Captain Quint... Robert Shaw.

Comment

You can't play anything on it?
      Dude, look it up on youtube how to play "With or Without You" for your wife.......you'll thank me later....

Conjures up Labyrinth, with David Bowie
      Last edited by zimonami; Today, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        Couple other one hit wonders from the 70s

Spirit in the Sky-Greenbaum

Ooh Child-5 stairsteps

Mr Big Stuff-Jean Knight

Norman O. Greebaum from Malden, MA.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Some of the best songs are simple.
          Most any Beatles Song.

While I agree that a lot of the best songs are simple, I have a problem labeling most Beatles songs as being such.

Sure, "Love Me Do", "Hard Days Night", "I Saw Her Standing There", "Let It Be"......easy few chords.....sort of (until you know the arrangements note for note then you see they're not quite what they appear to be)....for example: I challenge anyone to find the "correct" way of playing the piano intro to "Let It Be".....go ahead, look it up on youtube....they're all wrong.

I'm not going to write a thesis on the Beatles here, but I can tell you that even their "simple" songs are not....

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

You can't play anything on it?
            Dude, look it up on youtube how to play "With or Without You" for your wife.......you'll thank me later....

So, a kid says he wants to take up an instrument and chooses the bass. His doting parents buy him a cheap bass and some lessons. After the first lesson his parents ask how things went and he replies, "awesome, I learned how to play an E". They ooh and ah appropriately and he toddles off. Next week, same deal this time he says, "Great! I learned how to play an A". Again, the oohing and ahing and he goes off to his room.

The following week he doesn't come home at the usual time from his lesson. He gets home at 2am stinking of booze and cigarettes. HIs parents say, "what happened, didn't you go to your lesson tonight?" He replies, "Why? I had a gig"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

So, a kid says he wants to take up an instrument and chooses the bass. His doting parents buy him a cheap bass and some lessons. After the first lesson his parents ask how things went and he replies, "awesome, I learned how to play an E". They ooh and ah appropriately and he toddles off. Next week, same deal this time he says, "Great! I learned how to play an A". Again, the oohing and ahing and he goes off to his room.

The following week he doesn't come home at the usual time from his lesson. He gets home at 2am stinking of booze and cigarettes. HIs parents say, "what happened, didn't you go to your lesson tonight?" He replies, "Why? I had a gig"
              ROFL

See Jimmie???
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• C'mon Joe - you have to have heard that joke before.

Comment

• Yes but it is still relevant....especially for Jim who could use a boost of encouragement.

He is going to be an excellent bassist when he realizes his calling....

Jim- you do have at least two fingers on each hand, right?
                  "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    C'mon Joe - you have to have heard that joke before.
                    hows the great lake ?

Comment

Working...
                    X