This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    You do realize that the league spend countless ten's (maybe hundreds) of thousands (maybe millions) of dollars to market research firms to determine the starting times of games........Right?
    Well, my bed times 1030-11. They should take that into consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Well, my bed times 1030-11. They should take that into consideration.
      lmao
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
        Anybody know where I can purchase real-life visas, green cards, etc.?
        As a matter of fact, I do.

Paypal me fifty bucks and I'll send you a link to a real life site.

Comment

The league is so stupid. Nobody wants to watch a game at 830 on Sundays or Mondays. They have to know this. With ratings down 10% you would think they would make some changes.
          I used to love MNF, and was excited when they first introduced SNF. That was a long time ago - when I could stay up late, and drink all day and still be conscious for the night games. Now I don't last for halftime.

Comment

since you guys are gay Im not in one this year.
            I'm done playing in my other friends league too. They're too annoying about it.
            Sounds like something a gay priss would blurt out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I used to love MNF, and was excited when they first introduced SNF. That was a long time ago - when I could stay up late, and drink all day and still be conscious for the night games. Now I don't last for halftime.
              Day drinking is exhausting....unless you literally never stop.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Day drinking is exhausting....unless you literally never stop.
                I used to have more company and diversions during all day binges. A quick 3 on 3 game or just throw the ball around, darts, pool, etc... between games. Just sitting and drinking is never good.

Comment

I used to have more company and diversions during all day binges. A quick 3 on 3 game or just throw the ball around, darts, pool, etc... between games. Just sitting and drinking is never good.
                  I knew a couple kids in high school who would get drunk and have dart fights.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

my buddy and I would pull all day benders(not intentionally) on game days at one of our bars. If the Giants played at say 4, we'd show up at 12:30 to find our favorite high-top, and football days have $6 pitchers of swill like bud light or some garbage....
                    We've stayed until the end of the late games sometimes. Just a bit much I'd say....

One time a bartender says " (other bartender) wants to know how many pitchers you guys plan on killing today..."

Sarcasman showed up for one of those days if I'm not mistaken. Probably not one of the bad ones though
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

This is dumb even by my standards...
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

This is dumb even by my standards...
                        Yes...They were idiots.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

We all played in bar leagues, but things did get out of control at our house parties. One of my friends got hit in the ear, and it was spurting blood and would not stop. The bathroom looked like a horror movie scene. I missed at least half that game, cleaning up.

Comment

my buddy and I would pull all day benders(not intentionally) on game days at one of our bars. If the Giants played at say 4, we'd show up at 12:30 to find our favorite high-top, and football days have $6 pitchers of swill like bud light or some garbage....
                            We've stayed until the end of the late games sometimes. Just a bit much I'd say....

One time a bartender says " (other bartender) wants to know how many pitchers you guys plan on killing today..."

Sarcasman showed up for one of those days if I'm not mistaken. Probably not one of the bad ones though
                            I don't go to bars, anymore. When I first started watching football, the one around the corner had $1 tall necks, free shots for every TD, and a free low budget buffet. I doubt many places can do anything like that, anymore.

Comment

I don't go to bars, anymore. When I first started watching football, the one around the corner had $1 tall necks, free shots for every TD, and a free low budget buffet. I doubt many places can do anything like that, anymore.
                              definitely not.
                              Actually, there's a place in Tampa I went to that had $10 buffet(mostly wings and ****), $10 endless beer.
                              And yes, it was a ****show.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• When I'm home watching the game, which is most of the time, I don't drink during the game at all if it's 1pm.
                                If it's a 4pm I might start at halftime.
                                8:30??? ....I'll be hammered and soaking it up with some food at kickoff.....might have to tape my eyelids open at halftime.
                                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                                "No...I didn't."
                                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Working...
                                X