This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byron View Post
    teams are rushing 3 and 4 guys "and getting pressure on Eli fast " then dropping everybody else into coverage clogging every thing up there.. GD mess.. OB may help with some this but that was some bad **** the other night ...Add to that Eli isn't really suited for this type offence a coach who's hell bent on his system I think we are in for a long season ... big snowballing mess
    Bingo, B. Exactly. Eli needs another 1-1.5 seconds to complete his progressions and make the 'right' choice. He is criticized for making bad choices, but they are usually a result of his pulling the trigger faster than needed because of the rush, and he's only seen half the field and has to make a choice based on that.
    I don't know how well OB can help, If Eli gets the same pressure he still makes a choice based on seeing the coverage on only 1-2 receiver's.
    Eli has been a statue his whole career. Reese should have acted much sooner to give a higher priority to the OL in drafting and FA knowing that if he gives Eli time, he can deliver like he did in '07 and '11 when the OLine play was so much better.

And, these guys don't know how to work together and communicate to each other. The '86 Oline was the very best of getting max run blocking and pass protection out of a bunch of guys that weren't All Pros. The Suburbanites. Effort and smarts was their key.
    Speaking of effort, it pained me to see Flowers, 2 yards downfield and standing all alone, watch that Dallas defender run by him unblocked to nail Perkins. He easily had another 3-4 yards if Flowers just brushes the guy. That is a play I would show over and over again to the team to show them what a little extra effort could have accomplished.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

And you know what's really ominous about that? Apart from the obvious injury potential, you know how people are: if you feel like you're the only one doing the heavy lifting eventually you get pissed off and disillusioned and start not to care. That's just basic human nature and no one is above that.

If we start 0-6, which is a real possibility, our D will feel demoralized and then what are we left with?

There is only one thing that can happen to right the ship at this point: the OL needs to play better. They don't need to be superheros, just better.
      At this point I just don't think they can be......sometimes people work as hard as they can to improve on something but in the end sometimes they just don't have "it" in them.

Sorry to be so negative but I really feel that with the problems on offense combined with the schedule of teams we play, we are in for a brutal season.

There appears to be a gigantic chasm between the coaching staff and the front office because what's going on here makes no sense at all.

I'm sure another Eli thread will solve it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

There appears to be a gigantic chasm between the coaching staff and the front office because what's going on here makes no sense at all.

there are some GD big ego's happening, they are more concerned about their draft picks and system working than admitting their **** ain't working ... god damit I'm getting pissed off !!

Comment

• If you've lived long enough, you can pretty much judge a person's character in 15 minutes of speaking with them, especially if it's about something they should know.
          When I saw JR's press conference at the TC "retirement" I saw a man who was defensive, arrogant, nervous, and wasn't above lashing out.
          Just because he had money to spend to fix the defense does not make him wise.
          He rubs me the wrong way and I don't think writing a couple of checks makes you proficient at your job.
          I don't care for him at all.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Manning isn't playing well and maybe he just got old, I don't know.

But this offense - ostensibly the same one from 2 years ago - is now markedly different. If you give an immobile QB an $85mm extension, it seems to me that investing in protection for him is the natural follow along.

Maybe that was done and the picks aren't working out. Or maybe they're not well coached.

I dont know. But I do know that blaming the QB is a good answer only for simpletons. There is more going wrong here than simply the o line is bad or the QB is bad. Complex problems rarely if ever have simple solutions.

Thats not to say he's blameless, he's not a at all; he needs to play better.

The runaway stupidity in tagf makes me sad for America.

Comment

Manning isn't playing well and maybe he just got old, I don't know.

But this offense - ostensibly the same one from 2 years ago - is now markedly different. If you give an immobile QB an $85mm extension, it seems to me that investing in protection for him is the natural follow along.

Maybe that was done and the picks aren't working out. Or maybe they're not well coached.

I dont know. But I do know that blaming the QB is a good answer only for simpletons. There is more going wrong here than simply the o line is bad or the QB is bad. Complex problems rarely if ever have simple solutions.

Its a domino effect

Comment

• Its a combination of a number of things got to think the first domino is the o-line I got stay out of tagf its pushing my domino

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                  Its a combination of a number of things got to think the first domino is the o-line I got stay out of tagf its pushing my domino
                  Yeah, I'm just back to seeing O.K., but can't read through all the muck that must be on there. I'm sure some are engrossed on how that performance proves how much the team needs Beckham. I think it needs a whole lot more, on several levels - and relying on one skill player's abilities or letting that fool you into thinking this is functional has been part of the problem.
                  How many passes could have been first downs, even if completed? Didn't seem like many were for more than 7 yards.
                  How do you not target Marshall more than twice, with 2 minutes left and down by over 2 scores?
                  Was King playing the slot, too? I didn't see him using his supposed speed on a single play.
                  Why was Ellison off the field so much? Why wasn't Engram sent out for deeper routes, for all that time in there?
                  Looking at the minimal personnel the Cowboys defense needed to blow up the O-line - I have to question how this unit is coached, over just poor personnel.

Comment

Always does the trick for the team.....the more fans cry, the better our team plays, right?
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Manning isn't playing well and maybe he just got old, I don't know.

I think they attempted to build around the skills of Eli.....but they just ****ed up. Richburg was an excellent pick, that's for sure...but our other OL picks, and signings.....they are practice squad fodder.
                      Yea, blaming Eli for the offensive woes is ****ing stupid. You try playing at 100% when you have 250 lbs of steel moving 30mph at your back. You try making the good decisions knowing your left tackle is the equivalent of those paper banners Pop-warner players run though....
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Yeah, I'm just back to seeing O.K., but can't read through all the muck that must be on there
                        This stands out:

https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/9/1...ny-giants-back

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Was just talking about this on Sunday....we should have signed Whitworth instead of Marshall. ugh...

I have no issues with Marshall, at all....but it wasn't really at all necessary.

And drafting Engram, even if he ends up being a stud somehow, was still a waste.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Oh man.

TAGF is about to go to a new high....err low?

There's a new Odell thread.......I predict looting and riots.
                            "No...I didn't."

Comment

Oh man.

TAGF is about to go to a new high....err low?

There's a new Odell thread.......I predict looting and riots.
                              an Odell thread when he hasn't even played yet?

Well damn....
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• aaaaaftertoon delight.

Comment

Working...
                                X