This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take me to pleasuretown
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      Take me to pleasuretown
      is that the town after the Poundtown exit?!
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Yeah, I'm just back to seeing O.K., but can't read through all the muck that must be on there. I'm sure some are engrossed on how that performance proves how much the team needs Beckham. I think it needs a whole lot more, on several levels - and relying on one skill player's abilities or letting that fool you into thinking this is functional has been part of the problem.
        How many passes could have been first downs, even if completed? Didn't seem like many were for more than 7 yards.
        How do you not target Marshall more than twice, with 2 minutes left and down by over 2 scores?
        Was King playing the slot, too? I didn't see him using his supposed speed on a single play.
        Why was Ellison off the field so much? Why wasn't Engram sent out for deeper routes, for all that time in there?
        Looking at the minimal personnel the Cowboys defense needed to blow up the O-line - I have to question how this unit is coached, over just poor personnel.
        I'm with ya Jim ... its not one player , coach or whatever When talking about the o-line and how poor they are you can't leave out JR ,coaching and so on.. its all tied to gather... Tagf for the most part is just a big argument .. that's not to say there isn't some good discussion in there but you got to wade through a lot of bull**** ...... glad your getting better Jim

Comment

Yeah, I'm just back to seeing O.K., but can't read through all the muck that must be on there. I'm sure some are engrossed on how that performance proves how much the team needs Beckham. I think it needs a whole lot more, on several levels - and relying on one skill player's abilities or letting that fool you into thinking this is functional has been part of the problem.
          How many passes could have been first downs, even if completed? Didn't seem like many were for more than 7 yards.
          How do you not target Marshall more than twice, with 2 minutes left and down by over 2 scores?
          Was King playing the slot, too? I didn't see him using his supposed speed on a single play.
          Why was Ellison off the field so much? Why wasn't Engram sent out for deeper routes, for all that time in there?
          Looking at the minimal personnel the Cowboys defense needed to blow up the O-line - I have to question how this unit is coached, over just poor personnel.
          I missed reading about your eyes. Sorry. Hope they are better soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
            Me too, JR.

Meanwhile I can assure you've missed nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Always does the trick for the team.....the more fans cry, the better our team plays, right?

If that were true this team wouldn't have lost a game in the last quarter century. And we'd have enough whine in the cellar from this week to cover us for at least the next three decades.

Comment

I think they attempted to build around the skills of Eli.....but they just ****ed up. Richburg was an excellent pick, that's for sure...but our other OL picks, and signings.....they are practice squad fodder.
                Yea, blaming Eli for the offensive woes is ****ing stupid. You try playing at 100% when you have 250 lbs of steel moving 30mph at your back. You try making the good decisions knowing your left tackle is the equivalent of those paper banners Pop-warner players run though....

Comment

• I don't why people think Richburgs been good. He's been just as bad as the rest of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

haha, yup
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                      It was just one eye, but was swollen shut for Sunday's game. Worst part was my lips, made me realize how much spicy stuff I usually eat, and couldn't. I had to laugh at myself, though - making a joke in response to Mike (Dezz) here touching poison ivy. Then go and pull on some vines and rub my face afterward. It's still spreading on my arms, a week later. Weird ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        I don't why people think Richburgs been good. He's been just as bad as the rest of them.
                        I think we expected him to gain weight and then be able to move people. Center seems to be a tough position, coming out of that stance and hiking the ball properly. I give that some consideration.

Comment

It was just one eye, but was swollen shut for Sunday's game. Worst part was my lips, made me realize how much spicy stuff I usually eat, and couldn't. I had to laugh at myself, though - making a joke in response to Mike (Dezz) here touching poison ivy. Then go and pull on some vines and rub my face afterward. It's still spreading on my arms, a week later. Weird ****.
                          You probably got that herpeghonasyphalaids, bro
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I think we expected him to gain weight and then be able to move people. Center seems to be a tough position, coming out of that stance and hiking the ball properly. I give that some consideration.
                            I think my favorite part of football is watching one guy get his hands on another guy's privates on nearly every play. I think other sports would be much improved if they found a way to fondle each other as often as possible. In baseball, the closest you get is the 3rd base coach handling himself for a bunt, which is fun and all, but doesn't quite have flare of watching one guy bend over for the other player to have easier access. That kind of forethought and consideration makes it better for everyoone.

So do you guys have any ideas how we can get rules in other sports that encourages this type of fanservice? Though I have to give a shout out to all the sports and their heavy doses of butt smacking, that has been a staple of my sports entertainment since the beginning and should not be taken for granted.

Here's a good article on ball handling
                            http://www.thefootballeducator.com/s...ball-handling/

That's a subject Eli can get behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                              . I think other sports would be much improved if they found a way to fondle each other as often as possible.
                              lmao.....best line....
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

You probably got that herpeghonasyphalaids, bro
                                Sounds serious, like I'll need to take more time off work. I'll be on vacation all next week in Virginia. Won't be on here. Not sure if it will be worth getting out to see Monday night's game. Last time I went out for MNF down there, the place closed up at halftime.

Comment

Working...
                                X