Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question though, that picture has Diehl at LG, who's the LT there, I can't think.

Comment

• In baseball you have a good percentage of guys that make a noticeable adjustment to the jewels before stepping into the box... hahaha... Freudian.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
        In baseball you have a good percentage of guys that make a noticeable adjustment to the jewels before stepping into the box... hahaha... Freudian.
        Yes, but they don't seem nearly excited doing it as a QB does getting in behind center, so it loses something. Just watch Eli, he gets behind center, head whipping back and forth as he shouts, having a really good time. The center though seems more tense about it all...hmmm...IDK. Maybe in basketball they could make a rule that during a free throw they need to have their hand in the crotch of the guy to the left until the ball is released? Do you think we can drum up some support for this minor but highly entertaining rule change with the majority of NBA fans?

I am just waiting for the Giants to get a marketing deal going with speedo so I can get my calendar.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Yes, but they don't seem nearly excited doing it as a QB does getting in behind center, so it loses something. Just watch Eli, he gets behind center, head whipping back and forth as he shouts, having a really good time. The center though seems more tense about it all...hmmm...IDK. Maybe in basketball they could make a rule that during a free throw they need to have their hand in the crotch of the guy to the left until the ball is released? Do you think we can drum up some support for this minor but highly entertaining rule change with the majority of NBA fans?

I am just waiting for the Giants to get a marketing deal going with speedo so I can get my calendar.
          lol.
          I was QB in HS. There was no shotgun back then. Every snap I'd cozy my right hand up under and against his crotch... kinda between his nuts and his AH.. It was less fun to call the snap on 1... always needed a 2 or 3 so my hands could absorb a bonus warming. If I noticed the right spacing of defenders right in front of the center I'd tap him there twice, right or left indicating that I wanted him to block his man right or left, and snap the ball on whatever count I called in the huddle. I'd audible a simple 0 or 1 to tell the guys I was going through the 0 or 1 hole... which meant nothing to anyone except the guards, who blocked their man according to how the center was going to block. Scored a 63 yd TD on it one time and I don't think I ever got less than 5 yd gains on it... usually 10 to 20. It was good 2-3times every game.
          Anyways, I always felt a little funny shoving my hands up Jims crotch, but, hey, it was a man's game so surely we were sharing manly moments.

Comment

lol.
            I was QB in HS. There was no shotgun back then. Every snap I'd cozy my right hand up under and against his crotch... kinda between his nuts and his AH.. It was less fun to call the snap on 1... always needed a 2 or 3 so my hands could absorb a bonus warming. If I noticed the right spacing of defenders right in front of the center I'd tap him there twice, right or left indicating that I wanted him to block his man right or left, and snap the ball on whatever count I called in the huddle. I'd audible a simple 0 or 1 to tell the guys I was going through the 0 or 1 hole... which meant nothing to anyone except the guards, who blocked their man according to how the center was going to block. Scored a 63 yd TD on it one time and I don't think I ever got less than 5 yd gains on it... usually 10 to 20. It was good 2-3times every game.
            Anyways, I always felt a little funny shoving my hands up Jims crotch, but, hey, it was a man's game so surely we were sharing manly moments.
            LMAO.....my side hurts now

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

is that the town after the Poundtown exit?!
              They are 2 towns under the same municipality. Just depends on which side of the road you live on.

Comment

• Nothing like warm hand on a cold night, Zim

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  Nothing like warm hand on a cold night, Zim
                  lol... I made up that longer count thingy to get my hands warmer, just to amuse, but, hey, on a cold and windy November Staurday? lol. The first time in practice I had to assume the position with my center I remember thinking NOT to even think about it... it simply had to be done, so concentrate on the play call. My center was a superb blocker, and only 5;9" and 165. He always created an immediate hole exactly where I wanted. But, they was all smaller back then... 1962, '63. The biggest guys were usually 215-225. I was 170..

Comment

lol... I made up that longer count thingy to get my hands warmer, just to amuse, but, hey, on a cold and windy November Staurday? lol. The first time in practice I had to assume the position with my center I remember thinking NOT to even think about it... it simply had to be done, so concentrate on the play call. My center was a superb blocker, and only 5;9" and 165. He always created an immediate hole exactly where I wanted. But, they was all smaller back then... 1962, '63. The biggest guys were usually 215-225. I was 170..
                    I was 8lbs 4oz in '63.

Comment

Question though, that picture has Diehl at LG, who's the LT there, I can't think.
                      probably the year they moved Beatty to LT and Diehl to G
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

In baseball you have a good percentage of guys that make a noticeable adjustment to the jewels before stepping into the box... hahaha... Freudian.
                        I remember watching a Yankee game back in the mid 90s...maybe 96 or 97, and Ken Singleton was talking about how the Yankees traded for Paul Oneill in a prior yehar...and as they are talking, the camera switches to O'niell in right field, hand in his pants, fixing his cup, Jim Kaat, the play by play man "And here we SEE O'neill.....adjusting his uniform....not tying his shoes though..."
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

lol.
                          lol, thank you for that.....good stuff
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

probably the year they moved Beatty to LT and Diehl to G
                            Ah yes, thanks.

Comment

Ah yes, thanks.
                              Which, when ya think about it, that means we haven't had a good LT in almost 10 years.
                              Diehl started to regress a bit in '09-10
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Question though, that picture has Diehl at LG, who's the LT there, I can't think.
                                Mckenzie?

If I remember correctly, Eli once said Seubert smelled the worst, Eli's forearm and hands would stank. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X