X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Mckenzie?

If I remember correctly, Eli once said Seubert smelled the worst, Eli's forearm and hands would stank. lol
    MacKenzie was a RT
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Happy Bday Ol' man

Comment

If I remember correctly, Eli once said Seubert smelled the worst, Eli's forearm and hands would stank. lol
        did Seubert play center?? Maybe he filled in for O'Hara or something?
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

I think he did in practices and training camp. Might have been a few games as well.

Comment

I think he did in practices and training camp. Might have been a few games as well.
            I was curious, so I looked. footballreference.com listed 2 seasons where he filled in at center. not sure how many times though. I don't recall
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Which, when ya think about it, that means we haven't had a good LT in almost 10 years.
              Diehl started to regress a bit in '09-10
              Beatty was pretty good for one season

Comment

Yes, he was the back up center for a couple of seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Beatty was pretty good for one season
                  Yep....literally that's it. he was the original Ereck Flowers lol
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yep....literally that's it. he was the original Ereck Flowers lol
                    While they are both similarly unsuccessful, their actual deficiencies are vastly different.

Comment

• Diehl was good, but more part of a good unit then independently good himself. If Diehl was put at LT on this current line, he would not be remembered very fondly by most of the Giants' faithful.

Since Elliott really showed the league the future of LTs when 300lb lineman were still a rare thing, who have the Giants really had that could be considered individually great at LT? Or even very good? Petitgout? Lomas Brown? Roman Oben (when here)?

Think about some of the names that have started at LT for this team:
                      Beatty and Flowers obviously.
                      Jeff Roehl?
                      Greg Bishop?

Comment

Happy Bday Ol' man
                        Thank you Dezz.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Damn, JJ Watts raised over 30 million for Harvey victims.

Comment

Damn, JJ Watts raised over 30 million for Harvey victims.
                            Yep!! AND he killed a man!!
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Diehl was good, but more part of a good unit then independently good himself. If Diehl was put at LT on this current line, he would not be remembered very fondly by most of the Giants' faithful.

Since Elliott really showed the league the future of LTs when 300lb lineman were still a rare thing, who have the Giants really had that could be considered individually great at LT? Or even very good? Petitgout? Lomas Brown? Roman Oben (when here)?

Jeff Roehl?
                              Greg Bishop?
                              just Diehl really was the only good one we had.
                              He was 2nd team all-pro one year, and a probowler another. that's about it....
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Diehl was good, but more part of a good unit then independently good himself. If Diehl was put at LT on this current line, he would not be remembered very fondly by most of the Giants' faithful.

Jeff Roehl?
                                Greg Bishop?
                                Before Jumbo there was Eric Moore, who was pretty good... before Moore we had Brad Benson. He played the position way better than most even though no one remembers him. He was one of those Suburbanite work horses that played better as a unit than any ofg them was individually.

Comment

Working...
                                X