Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We haven't really used a fullback effectively in awhile...why don't we bolster the line doing that? I mean, they seemed confident enough with our WRs/TE/RB to not spend on the OL, so we might as well see what they can do without the extra help, lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• lmao, we're going to have to have Goal line formations just to have anything work on offense......
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        lmao, we're going to have to have Goal line formations just to have anything work on offense......
        Sad... but, true. When was the last time you remember seeing Eli standing in the pocket, looking down field, and one of our linemen gets beat and there's the FB waiting to pick him up, and Eli gets a pass off downfield?
        Today Eli would just hurry his throw to some check-down man, or throw a hurried, off-target pass, or get crushed.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Before Jumbo there was Eric Moore, who was pretty good... before Moore we had Brad Benson. He played the position way better than most even though no one remembers him. He was one of those Suburbanite work horses that played better as a unit than any ofg them was individually.
          Moore failed as a LT which is why Elliott ended up there, the plan was to have Elliott be the RT and Moore at LT. I think Moore only started a few games his rookie year at LT. RG the rest of the way until Kratch outperformed him there.

How can anyone who ever turns on a NYC or NJ radio station forget Brad Benson?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Moore failed as a LT which is why Elliott ended up there, the plan was to have Elliott be the RT and Moore at LT. I think Moore only started a few games his rookie year at LT. RG the rest of the way until Kratch outperformed him there.

Doesn't he have a car dealership?

Comment

• Originally posted by krankeybluechick View Post

Doesn't he have a car dealership?
              He did, I haven't listen to the radio in a while so he may not anymore, but those ads used to run constantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Happy Bday Ol' man
                You must be talking about jenn, right?

Happy Birthday, Morehead, old bastid

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

They know him as an ex-Giant who owned a Hyundai dealership (Not anymore) in Brunswick, NJ. But, they never saw him play. He wasn't great, but he was solid.
                  Moore was not worth a 1st round pick, but he was way better than Flowers. Moore could at least plow a hole for 3 yard run when needed. He also had slow feet.

Comment

• Happy Birthday, Pappy......congrats on living this long.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Before Jumbo there was Eric Moore, who was pretty good... before Moore we had Brad Benson. He played the position way better than most even though no one remembers him. He was one of those Suburbanite work horses that played better as a unit than any ofg them was individually.
                      I love Ya Zim but I think Moore played guard. I'm pretty sure Moore and Jumbo were #1 and 2 in the same draft.
                      Brad Benson came before Jumbo and he was horrible. Made his entire career on one game against Dexter Manley.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I love Ya Zim but I think Moore played guard. I'm pretty sure Moore and Jumbo were #1 and 2 in the same draft.
                        Brad Benson came before Jumbo and he was horrible. Made his entire career on one game against Dexter Manley.
                        Correct. 1988, Moore, G 1st round 10th pick
                        Elliott, LT, 2nd Round pick 36
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• A 1st and 2nd on oline....Imagine that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

You must be talking about jenn, right?

Happy Birthday, Morehead, old bastid
                            Huh? What did I do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

The next year the top 2 picks we OL also. Brian Williams in the 1st and Bob Kratch in the 3rd. There was no 2nd round pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                A 1st and 2nd on oline....Imagine that.

In the 6 picks the Giants had in the first 3 rounds of the 1988 and 1989 draft they selected 4 offensive linemen and two defensive backs.

Comment

Working...
                                X