Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    A 1st and 2nd on oline....Imagine that.
    unsexy picks are my favorite picks lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

In the 6 picks the Giants had in the first 3 rounds of the 1988 and 1989 draft they selected 4 offensive linemen and two defensive backs.
      *see previous post*
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

unsexy picks are my favorite picks lol

requested pic provided....you are welcome

Comment

*see previous post*
          Yes but can you name the two DBs?

Comment

• but wait, there's more!!!

I hope I have brought sunshine and happiness to your day.

Comment

The next year the top 2 picks we OL also. Brian Williams in the 1st and Bob Kratch in the 3rd. There was no 2nd round pick.
              Crazy. Good historical knowledge. I like it.

Comment

Yes but can you name the two DBs?
                hmm....
                I can't. Not without looking.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

requested pic provided....you are welcome
                  You said those pics we took at the lake would remain private.....
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

hmm....
                    I can't. Not without looking.
                    Sheldon White in '88 and Greg Jackson in '89

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I love Ya Zim but I think Moore played guard. I'm pretty sure Moore and Jumbo were #1 and 2 in the same draft.
                      Brad Benson came before Jumbo and he was horrible. Made his entire career on one game against Dexter Manley.
                      Eric played right guard for us. Unfortunately, zimbo remembered our 1990 superbowl season when Jumbo was out and Eric Moore played LT for the season... so, you were mostly right and I was partly right.
                      Brad Benson did a very stalwart job in '86 to help us win the superbowl. He was solid all year. As I've said, he was just one of those hard working guys that played so well as a group that year, and opened holes 3 yards wide for Morris

Comment

Correct. 1988, Moore, G 1st round 10th pick
                        Elliott, LT, 2nd Round pick 36
                        Jumbo was the best LT I have ever seen to wear a Giants uniform. He was great.
                        It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Eric played right guard for us. Unfortunately, zimbo remembered our 1990 superbowl season when Jumbo was out and Eric Moore played LT for the season... so, you were mostly right and I was partly right.
                          Brad Benson did a very stalwart job in '86 to help us win the superbowl. He was solid all year. As I've said, he was just one of those hard working guys that played so well as a group that year, and opened holes 3 yards wide for Morris
                          I didn't dislike Brad Benson. I just think he essentially stunk. He had, what was considered, ONE good season in 1986. And that was framed by that one glorious game where he manhandled Dexter Manley. I actually think he won offensive player of the week that week.
                          It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I didn't dislike Brad Benson. I just think he essentially stunk. He had, what was considered, ONE good season in 1986. And that was framed by that one glorious game where he manhandled Dexter Manley. I actually think he won offensive player of the week that week.
                            So he was like Beatty.

Comment

• Reese is the problem , McAdoo is the problem , Eli is the problem, O-line is the problem , line coach is the problem ...just what I noticed in tagf today I'm sure there are more but I'm tired

Comment

So he was like Beatty.
                                Yes and no... overall, for their careers, I'd have to say Beatty was slightly better than Benson. Maybe Morehead will add on, because he's seen them both, too. Like he said, Benson only had one real good year, '86. His last year was '87, which was a lost strike year. He was an 8th rnd pick in '78 and became a starter at LT in 79. He was good, but not great... BUT, for an 8th rnd pick we got a lot out of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X