This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Yes and no... overall, for their careers, I'd have to say Beatty was slightly better than Benson. Maybe Morehead will add on, because he's seen them both, too. Like he said, Benson only had one real good year, '86. His last year was '87, which was a lost strike year. He was an 8th rnd pick in '78 and became a starter at LT in 79. He was good, but not great... BUT, for an 8th rnd pick we got a lot out of him.
    Beatty had one good year and everything else was dreadful at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Beatty had one good year and everything else was dreadful at best.
      Benson, too. But neither, IMO (or, should I say in my memory) was as bad as Flowers.

Comment

Benson, too. But neither, IMO (or, should I say in my memory) was as bad as Flowers.
        I couldn't really say how Flowers looks out there, I tend to avert my eyes. Some horrors are better left unseen.

Comment

• Speaking of horrors better left unseen, has anyone else here seen "A Serbian Film"?

Comment

Speaking of horrors better left unseen, has anyone else here seen "A Serbian Film"?
            made me laugh when I saw your previous post. One review gave it a 9/10and said, "There are some things you can't unsee."
            There were a host of 8, 9. and 10/10... and a few 1's and 2's here and there. One guy gave it a 9, then said he couldn't recommend it simply because there were scenes that were really difficult to get through... but, he personally loved I, and thought the acting was solid.
            I think I'd have mixed emotions. It's hard for me to watch an overload of bloody torture.

Comment

• My recollection is that Benson was not very good. He was lucky though to play on an offensive line where the group could help cover the deficiencies of the individuals. I guess that's what good lines do. It's been so long since I've seen that firsthand in NY, I guess I forgot that's how it's supposed to be.

Comment

made me laugh when I saw your previous post. One review gave it a 9/10and said, "There are some things you can't unsee."
                There were a host of 8, 9. and 10/10... and a few 1's and 2's here and there. One guy gave it a 9, then said he couldn't recommend it simply because there were scenes that were really difficult to get through... but, he personally loved I, and thought the acting was solid.
                I think I'd have mixed emotions. It's hard for me to watch an overload of bloody torture.
                The torture isn't the worst part of the movie.

Comment

• The movie is good, I can't recommend it though because I wish I never saw it. But if you want to see a good movie that will leave you sick to your stomach and be burned into your brain disturbing you for the rest of your life, then watch it, but consider yourself warned.

Comment

• Is it like The Hills Have Eyes? That movie was awful. It wasnt scary at all, it was just ****ed up. It was beyond disturbing.

Comment

• I didn't see "The Hills Have Eyes" so I couldn't say. I had run through a bunch of those types of movies, some of the Saw series, both Human Centipede movies, a couple of the Hostel films and A Serbian Film popped up as a recommendation based on that and I watched it. I've been mostly watching animated and Superhero movies and shows ever since.

Comment

I didn't see "The Hills Have Eyes" so I couldn't say. I had run through a bunch of those types of movies, some of the Saw series, both Human Centipede movies, a couple of the Hostel films and A Serbian Film popped up as a recommendation based on that and I watched it. I've been mostly watching animated and Superhero movies and shows ever since.
                        I've always wondered about the psychological profile of a person who was into slasher/horror movies.

Continue........
                        It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I've always wondered about the psychological profile of a person who was into slasher/horror movies.

Continue........
                          I think most slasher horror films are funny because the plot is usually terrible and so is the acting.
                          "Hello? Who's that? Johnny? Danny? Where are you guys? Stop messing around...."
                          Have you seen the old Jason movies? Hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

I think most slasher horror films are funny because the plot is usually terrible and so is the acting.
                            So you're going with the "They are so bad they're good" position?
                            It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

That argument worked in the 80s when production quality was ****. What's the reasoning in 2017? lol
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

So you're going with the "They are so bad they're good" position?
                                yea its like a comedy.

Damn killers make it look so easy...pfft Hollywood.

Comment

Working...
                                X