This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I've always wondered about the psychological profile of a person who was into slasher/horror movies.

Continue........
    I wouldn't say I was into them, but for a short period of time I watched a whole bunch of them in a row, plus a bunch of zombie movies. "A Serbian Film" has moved me off that genre permanently I think. But horror movies create an adrenaline rush if done well or pure hillarious amusment if not. To me a good movie evokes an response, which is why many things I enjoy are often widely considered inferior entertainment by the general population and films that many say are amazing I find uninteresting. That response could be fear, tears, laughter, disgust, etc... I sometimes enjoy a movie purely for the ability to point out how bad it is. But I don't like movies that are delibrately bad like "Sharknado". For example, a movie like Troll 2, where they were trying to make a good movie on a very limited budget and it turned out so bad on every level, that is fun to watch.

Dezzz, if you want to see a good slasher film that deviates from the norm, watch "Behind the Mask: the rise of Leslie Vernon".

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I wouldn't say I was into them, but for a short period of time I watched a whole bunch of them in a row, plus a bunch of zombie movies. "A Serbian Film" has moved me off that genre permanently I think. But horror movies create an adrenaline rush if done well or pure hillarious amusment if not. To me a good movie evokes an response, which is why many things I enjoy are often widely considered inferior entertainment by the general population and films that many say are amazing I find uninteresting. That response could be fear, tears, laughter, disgust, etc... I sometimes enjoy a movie purely for the ability to point out how bad it is. But I don't like movies that are delibrately bad like "Sharknado". For example, a movie like Troll 2, where they were trying to make a good movie on a very limited budget and it turned out so bad on every level, that is fun to watch.

Dezzz, if you want to see a good slasher film that deviates from the norm, watch "Behind the Mask: the rise of Leslie Vernon".
      hahah Troll 2!!! A movie so bad they made a documentary about it.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• We gonna win tonight? yay or nay?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          We gonna win tonight? yay or nay?
          I'll just say no.... that way I have no expectations and won't be disappointed lol
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

IDK about you but I'm not. Got forcably placed as a replacement on my friends bowling team at the last minute. I don't think he quite understood how bad a bowler I am when I tried explaining that to him. So I am missing the game because my friend needs me for his tourny, not sure my score would be significantly different if I don't show up though.

Comment

IDK about you but I'm not. Got forcably placed as a replacement on my friends bowling team at the last minute. I don't think he quite understood how bad a bowler I am when I tried explaining that to him. So I am missing the game because my friend needs me for his tourny, not sure my score would be significantly different if I don't show up though.
              lol...I hope your friend appreciates your sacrifice.
              Meanwhile... the bowling alley is sure to have a TV tuned to the game.

Comment

I dunno.

I'm going to DVR it but also watch live......if at halftime it's the same as last week I'm going to bed. If I wake up tomorrow and hear they somehow had a great 2nd half I'll watch it then.
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

lol...I hope your friend appreciates your sacrifice.
                  Meanwhile... the bowling alley is sure to have a TV tuned to the game.

The last thing I want to do is be the only female member on a team of gay men in a room full of drunk eagles fans all throwing around 15 lb balls while watching a Giants game. But if they don't have a fourth tonight they are out of the tourny, but are still alive even if they lose. Which is likely to happen unless the other team doesn't show.

Comment

• I always just Hope we win every game. I rarely predict. It's how my Mom raised me... Hope for the best, but expect the worst. There have been too many worsts, and I hope tonight isn't one of them because these boards will be a zoo.

Comment

The last thing I want to do is be the only female member on a team of gay men.......
                      For a minute there I thought you were talking about our thread.....

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                        I always just Hope we win every game. I rarely predict. It's how my Mom raised me... Hope for the best, but expect the worst. There have been too many worsts, and I hope tonight isn't one of them because these boards will be a zoo.
                        Oink oink.
                        Moooo.
                        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• what a **** show

Comment

• It's like: this season is not going to be fun. At all.

It's like Thanksgiving and Christmas were cancelled.

Oh, that's right, we're playing then.

So yeah same thing.
                            "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Well, on the bright side the Giants performance last night sure made my performance not look as bad by point of comparison.

Comment

what a **** show
                                ....at least the Sox won.....
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X