This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Pretty sure I saw 2 that should've been caught last night.
    Like I said it was only one drop but that sucked the wind outta me.

Comment

• You think Toms thinking of us right now???

When you look up at the moon at night, do think Tom maybe looking at it at the same time???
      Hmmmmm....

Comment

• TC is probably laughing in private right now at Mara and Reese. Rightfully so.

I also think he probably feels horrible for Eli. Rightfully so.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Like I said it was only one drop but that sucked the wind outta me.
          yea, I was so deflated. that was a home run ball. that woulda gotten us to at least the red zone even if he was tackled.

Of course it probably wouldn't have mattered, when we would inevitably run 3 shotgun draws 3 plays in a row once we got in the red zone....
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

You think Toms thinking of us right now???

When you look up at the moon at night, do think Tom maybe looking at it at the same time???
            Hmmmmm....
            And even though I know how very far apart we are. It helps to think we might be wishing on the same briiiight STAAAAAAAAR!!!!
            Soooomewheeeeere oooooout theeeeeeeere.....
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Late at night when all the wooooorld, is sleeping, I stay up and dream of youuuuu. And I wish on a star, that somewhere you are, thinking of me tooooo.

Comment

• lol ughhhh Im a ****ing nutcase.

Comment

lol ughhhh Im a ****ing nutcase.
                  The rest of us already knew this....glad youre on board now.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

clearly a better OC....and that's his ceiling.
                    When was he ever a good OC? His one year in TC's offense?
                    Credentials? He did a good job with Rogers as a QB coach. I don't think he was ever OC before he came to us? That was it.
                    Since it has been his own to design and develop, it is terrible.

Plus, I have to ask myself... why was Flowers more effective as a rookie on one bad ankle and sucks under Ben with two good ankles? I have no clue... do we have a different OL coach under Ben than whoever TC had?

Plus... how can Vereen, a vet, run a route one yard short of the sticks on 3rd down? That is High School Football 101...know where the sticks are and make sure you run past them on 3rd down.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

When was he ever a good OC? His one year in TC's offense?
                      Credentials? He did a good job with Rogers as a QB coach. I don't think he was ever OC before he came to us? That was it.
                      Since it has been his own to design and develop, it is terrible.

Plus, I have to ask myself... why was Flowers more effective as a rookie on one bad ankle and sucks under Ben with two good ankles? I have no clue... do we have a different OL coach under Ben than whoever TC had?

Plus... how can Vereen, a vet, run a route one yard short of the sticks on 3rd down? That is High School Football 101...know where the sticks are and make sure you run past them on 3rd down.
                      I just saw a high school football game this weekend because my nephew was part of the halftime show. Based on my observations they are not offering high school football 101. I don't think any of them even knew what the down markers were. I thought they needed work on contain until I realized that they didn't know tackling was part of the game, every play ended with the ball carrier running out of bounds. But they all seem to be good dancers, so there's that. Run the ball carrier out of bounds 17 yards downfield, do a dance. Intercept the ball, do a dance first then run with it, after you hear the coach yelling and half the other team walked off the field. Fall down while catching a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 9, do a dance. Punt returner trips down after gaining 14 yards on an 18 yard punt, both sides get to dance. I think we should rename high school football "Dancing with the Idiots", I think the winner is decided by which coach doesn't die of a heart attack or aneurysm before the end of the game.

The band was a trip though, they kept playing guess this terrible pop hit from the early 2000s. I nearly died laughing when bthey struck up with "Come through my window" by Mellissa Etheridge. At least the cheerleaders dancing makes sense, but I always thought they were supposed to dance in unison and to the same music, Nearly 3/4s of them had ear buds in and cell phones strapped to their arms.
                      Last edited by jmike; 09-19-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Speaking of swag my mother in law just got me a Giants winter hoodie.......I feel like telling her to return it
                        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Speaking of swag my mother in law just got me a Giants winter hoodie.......I feel like telling her to return it
                          lol **** move.

Listen to you guys complain!!
                          My extended family is all from Akron.....Browns fans for life....
                          They still rock all the Browns gear all the time even though they haven't been good since....umm....well you get the point....
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

TC is probably laughing in private right now at Mara and Reese. Rightfully so.

I also think he probably feels horrible for Eli. Rightfully so.
                            What do you think he was thinking when we went 11-5 last year after two straight 6-10 seasons before he was "retired"?
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

What do you think he was thinking when we went 11-5 last year after two straight 6-10 seasons before he was "retired"?
                              "Man, I wish Reese would have spent money like that on my defenses", or "Spags is good" or "God, Ben can't run a ****ing play without me"....

Something along those lines.

Comment

"Man, I wish Reese would have spent money like that on my defenses", or "Spags is good" or "God, Ben can't run a ****ing play without me"....

Something along those lines.
                                Maybe it was...."I guess I AM a burnt out football coach who's time has rightfully come to an end".

BTW...My friend was at the game and he said that during the halftime ceremony, honoring the 07 team, they announced everyone's name as they came out except Tom's. No lie.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X