This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Maybe it was...."I guess I AM a burnt out football coach who's time has rightfully come to an end".

BTW...My friend was at the game and he said that during the halftime ceremony, honoring the 07 team, they announced everyone's name as they came out except Tom's. No lie.
    Tom doesn't need a stupid introduction. A beam of light from the heavens shinned down on him as he walked out of the tunnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Tom doesn't need a stupid introduction. A beam of light from the heavens shinned down on him as he walked out of the tunnel.
      I love your persistence.
      It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I love your persistence.
        Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
        Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
        Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
        Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
        Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
        The slogan "Press On" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

The slogan "Press On" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
          You spelled "Happy Hour" wrong.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• You all see that post from Dave Tollefson, he said that on one of the plays where Eli was leveled, not one of our offensive lineman helped him up. Just left him on the ground.

If that doesn't sound like an allegory for this season, idk what does.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• There was also a blurb from Ed McCaffrey where he slammed McAdoo for blaming Eli...said that's the kind of thing that leads to a mutiny like in 92 when the team turned it's back on Handley.....

Is it bad that I would cheer that idea on?
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                You all see that post from Dave Tollefson, he said that on one of the plays where Eli was leveled, not one of our offensive lineman helped him up. Just left him on the ground.

If that doesn't sound like an allegory for this season, idk what does.
                Yeah I read that.

Beyond bizarre.
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

There was also a blurb from Ed McCaffrey where he slammed McAdoo for blaming Eli...said that's the kind of thing that leads to a mutiny like in 92 when the team turned it's back on Handley.....

I'd prefer it didn't come to that and Ben stops being a stubborn ******* but if he doesn't hes getting what he deserves.
                  I don't even want to watch the game on Sundayafter he said Flowers will absolutely is still LT

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

I'd prefer it didn't come to that and Ben stops being a stubborn ******* but if he doesn't hes getting what he deserves.
                    I don't even want to watch the game on Sundayafter he said Flowers will absolutely is still LT
                    He'll change it. he has no choice to.
                    Flowers is so bad he wont even put his hands on a defender until he's past him.

Honestly, at least get a holding call so I know youre not actively trying to get our QB killed....
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

There was also a blurb from Ed McCaffrey where he slammed McAdoo for blaming Eli...said that's the kind of thing that leads to a mutiny like in 92 when the team turned it's back on Handley.....

You can't control what someone brings on themselves. And given how poorly this team is prepared, the sooner changes come the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

You can't control what someone brings on themselves. And given how poorly this team is prepared, the sooner changes come the better.
                        I always thought that in the later TC years, that he lost the team....it's not that they disrespected him, but that silently didn't buy in to his possibly outdated philosopies/style.

But this.....this is just McAdoo ignorance and stubbornness.....people are just going to straight up hate him.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Hey I heard that Chris Jericho is organizing week long cruises with old school wrestlers. I'll see if I can get you the deets. It's sure to be a huge homoerotic sausagefest.

When it's over I trust they will burn the boat.

Comment

I always thought that in the later TC years, that he lost the team....it's not that they disrespected him, but that silently didn't buy in to his possibly outdated philosopies/style.

But this.....this is just McAdoo ignorance and stubbornness.....people are just going to straight up hate him.

Yeah, I think it will be much quicker if he doesn't change quickly....maybe Handleyesque.

The D is bound to check out soon when they can clearly see he is the primary reason they are spending all their time on the field and losing games.

Comment

Hey I heard that Chris Jericho is organizing week long cruises with old school wrestlers. I'll see if I can get you the deets. It's sure to be a huge homoerotic sausagefest.

When it's over I trust they will burn the boat.
                              lmao
                              Chris Jericho.....DRINK IT IN MAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

Lead singer of the worst band in the history of music; Fozzy
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yeah, I think it will be much quicker if he doesn't change quickly....maybe Handleyesque.

The D is bound to check out soon when they can clearly see he is the primary reason they are spending all their time on the field and losing games.
                                hate to say it...but as a young player, are you going to side with the 2nd year coach of a losing team....orrrrr 2x SB champ Eli?

edit - this is solely to say that McAdoo is creating his own ill will
                                Last edited by JPizzack; 09-20-2017, 11:25 AM.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X