• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Done!
    Thanks!

Jenn, you're dead to me now.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Mcadoos first year as offensive coordinator has been his only good year, it wasn't his offense. It was a mixture of Toms and his.
      You didnt answer a single question I asked.
      Are you saying BB could win with those teams? haha ok buddy.
      Maybe not super bowls, but he would have made the play-offs with those teams. BB's success is his adaptability. He works and changes what he does both offensively and defensively to match the skills of the players he has rather than try to match the players he has to some fixed system he wants to run. This is a unique ability and leads to his continued success and his team's ability to compete year after year. Some coaches have shown the ability to do this is small ways, but not to the level of BB, who has shown his ability to adapt within a game not just schematically. I believe that you give any coach the exact same group of players and BB will win more games with them than anyone else. Players look better under BB than they do when they leave because he doesn't ask anyone to do things that they can't do well. He doen't make them better players, he doesn't bother because that will just help the next team they join.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Maybe not super bowls, but he would have made the play-offs with those teams. BB's success is his adaptability. He works and changes what he does both offensively and defensively to match the skills of the players he has rather than try to match the players he has to some fixed system he wants to run. This is a unique ability and leads to his continued success and his team's ability to compete year after year. Some coaches have shown the ability to do this is small ways, but not to the level of BB, who has shown his ability to adapt within a game not just schematically. I believe that you give any coach the exact same group of players and BB will win more games with them than anyone else. Players look better under BB than they do when they leave because he doesn't ask anyone to do things that they can't do well. He doen't make them better players, he doesn't bother because that will just help the next team they join.
        lol this mirrors what I said lol
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Because I only link to this thread here now, the rest of the site is useless to me.
          we need you step up Jen , we need your help in there ! the nuts are taking over !!

Comment

We have another 2 years of this ****. I can feel it. It's a shame when we have good defense. Its like its wasted.
            Jesus lets hope somebody wakes up Dezz ...

Comment

This is Pizzles go to line. Tom couldn't win with **** players but BB(arguably the best coach ever) can. Well never know nor do I care because it never happened nor will it.

I'll say it again. The only time Ben had a productive offense was when Tom was here. Pizz couldn't retort so he throws BB name in the mix.
              Classic Pizzlebutt.

Comment

His defensive game plan against Buff in the SB25 is in the hall of fame. Brilliant. He really is the best.
                Back in '11 we had Perry Fewell playing a zone in the secondary and the guys were absolutely terrible in it. With about 4 games left they beseeched him go to MTM and as soon as we did they played great from then through the SB win.
                Like you say... some guys just can't hack zones or certain responsibilities. Landon Collins was horrible at covering receivers in his rookie year, but worked at it and improved nicely. Belichik only wants guys that have some intelligence and are willing to study hard and practice hard to make his schemes work. He looks for a certain type of player... it's not all about raw talent... which may be why they took a flyer on Brady way back when... he is intelligent and works hard.

Comment

Thanks for posting in my thread!

Now I like you again.
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• I've said this many times over the years... All the expert OC's on the sidelines should stfu and just let Eli call his own game.
                    He has proven, year after year that when he has to go into no huddle mode he calles good plays. He has the pulse of the team way better than some farts sitting in a booth or standing at field level just observing. They can always send someone in to bring in advice, and also school him between possessions with pics on how the opposing D is reacting to certain formations.
                    If Eli retired today I would absolutely hire him as my team's OC. McAdoo sucks and he obviously has little faith in Sullivan, so give it to Eli for a game and see what he can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                      I've said this many times over the years... All the expert OC's on the sidelines should stfu and just let Eli call his own game.
                      He has proven, year after year that when he has to go into no huddle mode he calles good plays. He has the pulse of the team way better than some farts sitting in a booth or standing at field level just observing. They can always send someone in to bring in advice, and also school him between possessions with pics on how the opposing D is reacting to certain formations.
                      If Eli retired today I would absolutely hire him as my team's OC. McAdoo sucks and he obviously has little faith in Sullivan, so give it to Eli for a game and see what he can do.
                      Ya know....we haven't seen much of our no-huddle as of late. Stafford used it against us with decent results. We should definitely be pushing that on middling defenses.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Thanks!

Jenn, you're dead to me now.
                        ME!?

What a wasted effort finding that thread. I think that question is best used as a concussion protocol test.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

lol this mirrors what I said lol
                          yes, well I was slower to type than you were

Comment

This is Pizzles go to line. Tom couldn't win with **** players but BB(arguably the best coach ever) can. Well never know nor do I care because it never happened nor will it.

I'll say it again. The only time Ben had a productive offense was when Tom was here. Pizz couldn't retort so he throws BB name in the mix.
                            Classic Pizzlebutt.
                            Your response is incoherent.

Comment

Classic Pizzlebutt.
                              No...it's my go-to to point out that there are much better coaches that Tom Coughlin who would have been held to a higher standard than the Giants held TC to in his last few seasons.
                              The NFL is a business, and so are the teams essentially. You can't run on nostalgia along with hopes, dreams and warm feelings. Don't win and youre out!!!! Simple!!!
                              What if it subsequent seasons, we kept TC and then Eli got hurt in week 1, and we went 3-13? What if the next year we lose ODB and Snack, and Jenkins for the whole year and go 4-12?
                              You think the Giants go "Well...it's not really fair to him....MAYBE we woulda been good?!"
                              Stop blaming injuries for EVERYTHING

I keep bringing up BB, because time and time again, it didn't matter who they had on the team....theyve WON. Even without the best QB ever. So, yea...pretty good example.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Your response is incoherent.
                                Mr Desmond......
                                What you just said was one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, was there anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
                                I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X