This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I agree they should have let Manning test the market. He likely would have gone but for the life of me I do not get how you sign him for a big extension and then do not provide the resources he needs. It's so mind numbingly stupid that one usually finds that kind of thing only in very large corporations.

Or the government.

Comment

I agree they should have let Manning test the market. He likely would have gone but for the life of me I do not get how you sign him for a big extension and then do not provide the resources he needs. It's so mind numbingly stupid that one usually finds that kind of thing only in very large corporations.

Or the government.
      Thanks for the response Sarc .. I just reread what I posted and I have to start re-reading before I hit post christ I left words out didn't finish words and had poor punctuation.. my apologies to you and everyone, I will try to do better in the future ..

I'm with your thinking , management has made some gd dumb moves over the last few years that have snowballed out to this frigin mess...

Comment

• maybe a dumb question but I've been thinking I haven't seen Eli in shotgun very often .... is this something Mac's system doesn't use much , or is it me not noticing ?

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post

Thanks for the response Sarc .. I just reread what I posted and I have to start re-reading before I hit post christ I left words out didn't finish words and had poor punctuation.. my apologies to you and everyone, I will try to do better in the future ..

I'm with your thinking , management has made some gd dumb moves over the last few years that have snowballed out to this frigin mess...
          You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, Byron.

Comment

Or the government.
            especially considering he's restructured multiple times, taking a huge signing bonus in order to forgo massive yearly earnings...he basically GAVE the team extra cap money on a yearly basis.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post

and even despite that, it was more coherent than a post from Dezz
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

and even despite that, it was more coherent than a post from Dezz
                "meeeh, Im Pizzle, I can't back up my own statement with facts so I try and change the subject, mehhhhh"

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

"meeeh, Im Pizzle, I can't back up my own statement with facts so I try and change the subject, mehhhhh"
                  lol you're a broken record.

What facts have you provided? Besides the simple fact that you love TC "just b'cuz"
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• B... my memory tells me that Eli is in shotgun about 80-90% of the time. Someone else might remember better.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

lol you're a broken record.

What facts have you provided? Besides the simple fact that you love TC "just b'cuz"
                      Guy, you still can't answer, what has changed from 2011 until now that made Toms "philosophy/style outdated"?

Comment

That's funny. I've met JP many times (although he did blow off my invitation to the end of summer party last weekend so he's dead to me now) and he does say "meeh" and "mehhhhh" at the beginning and ending of every sentence.

It's an odd affectation.

Comment

That's funny. I've met JP many times (although he did blow off my invitation to the end of summer party last weekend so he's dead to me now) and he does say "meeh" and "mehhhhh" at the beginning and ending of every sentence.

It's an odd affectation.
                          Yea I thought I nailed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                            B... my memory tells me that Eli is in shotgun about 80-90% of the time. Someone else might remember better.
                            Thanks Zim getting old I guess.. probably its one of them things that Eli has been doing forever it just didn't register last week.. lol did they win last week ?? lol

Comment

Guy, you still can't answer, what has changed from 2011 until now that made Toms "philosophy/style outdated"?
                              I think the complexity of the offensive scheme made it difficult to properly teach in the limited practice time. So the time they had was teaching assignments and scheme and not improving players skills. This, I think is part of the reason why few players improved their individual skills under TC's coaching staff particular in later years more so than early on. So you have a complex offensive scheme which increases the time before new players can be helpful, high roster turnover in today's NFL, lack of practice time to teach and players not improving their individual skills. Seems like TC was hindered from the get go and was why his teams were so inconsistent. The Super Bowl wins were amazing, but lets not pretend those were dominent teams those two seasons. Coughlin was coaching with his hands tied from the jump and it only got worse over time. He often needed to step out of his coaching comfort zone and eventually the rules became too much a hinderence to his methods to continue to be successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I think the complexity of the offensive scheme made it difficult to properly teach in the limited practice time. So the time they had was teaching assignments and scheme and not improving players skills. This, I think is part of the reason why few players improved their individual skills under TC's coaching staff particular in later years more so than early on. So you have a complex offensive scheme which increases the time before new players can be helpful, high roster turnover in today's NFL, lack of practice time to teach and players not improving their individual skills. Seems like TC was hindered from the get go and was why his teams were so inconsistent. The Super Bowl wins were amazing, but lets not pretend those were dominent teams those two seasons. Coughlin was coaching with his hands tied from the jump and it only got worse over time. He often needed to step out of his coaching comfort zone and eventually the rules became too much a hinderence to his methods to continue to be successful.
                                So why was his last year Bens most successful if that was the case? Eli had his best year statistically.
                                I guess you're right in the sense that he didn't have enough time to teach backups because of all the injuries sustained in his last 2 years but its not like the talent was there. Those teams were probably the least talented teams we had in 10-15 years.
                                I dont think there is any proof that new rules hindered his coaching ability. It was lack of talent and injuries.

Comment

Working...
                                X