Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend of mine posted this thought on Facebook, and I don't know where to post it... so, I'll throw it out there on the THEE pages.
    THE BLUE ANGELS SHOULD BOYCOTT THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR.
    I agree 100%.
    The initial point has been lost, now that Trump had to open his mouth and hurt their little boy, millionaire feelings.
    But, he is right.
    The initial point that Kaepernik started had no relationship to the NFL. But,, he had a point important to him, and probably millions of others.
    He has every right to protest... in a park... on the street... But, not inside the walls of his employer who has absolutely nothing to do with the original complaint. If you have a complaint about the way that a certain people are treated, do you have the right to manifest that protest inside the walls of your employer, or anywhere on your employer's property.
    I don't believe so.
    Our military people serve us, and our flag without complaint, for a peanuts salary. They serve us and that flag. More than anything it represents the servicemen of our country who served in all prior wars so that we could retain our freedoms... and, freedom of speech.
    But, you have no right to voice your complaints in your employer's house, and at a time they are paying you for your work, especially when the employer has no bearing on your complaint.
    That serviceman and the Color Guard at the National Anthem at the Philly game would have made me proud to refuse performing the National Anthem until they have the respect of all present. The players at the game in London, who kneeled during our National Anthem, were standing for the Anthem of Great Britain. Using the NFL as their forum to complain about a social problem unrelated to the NFL.is not right.

Comment

• edit - I hate politics.
      Last edited by JPizzack; 09-24-2017, 07:32 PM.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Yep
        Wouldn't it be easier to just list the days when the boards aren't ****ed up?

Comment

• Well now that the season is over I'll probably just post here occasionally to let you all know how my rock collection is coming along.
          so far I've got a round shiny one and a brown square one.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Yea I think I'm done with football this season
            33.3333% because Giants are 0-3
            33.3333% because I haven't been into it this season
            33.3333% because I think many of the players are ****ing morons.

Comment

Possible. Maybe you just hate men.
              Ummm...no, not at all.

On a related note, I saw "The Red Pill" a documentary by Cassie Jaye this weekend. Excellent and interesting. Not sure if any of you are interested in human rights documentaries, but I highly recommend seeing this one regardless of you political and social leanings. Provided you can do so with an open mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Wouldn't it be easier to just list the days when the boards aren't ****ed up?
                Yep

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                  A friend of mine posted this thought on Facebook, and I don't know where to post it... so, I'll throw it out there on the THEE pages.
                  THE BLUE ANGELS SHOULD BOYCOTT THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR.
                  I agree 100%.
                  The initial point has been lost, now that Trump had to open his mouth and hurt their little boy, millionaire feelings.
                  But, he is right.
                  The initial point that Kaepernik started had no relationship to the NFL. But,, he had a point important to him, and probably millions of others.
                  He has every right to protest... in a park... on the street... But, not inside the walls of his employer who has absolutely nothing to do with the original complaint. If you have a complaint about the way that a certain people are treated, do you have the right to manifest that protest inside the walls of your employer, or anywhere on your employer's property.
                  I don't believe so.
                  Our military people serve us, and our flag without complaint, for a peanuts salary. They serve us and that flag. More than anything it represents the servicemen of our country who served in all prior wars so that we could retain our freedoms... and, freedom of speech.
                  But, you have no right to voice your complaints in your employer's house, and at a time they are paying you for your work, especially when the employer has no bearing on your complaint.
                  That serviceman and the Color Guard at the National Anthem at the Philly game would have made me proud to refuse performing the National Anthem until they have the respect of all present. The players at the game in London, who kneeled during our National Anthem, were standing for the Anthem of Great Britain. Using the NFL as their forum to complain about a social problem unrelated to the NFL.is not right.
                  It is shameful how some of these players are behaving.

Comment

• This guys the man.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/steeler...nthem-protest/

Comment

• end of week 3, and I'm wondering who our top 5 pick will be in the 2018 draft....
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        end of week 3, and I'm wondering who our top 5 pick will be in the 2018 draft....
                        Im wondering how far the Yanks can get in the playoffs.

Comment

• Im wondering if Mara will show some balls and fire Ben and Jerry.

Comment

Possible. Maybe you just hate men.
                            lol... I think if Jenn hated men she wouldn't waste her time with us jerks.
                            No, she doesn't hate men... I think men are a bit of continuing 'entertainment', kinda like the entertainment of that couple she mentioned that Beth invited over... only we're on paper, and out of reach... not live.

If Jenn could bottle each of us, and shake the jars every day, and poke at us now and then, her curiosity and amusement level would be eminently satisfied.
                            It all brings a smile to me and is a reason why I would love to have a few drinks and fun conversation with her. She is totally unique, intelligent, and intriguing, and if I were 35-40 all over again she would be a welcome challenge to enjoy a friendship with..
                            Jenn is never boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Jenn is never boring.
                              I know a pretty blonde school teacher that would disagree with you on that.

Comment

• In case anyone missed my question earlier, has anyone else seen "The Red Pill" by Cassie Jaye?

Comment

Working...
                                X