This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Odell ripped that celebration off from FIFA.
    did he?! man I haven't played that game in forever. I loved it though.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• He should do the one where he pulls his jersey over his head, runs as fast as he can, and slides to his knees across the wet turf.....

Ok, that might be a little bit TOO soccer...
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Between the anthem kneeling, the Odell urinating, and the loss, MH probably jumped off a roof last night.
        I'm just catching up, after being away all last week. Did I read that some entire teams (Steelers?) did not even come out to the field for the Anthem?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Odell ripped that celebration off from FIFA.
          More like FIDO. Complete disgrace.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I'm just catching up, after being away all last week. Did I read that some entire teams (Steelers?) did not even come out to the field for the Anthem?
            I didn't really watch the recaps, but I think a few teams did that.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

I didn't really watch the recaps, but I think a few teams did that.
              Do you still support these type actions?

Comment

Steelers and Titans

Comment

Which actions are you referring to? not being present for the national anthem?
                  You know that wasn't even a thing in the NFL until 10 years ago, right?

I understand that I apparently have very different view points than other people, in respect to things like protest, responsibility of entertainers/celebrity, and moral values, flag vs military vs national anthem, etc, etc.....so we don't have to discuss it if you prefer.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

that's true...BUUUTTTTT.....
                    There's a really good chance McAdoo didn't see that. in the stadium they NEVER show anything important on the screens.
                    Close plays, ugly plays, reviews, dirty hits...nothing.(seriously; it's the ****ing worst being there in person)

I think the commentators even made mention that they don't think BM saw either of the celebrations because of field position/lack of jumbotron video, etc.

Yea, it's all kinda dumb, but....I miss when we used to look forward to the sunday night recap shows showing all the TD celebrations, brutal hits etc....
                    **** done chaaaanged!
                    Good point.
                    But, a 15 yarder that hurts the team should be revisited by a coach at least the next day if he didn't see it the first time, and take a minute to talk to the guy... although they did show Mac talking to Odell about 5 minutes after the play.
                    I wanted to like Mac, but I don't think he's ready yet to manage the whole show. If they thought he had potential to be a HC, they should have kept him at OC and hired another coach, and keep an eye on their rising star to see if he IS the real deal. One year at OC under TC and he is suddenly HC?. Just like Spags... not readyy to handle all of it.

Comment

No sane, rational person can support the actions of these players. It is both inappropriate and self defeating. If they are doing it for some cause, the cause will only be hurt by the actions of the small minded. Their cause is a ******** cause based on complete and utter nonsense and does nothing to actually help but causes more divisiveness. The whole premise was cooked up on false evidence and misrepresentation of facts and has done nothing but set back the clock and further divide people. I can not tell you how much stupidity of this magnitude pisses me off. This false narrative being accepted and supported by the main stream media just shows their lack of integrity in searching through the actual facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Steelers and Titans
                        If the NFL doesn't put a stop to this, I will likely stop watching the sport altogether.

Comment

I understand that I apparently have very different view points than other people, in respect to things like protest, responsibility of entertainers/celebrity, and moral values, flag vs military vs national anthem, etc, etc.....so we don't have to discuss it if you prefer.
                          Quite a few people seem to share your viewpoint. We should be discussing these matters, is supposedly the point of all this. I'm not following all the Unity talk, though. This country and respect for those who put their lives at risk for us, should come before some groups' perceptions of how they are treated.

Comment

Good point.
                            But, a 15 yarder that hurts the team should be revisited by a coach at least the next day if he didn't see it the first time, and take a minute to talk to the guy... although they did show Mac talking to Odell about 5 minutes after the play.
                            I wanted to like Mac, but I don't think he's ready yet to manage the whole show. If they thought he had potential to be a HC, they should have kept him at OC and hired another coach, and keep an eye on their rising star to see if he IS the real deal. One year at OC under TC and he is suddenly HC?. Just like Spags... not readyy to handle all of it.
                            I don't disagree with any of it. I'm sure they'll mellow out Engram REAL quick....
                            Beckham though, he's been given way too much slack for all 4 years. There's no way you can just now start molding him. They ****ed up
                            (personally, it doesn't bother me that much. Football is just my hobby)
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

They can protest whatever they want on their own time. Unless their employer is asking them to take up these actions, they are 100% in the wrong in doing so while on the clock and wearing the uniform of their employer. Even if you agree with their support of this cause, you cannot agree with their approach. If they want to protest doing the game...resign from the team, buy a ticket and do it from the stands. Try doing a political protest while you are at work, see how long you stay employed.

Comment

Good point.
                                I was surprised a long time ago, when I learned that a few of my old school class clowns went to big name colleges and became big names in local politics. They didn't have to adhere to rules or concern themselves with how their actions held the rest of the class back, due to their popularity and abilities.

This team looks so unfocused in many areas, it seems like a disruptive clown or two is in amongst them.

Comment

Working...
                                X