This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Odell tweeted his peeing celebration was a shot at Trump.
    Someone to tell that idiot that nobody cares what is political position is while watching a football game.

Comment

• Maybe if this team puts as much effort into improving their game as they do their poitical protests, they wouldn't be 0-3.

Comment

• Every day I walk into the office, I can feel my eyes burning. The ventilation is so ****ed here. Probably hasn't been cleaned out since the building was first built. There's likely massive amounts of dust just being constantly churned around this place, each day making my allergies worse lol
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• How exactly was Odell's dog peeing a shot at Trump?

I get what Trump said about the protesters and the players reactions, but I don't see a direct connection.

If Odell pulled out a pic of Trump and pretend peed on it then I would get it.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• I find it kinda funny that in the last 5 presidential elections the Republican party won the popular vote only once, but won 3 of the 5 elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              I find it kinda funny that in the last 5 presidential elections the Republican party won the popular vote only once, but won 3 of the 5 elections.
              Ain't American politics the best?! THE SYSTEM WORKS!!!!
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Ain't American politics the best?! THE SYSTEM WORKS!!!!
                Yes, the system does work. Year after year the % of vote to each party remains within one standard deviation, with few exceptions and yet the results of basically the same votes varies. Which is pretty much what the intention of the electoral college was created to do. Take the actual voting power away from the uneducated populous. Agree or disagree with the purpose, but you have to admit it is working as intended. Probably the last thing the federal government ever did that was so well thought out and effective.

Comment

Yes, the system does work. Year after year the % of vote to each party remains within one standard deviation, with few exceptions and yet the results of basically the same votes varies. Which is pretty much what the intention of the electoral college was created to do. Take the actual voting power away from the uneducated populous. Agree or disagree with the purpose, but you have to admit it is working as intended. Probably the last thing the federal government ever did that was so well thought out and effective.
                  It was never more apparent than when Trump won 30 of 50 states, but lost the popular vote due to the mostly Liberal big city's votes.
                  The electoral college votes of those 30 states trumped Hillary.

Comment

• 19 times a president won the election receiving less than 50% of the vote.....how many can you name (Bonus points if you can figure out who wone with the lowest percetage of 30.92% of the popular vote)

A little easier: Name the 5 who won despite receiving fewer popular votes than the 2nd place finisher.

Bonus points in this round, name the president who won by the slimmest margin only 1,898 votes.

Comment

• In a system where only the swing states matter to an election, you can't tell me it's a good system. We mays as well just hold the election in those 12 states.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

In a system where only the swing states matter to an election, you can't tell me it's a good system. We mays as well just hold the election in those 12 states.
                        When did I say it was a good system? I just said the system is working as intended.

Comment

• Anyone else see that the AfD now has 13.3% of the seats in Germany after this week's election?

Comment

In a system where only the swing states matter to an election, you can't tell me it's a good system. We mays as well just hold the election in those 12 states.
                            HA! Stop your crying, you libs own NY and Cali, the two biggest states. Instead of blaming the electoral college and Ivan, blame your party for putting out a terrible candidate that never had a clear message.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

HA! Stop your crying, you libs own NY and Cali, the two biggest states. Instead of blaming the electoral college and Ivan, blame your party for putting out a terrible candidate that never had a clear message.
                              Oh, so you mean, every time when dems win the office, and the conservatives say it's unfair that so many populace areas are liberal? **** off dez, you have no idea what youre talking about.
                              The electoral college is in place to prevent a dem from being in office every single election, because that's exactly what would happen lol.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Anyone else see that the AfD now has 13.3% of the seats in Germany after this week's election?
                                I know you know, jm, but for the others, the AfD is based strongly on anti-immigration... and their party has been making steady moves into the German government and is now their 3rd largest party. Very strongly right wing.

Comment

Working...
                                X