• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    Zzzzzzzz........

You guys are b-o-r-i-n-g
    See, I told you Zim. I am very boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      Every day I walk into the office, I can feel my eyes burning. The ventilation is so ****ed here. Probably hasn't been cleaned out since the building was first built. There's likely massive amounts of dust just being constantly churned around this place, each day making my allergies worse lol
      Massive amounts of dust? Hope there isn't massive amounts of mold brewing in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        On a related note, anyone want to take a guess at which president won by the most votes in election history? A whopping 17,995,488 popular votes more than his oponent?

Hint...Republican
        Had to be Nixon over McGovern or Reagan over Mondale.

Comment

19 times a president won the election receiving less than 50% of the vote.....how many can you name (Bonus points if you can figure out who wone with the lowest percetage of 30.92% of the popular vote)

A little easier: Name the 5 who won despite receiving fewer popular votes than the 2nd place finisher.

Bonus points in this round, name the president who won by the slimmest margin only 1,898 votes.
          OK... Trump and George W. Bush are two, but the others have to be way earlier cuz I can't remember any Pres since Eisenhower that had less. besides those two.

Comment

• Ok let's play this game:

If you could have any president from the last 40 years back in office to replace Trump, who would you choose and why?

Carter
            Reagan
            Bush 1
            Clinton
            Bush 2
            Obama

BTW that's six (6) guys as President in 40 years. That's 6.66 years each on average.

A sign perhaps? 666?

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

OK... Trump and George W. Bush are two, but the others have to be way earlier cuz I can't remember any Pres since Eisenhower that had less. besides those two.
              Sorry,Jenn... answered this before looking at the answerson the previouspage.
              Anyways, this ain't boring to me. Good stuff.

here's one... On harry S. Truman's last day as President in January, 1953, what did he do?

Comment

Ok let's play this game:

If you could have any president from the last 40 years back in office to replace Trump, who would you choose and why?

Carter
                Reagan
                Bush 1
                Clinton
                Bush 2
                Obama

BTW that's six (6) guys as President in 40 years. That's 6.66 years each on average.

A sign perhaps? 666?

See, Joe... if you want to make things less boring, you gots to lead the way.
                As to my choice...
                That's like asking who I like better... Philly or Dallas.
                My first choice would be Carter, because he was the most honest. But, he got zero cooperation from his own party cuz he was a Washington outsider.
                Then, I'd choose Reagan before he was senile.
                Bill would have been my first choice but he and Hillary are running a most corrupt foundation.
                Bush 2 was useless, and he and daddy made all decisions based on what was best for their massive family oil reserves. The evil doer? God, spare me the pain of hearing GB2 say that 60 times in his 'attack Iraq' justification speech.
                I kinda thought Barry was a snake oil salesman, and he never helped race relations. In fact, he set them back with his, "Trevon Martin could have been my son.' statement.
                Anyone before Lyndon Johnson would definitely be better.

Comment

In case anyone missed my question earlier, has anyone else seen "The Red Pill" by Cassie Jaye?
                  I have not.

Comment

I don't see how a player not being present/standing for a national anthem is in any way a protest against the U.S. military. That's never once been stated by anyone other than those creating that narrative, trying to perpetuate it as the truth.
                    Fact of the matter is, it's not the aim. Never was. If people view it that way, I'm sorry, but that's there problem.

Do I think this is the right venue to demonstrate? No...in fact it's most likely being wasted, falling on deaf ears anyway. But I've become pretty tired of people trying to insinuate everything is so anti-military, and that the people who fight for freedom of speech are being disrespected. Soooooo, like....can you only demonstrate your freedom of speech when it's convenient for everyone? Does freedom of speech require a pre-planned jury of public opinion to approve it's use? I don't know...it all seems super hypocritical.

I typed out all this stuff yesterday, but ended up just editing it out because I don't feel l this is a great place for it, but, I'll end with this:

I come from a military family. My grandfather was in the Army Corps of Engineers, a part of the European Theater of Operations in WW2...My other grandfather was an Air Force Pilot during the Korean War...my uncle was a Marine Cpl grunt in Vietnam.....my 30yr old cousin is a retired Master Sgt in the Marine Corps, 3 tours of Iraq, 2 in Afghanistan, including 2 stop loss orders....don't get me started on that...
                    My family has always had someone in the military...always....I understand respect. I understand service duty and honor. It's ingrained in what I know as right.

That said...the following:
                    -Military
                    -Flag
                    -National Anthem
                    -Patriotism
                    -Protest
                    ...ARE NOT mutually exclusive concepts.

They just aren't. You can't cherry pick what you want to see/hear. That's now how **** works.
                    a narrative is being created to turn what is honestly, a half-assed protest idea, into something that is insanely un-American, and that seems a bit mad to me.

These guys think by using their public image to make a stance against something they think is unacceptable in our country, theyre making a difference. They probably aren't...but they can think that. in 2017 America, there's a LOT to be upset with. I'm not about to tell people what they can and can't say about it.
                    I think I'm in love.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Im debating if I should buy the Mypillow. Some mornings I wake up with a annoying pain right behind my ear, right where the neck meets the skull, which makes me feel kind of queasy as the day goes on. Friggin 50 bucks though. I think Sarc said he has it and wasn't too impressed.
                      Correct. It did nothing for me.

I bought a tempurpedic pillow now that cost a friggin fortune, but it's better.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

I know you know, jm, but for the others, the AfD is based strongly on anti-immigration... and their party has been making steady moves into the German government and is now their 3rd largest party. Very strongly right wing.
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fFrcl6VGrDQ

Comment

Ok let's play this game:

Carter
                          Reagan
                          Bush 1
                          Clinton
                          Bush 2
                          Obama

A sign perhaps? 666?
                          Clinton or Reagan.

Didnt like either for many reasons, but both were generally effective presidents.

I am convinced that one needs to be kind of a crappy person to be a good president. Carter was a genuinely good person, imo. He had no chance in Washington; he was in the wrong job.

sarcasman, all caught up
                          Last edited by Sarcasman; 09-27-2017, 12:01 AM.

Comment

How exactly was Odell's dog peeing a shot at Trump?

I get what Trump said about the protesters and the players reactions, but I don't see a direct connection.

If Odell pulled out a pic of Trump and pretend peed on it then I would get it.
                            I don't think he actually claimed this. A reporter or someone tweeted that was his intention, and he jumped in and said that was a good interpretation. Sure is an easy way to deflect criticism for his act - anything against Trump is a real crowd pleaser.

It was an obvious act of disrespect for the other team and it's fans. Maybe to spark his team, more likely to garner more attention to his "individualism".

Comment

Every day I walk into the office, I can feel my eyes burning. The ventilation is so ****ed here. Probably hasn't been cleaned out since the building was first built. There's likely massive amounts of dust just being constantly churned around this place, each day making my allergies worse lol
                              The only time air handler units are serviced at my place, is when there's a new hire that's al gung ho at first - or when someone higher than my boss makes waves about it. We've had huge fan wheels actually fly apart from the negative pressure created from the clogged filters. Just convince one of your more vocal females there that you're all getting sick from it, and let her do the rest. A good duct cleaning and charcoal imbedded filters will come shortly after.

Comment

• I just cleaned the AC's in my house (window units) for the 4th time this summer.....lots of junk in the filters and vents.....more so than other years
                                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                                "No...I didn't."
                                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Working...
                                X