This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Sorry,Jenn... answered this before looking at the answerson the previouspage.
    Anyways, this ain't boring to me. Good stuff.

here's one... On harry S. Truman's last day as President in January, 1953, what did he do?
    Not sure, but I know Eisenhower was not happy with Truman for recalling his son from Korea to be at his innauguration. Felt it was an attempt to embarass Eisenhower by showing preferential treatment during the war. Truman maintained the only motivation was he felt it was an important day and Eisenhower's family should be there for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I have not.
      Good stuff, worth watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Correct. It did nothing for me.

I bought a tempurpedic pillow now that cost a friggin fortune, but it's better.
        I am of the opinion that the best pillow is the arm of the person next to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Not sure, but I know Eisenhower was not happy with Truman for recalling his son from Korea to be at his innauguration. Felt it was an attempt to embarass Eisenhower by showing preferential treatment during the war. Truman maintained the only motivation was he felt it was an important day and Eisenhower's family should be there for it.
          amazing how viewpoints differ.They were both good for our country, and President/General Eisenhower was at the forefront of warning about the perils of the military industrial complex. Our military budge has increased dramatically since then. It has increased every single year for over 4 decades, except for one year under Obama.
          Trump recommended a $48 billion increase this year and Congress voted to grant 84 billion.
          Madness. It is approaching a trillion a year.

Comment

He and Bess Truman packed there stuff into their car and drove home to Missouri, totally alone and unaccompanied by SS.

Comment

Or their tushy, depending on who it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Yup. Most male bosses will follow up on female worker's concerns, without labeling them as PITAs, like they would if a male worker complained.
                Really wish I could argue this, but that would be dishonest.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Or their tushy, depending on who it is.
                  I like having someone behind me to lean back on while I sleep. Very comfortable, we have a large bed but occupy very little space in it while asleep.

Comment

Coooorny

I could never sleep like that because I was always toss and turn. Plus the long hair is always in your face...

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Coooorny

I could never sleep like that because I was always toss and turn. Plus the long hair is always in your face...
                      I am told that I sleep like I am dead. And I can sleep through just about anything, difficult to awaken once asleep.

Funny story, kinda. There was a fire in my dorm my first semester, I joined late so I ended up with a room to myself. Alarms, fire trucks, hoses, everything. I was told about it the next day at breakfast when I asked everone why they looked so tired. I slept through the whole thing.

Comment

Really wish I could argue this, but that would be dishonest.
                        hahaha... I agree with jenn. men bosses think women are total complainers and PITAs, and a man worker has a problem he needs to discuss. It's just a fact., I've worked with many 'bosses' over the last 60 years, and I am one.... they all roll their eyes when a woman wants to speak to them.
                        Last edited by zimonami; 09-27-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Good stuff, worth watching.
                            I will

Comment

• quiet today

Comment

quiet today
                                peep

Comment

Working...