Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the football card thread and its 14 responses in over a month a sticky thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Hmm....
      I think either way it accomplishes my goal
      Well, if you go with the wood chipper, I'll bring some tarps for the spectators. Maybe we can book Gallaghar for the after party?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        Why is the football card thread and its 14 responses in over a month a sticky thread?
        No idea....I find it particularly amusing that it was started by a guy who just last week said he was no longer a fan of the Giants....so....there's that....
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

No idea....I find it particularly amusing that it was started by a guy who just last week said he was no longer a fan of the Giants....so....there's that....

I can't criticize him for that choice. Personally, IDC about what political stance the players are taking, I don't want my football games politicized. The league needs to put a stop to this. I may stop watching altogether soon if it doesn't stop. The game should be about football and football only.

Comment

• The NFL really does need to do something about this. Of the fans that claim they have stopped watching football, 69% said it was because of the protests or the league becoming political. Of all the people polled 80% of them said they don't like the sport being political. So 80% of their fans don't want to see it. Only a very stupid person would allow this continued behavior by their employees in their private business.

It isn't a free speech question either.

Comment

• All they need to do is stop reporting on it. 90% of the time, they don't show the national anthem on TV....so, it's the networks that are drawing all the attention to it. Certainly not helping their ratings if what youre saying is true.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

All they need to do is stop reporting on it. 90% of the time, they don't show the national anthem on TV....so, it's the networks that are drawing all the attention to it. Certainly not helping their ratings if what youre saying is true.
                Very true, but the fans in the stadiums will still be subject to the unwanted political rally. The networks are all pushing their agenda and these protests fit their narative.

Comment

I can't criticize him for that choice. Personally, IDC about what political stance the players are taking, I don't want my football games politicized. The league needs to put a stop to this. I may stop watching altogether soon if it doesn't stop. The game should be about football and football only.
                  I think they should just stop playing the anthem or keep teams in the locker room. They made their point, whatever the hell it was....time to move on. If they really feel that passionately about whatever it is they're kneeling/sitting for they can put their money where their mouth is. People are tired of hearing/seeing it. I know I am.

Comment

All they need to do is stop reporting on it. 90% of the time, they don't show the national anthem on TV....so, it's the networks that are drawing all the attention to it. Certainly not helping their ratings if what youre saying is true.
                    The media wants the controversy so they have something to report. It was the same thing with the neonazi ******s and the statue. Only 500 show up at first and the media makes it seem like the wehrmacht is marching down our streets. Then the far left/right eat it up.

Comment

Same here I waited till I knew the game had started last week before tuning in to minimize exposure to it all .. How did you break your finger ?

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post

Same here I waited till I knew the game had started last week before tuning in to minimize exposure to it all .. How did you break your finger ?
                        Some idiot kid tried to swipe my purse last night and run off with it and my finger got caught in the ring that connects the strap to the bag when I grabbed for it. Jammed my trench spike through his forearm and kept my purse, but my finger was all crooked. Kid was moving so fast he literally lifted me off my feet when I grabbed the purse and ended up flying right into him. Sometimes being small helps.

Comment

I never realized how much I use my middle finger at work and I don't mean for just sign language either.
                          Speaking of your job - won't this new tax structure, whenever it is finalized, affect how much you're able to do for people? If it's going to be so simplified, wouldn't most individuals not need a preparer (maybe you just do corporate)?
                          I have been waiting to see how it will affect us, tight budget and all... The proposal by Trump before the election sounded like it would be better, we don't qualify or try many deductions. He had proposed 3 brackets of 10, 20 and 25%. Today's paper said the proposal is now 12, 25, 35%. No word on the taxable income levels for each bracket, but now I'm concerned we might fall into the 25% level. I think we're currently in the 15%, but it depends on my overtime, which I'm getting too much of.
                          Do you have any feeling about what taxable income levels will fall into each bracket?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

The media wants the controversy so they have something to report. It was the same thing with the neonazi ******s and the statue. Only 500 show up at first and the media makes it seem like the wehrmacht is marching down our streets. Then the far left/right eat it up.
                            The problem the networks will run into is ratings....
                            CBS, Fox, NBC, and ESPN all play NFL games. IF they do in fact lose viewership, some of that is on their own hands because they are both airing it, and constantly talking about it non-stop.
                            I'd like to think they are smart enough that they wouldn't intentionally sabotage their own programming....but hey.....that would make sense lol
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Speaking of your job - won't this new tax structure, whenever it is finalized, affect how much you're able to do for people? If it's going to be so simplified, wouldn't most individuals not need a preparer (maybe you just do corporate)?
                              I have been waiting to see how it will affect us, tight budget and all... The proposal by Trump before the election sounded like it would be better, we don't qualify or try many deductions. He had proposed 3 brackets of 10, 20 and 25%. Today's paper said the proposal is now 12, 25, 35%. No word on the taxable income levels for each bracket, but now I'm concerned we might fall into the 25% level. I think we're currently in the 15%, but it depends on my overtime, which I'm getting too much of.
                              Do you have any feeling about what taxable income levels will fall into each bracket?
                              I would be surprised if Trump manages to get anything he wants passed. Neither party supports him. That said, for my office it doesn't matter. Personal returns are peanuts anyway and we'd be perfectly happy if people did their own. Accounting firms don't make money on personal returns, we don't even charge for them for our business owners. A few businesses we even do all their employees free.

Comment

• PT day for me... first hurdle was to get me up to 40 min none stop exercise ." they do let me catch my wind in between machines if needed"... today 10 min on the tread mill , 10 min on the bike , 10 min on the arm machine and I finished with 10 min on a peddle machine that also involves using your arms .. don't know what they call it .. Anyhow next is to start slowly increasing resistance .. They tell me I'm making good progress for my first couple of weeks ...

Comment

Working...
                                X