This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I would be surprised if Trump manages to get anything he wants passed. Neither party supports him. That said, for my office it doesn't matter. Personal returns are peanuts anyway and we'd be perfectly happy if people did their own. Accounting firms don't make money on personal returns, we don't even charge for them for our business owners.
    O.K, but let me know if you get any feeling or news about the income levels.

My base salary is currently $52,000, but with the overtime it's probably going to be a little over $75,000. My wife gets disability, maybe $1200 a month. We still have a mortgage. No kids.

Thanks!

Comment

A few businesses we even do all their employees free.
      I'd stop by for a free one, but I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy that spike thing you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

The problem the networks will run into is ratings....
        CBS, Fox, NBC, and ESPN all play NFL games. IF they do in fact lose viewership, some of that is on their own hands because they are both airing it, and constantly talking about it non-stop.
        I'd like to think they are smart enough that they wouldn't intentionally sabotage their own programming....but hey.....that would make sense lol
        I guess that depends on their goal. The TV contracts cost more than the revenue they earn for the network, it is all about being able to promote their own programing when the game is on. If the NFL becomes less popular and people are viewing other things, there will be no need for the networks to take a loss on something people are no longer watching. Make everything political and then everyone wants to follow news programming. So now what drives people to networks is the news, offer the best, most controversial news, bait them in with sensationalism and now you cash cow is driving the business to your network. While the NFL salary cap drops to $40 mill in 2025 and they are getting their games shown on TBS, TNN, FX, ESPN2 and the CW because nobody cares anymore. Networks win and the biggest losers are all the players because their one marketable skill is worth a fraction of what they invested and now they question if bodily damage worth it for $57k a year. Throw in the death of Pop Warner football, High Schools and small colleges killing their football programs due to the liability issues and now the NFL doesn't even have talent funnelling to it.

Or what you said that the networks are dumb................

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
          PT day for me... first hurdle was to get me up to 40 min none stop exercise ." they do let me catch my wind in between machines if needed"... today 10 min on the tread mill , 10 min on the bike , 10 min on the arm machine and I finished with 10 min on a peddle machine that also involves using your arms .. don't know what they call it .. Anyhow next is to start slowly increasing resistance .. They tell me I'm making good progress for my first couple of weeks ...
          I got winded, just reading all that...

Comment

Some idiot kid tried to swipe my purse last night and run off with it and my finger got caught in the ring that connects the strap to the bag when I grabbed for it. Jammed my trench spike through his forearm and kept my purse, but my finger was all crooked. Kid was moving so fast he literally lifted me off my feet when I grabbed the purse and ended up flying right into him. Sometimes being small helps.
            Jesus .. maybe that kid learned something ...don't mess with J-mike !

Comment

PT day for me... first hurdle was to get me up to 40 min none stop exercise ." they do let me catch my wind in between machines if needed"... today 10 min on the tread mill , 10 min on the bike , 10 min on the arm machine and I finished with 10 min on a peddle machine that also involves using your arms .. don't know what they call it .. Anyhow next is to start slowly increasing resistance .. They tell me I'm making good progress for my first couple of weeks ...
              Good luck Byron, recovery from anything sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I'd stop by for a free one, but I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy that spike thing you do.
                Huh?

Comment

I guess that depends on their goal. The TV contracts cost more than the revenue they earn for the network, it is all about being able to promote their own programing when the game is on. If the NFL becomes less popular and people are viewing other things, there will be no need for the networks to take a loss on something people are no longer watching. Make everything political and then everyone wants to follow news programming. So now what drives people to networks is the news, offer the best, most controversial news, bait them in with sensationalism and now you cash cow is driving the business to your network. While the NFL salary cap drops to $40 mill in 2025 and they are getting their games shown on TBS, TNN, FX, ESPN2 and the CW because nobody cares anymore. Networks win and the biggest losers are all the players because their one marketable skill is worth a fraction of what they invested and now they question if bodily damage worth it for $57k a year. Throw in the death of Pop Warner football, High Schools and small colleges killing their football programs due to the liability issues and now the NFL doesn't even have talent funnelling to it.

Or what you said that the networks are dumb................
                  Well, what I was getting at was the networks' ad revenue. that's where the $$ is
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I got winded, just reading all that...
                    lol I was just going to say that....
                    But...I've hung out with Byron....I already know he's in better shape than I am!!
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Jesus .. maybe that kid learned something ...don't mess with J-mike !
                      Or at least how to stitch, I get the feeling he doesn't have health coverage.

Did it on a crowded rush hour sidewalk. Dumb, I guess he figured he'd get lost in the crowds. But his torn up hoodie and baseball cap stood out with mostly business suits on that block and the crowd would have slown him down without hiding him. He would have been smarter to hit me in one of the cross streets or allys I use on my way home where is gets less corporate and more residential. Kid's so dumb, I'd be a better purse theif than him and I was pretty piss poor at it I can tell you.

Comment

Well, what I was getting at was the networks' ad revenue. that's where the $$ is
                        The ad revenue during games is less than the cost of the games to them. Loss leader.

Comment

lol I was just going to say that....
                          But...I've hung out with Byron....I already know he's in better shape than I am!!
                          haha I don't think so ! its really low level resistance as low as the machines can go.. as they level me up its going to get tough I get out of breath really quick .. I'll hit a wall I won't be able get by I'm sure...but this is helping me and something I'm gonna need to keep doing the rest of my life to stay as physically fit as possible squeeze a few more miles out of this old body..

I didn't think this stuff was going to help , but it is and its a good thing... you all gonna have to put up me awhile longer ..lol

Comment

Or at least how to stitch, I get the feeling he doesn't have health coverage.

Did it on a crowded rush hour sidewalk. Dumb, I guess he figured he'd get lost in the crowds. But his torn up hoodie and baseball cap stood out with mostly business suits on that block and the crowd would have slown him down without hiding him. He would have been smarter to hit me in one of the cross streets or allys I use on my way home where is gets less corporate and more residential. Kid's so dumb, I'd be a better purse theif than him and I was pretty piss poor at it I can tell you.
                            Glad you caught him Jen .. not something that happens around here I doubt I'd could live in a big city ...

Comment

haha I don't think so ! its really low level resistance as low as the machines can go.. as they level me up its going to get tough I get out of breath really quick .. I'll hit a wall I won't be able get by I'm sure...but this is helping me and something I'm gonna need to keep doing the rest of my life to stay as physically fit as possible squeeze a few more miles out of this old body..

I didn't think this stuff was going to help , but it is and its a good thing... you all gonna have to put up me awhile longer ..lol
                              Reminds me of the Louis CK bit where he goes to the doctor because of a sore foot/ankle...and he's like(paraphrasing):
                              "Well....yea youre probably going to have to stretch it."
                              "That's it? Just stretch it?
                              "Yep"
                              "Nothing we can do about it?"
                              "Nope. You're just going to have to deal with it....you're just old. This is your life now."
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Reminds me of the Louis CK bit where he goes to the doctor because of a sore foot/ankle...and he's like(paraphrasing):
                                "Well....yea youre probably going to have to stretch it."
                                "That's it? Just stretch it?
                                "Yep"
                                "Nothing we can do about it?"
                                "Nope. You're just going to have to deal with it....you're just old. This is your life now."
                                haha I've had that discussion with several doc's ... it is what it is I ain;t got anything better to do and the scenery is easy on the eyes ....

Comment

Working...
                                X