This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byron View Post
    PT day for me... first hurdle was to get me up to 40 min none stop exercise ." they do let me catch my wind in between machines if needed"... today 10 min on the tread mill , 10 min on the bike , 10 min on the arm machine and I finished with 10 min on a peddle machine that also involves using your arms .. don't know what they call it .. Anyhow next is to start slowly increasing resistance .. They tell me I'm making good progress for my first couple of weeks ...
    It has to be done, and taken seriously. It can be your salvation. Keep at it. Good luck, B

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Some idiot kid tried to swipe my purse last night and run off with it and my finger got caught in the ring that connects the strap to the bag when I grabbed for it. Jammed my trench spike through his forearm and kept my purse, but my finger was all crooked. Kid was moving so fast he literally lifted me off my feet when I grabbed the purse and ended up flying right into him. Sometimes being small helps.
      LOL. WTG, Jenn. I'm sure the spike was only one of several choices you could reach.
      You know the 7P's?
      BAM!
      We're gonna have to call you Mighty Mouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

LOL. WTG, Jenn. I'm sure the spike was only one of several choices you could reach.
        You know the 7P's?
        BAM!
        We're gonna have to call you Mighty Mouse.
        LOL, it was the closest to my hand when I was reaching for something. There was a bunch of stunned looks for a second, guy runs through, flying screaming girl, blood splatter, guy runs off, a stream of obscenities shouted from this little person with a bloody dagger, then everyone just continued on their way like nothing just happened. LOL, effin Philly. People close by are probably just pissed because the cleaner will never get that blood spot out now.

Comment

• Here comes, Dolly Dagger
          Her love so heavy gonna make you stagger
          Dolly Dagger
          She drinks the blood from a jagged edge
          Ah, drink up baby

Comment

LOL, it was the closest to my hand when I was reaching for something. There was a bunch of stunned looks for a second, guy runs through, flying screaming girl, blood splatter, guy runs off, a stream of obscenities shouted from this little person with a bloody dagger, then everyone just continued on their way like nothing just happened. LOL, effin Philly. People close by are probably just pissed because the cleaner will never get that blood spot out now.
            I love the attention and compassion of a city crowd. But, to survive we all do it... everyone is totally disattached. I rode the NYC subways to and from school one year, amazed at how no one made eye contact... they all looked at the advertisement cards along the upper wall, like trained sheep.

Comment

• He scans the crowd... sees his mark. "This little girl will be easy." he thinks, as he moves in.

Hahahahahahahaha.... In that mass of humanity he picked on the only person who was prepared to react effectively, and painfully.

Comment

I love the attention and compassion of a city crowd. But, to survive we all do it... everyone is totally disattached. I rode the NYC subways to and from school one year, amazed at how no one made eye contact... they all looked at the advertisement cards along the upper wall, like trained sheep.
                When I am on a bus, train or plane; I always try to make conversation with somebody there. I find the reactions I get to this interesting, amusing and they vary greatly. I also enjoy standing in elevators with my back to the door and facing everyone else, very amusing to me how people react to that.

Comment

He scans the crowd... sees his mark. "This little girl will be easy." he thinks, as he moves in.

Hahahahahahahaha.... In that mass of humanity he picked on the only person who was prepared to react effectively, and painfully.
                  Yea, its hard though. The world isn't kind and sometimes you have to do things that you might otherwise find distasteful just to survive. The only reason I am able to react effectively is becuse I have been where he is. I hope he finds a way out of whatever mess he is in that has lead him to take such actions.

Comment

I also enjoy standing in elevators with my back to the door and facing everyone else, very amusing to me how people react to that.

"Hey lady, you gonna propose? If not, quit staring."

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

When I am on a bus, train or plane; I always try to make conversation with somebody there. I find the reactions I get to this interesting, amusing and they vary greatly. I also enjoy standing in elevators with my back to the door and facing everyone else, very amusing to me how people react to that.
                      If I faced my elevator mates like that, purposely, I would either turn red from embarrassment from being a silly ***, or laugh and not be able to continue.

Comment

Yea, its hard though. The world isn't kind and sometimes you have to do things that you might otherwise find distasteful just to survive. The only reason I am able to react effectively is becuse I have been where he is. I hope he finds a way out of whatever mess he is in that has lead him to take such actions.
                        Well, that's the other side of the coin that people don't want their minds to dwell on. Only a desperate person resorts to that. I grew up poor, but never desperate. Like my mom always said, we always found a way to get by. But, I worked since I was 11 instead of having to hustle or steal.. Yet, even that doesn't apply because I had a newspaper route and a private golf course a mile away and I could walk there and make good money caddying April to November. I doubt that he has many job prospects, nor the will to commit to a real job.

Comment

• Question, who are your 10 favorite stand up comics to watch?

For me, Robin Williams and George Carlin are by far the funniest. After them, in no particular order; Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, Rodney Dangerfield, Eddie Murphy, Andy Kaufman, Steve Martin, Dennis Leary and Don Rickles. I'm sure I am forgetting more than a few good ones, but those are the 10 that I will continually look up old videos when I need a laugh.

I also recommend looking up old Carol Burnett Show re-runs when you need a laugh. Got turned onto that show after watching a very good documentary on women in comedy. Started watching some of her shows and could not stop laughing. Did you know all of the sketches in that show were single takes? So while it wasn't live, it was as good as because they didn't get a second chance to get it right.

Tim Conway would dilibrately change his lines or say something random to try to get Harvey Korman to laugh while filming.

Comment

Question, who are your 10 favorite stand up comics to watch?

For me, Robin Williams and George Carlin are by far the funniest. After them, in no particular order; Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, Rodney Dangerfield, Eddie Murphy, Andy Kaufman, Steve Martin, Dennis Leary and Don Rickles. I'm sure I am forgetting more than a few good ones, but those are the 10 that I will continually look up old videos when I need a laugh.

I also recommend looking up old Carol Burnett Show re-runs when you need a laugh. Got turned onto that show after watching a very good documentary on women in comedy. Started watching some of her shows and could not stop laughing. Did you know all of the sketches in that show were single takes? So while it wasn't live, it was as good as because they didn't get a second chance to get it right.

Tim Conway would dilibrately change his lines or say something random to try to get Harvey Korman to laugh while filming.
                            oh gosh....idk if I can even pick 10, let alone rank them....
                            I'm a big fan of Louis CK, and Jim Jefferies, in terms of more current ones.

Eddie Murphy is certainly up there if we're talking the classics! Chapelle's stuff from the late 90s is excellent. Oh and Dmitri Martin!

It's been a long time since I actively watching stand up. So many people, old and new, I just don't find that funny.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

If I was on that show with Tim Conway I wouldn't be able to stop laughing. That show was exc.
                              Jonathon Winters was very good in his time. Gallagher was good at times. I'll have to think on this, later.

Comment

For me, Robin Williams and George Carlin are by far the funniest. After them, in no particular order; Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, Rodney Dangerfield, Eddie Murphy, Andy Kaufman, Steve Martin, Dennis Leary and Don Rickles.
                                I'd agree with your choices. Good list.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                                "No...I didn't."
                                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Working...
                                X