This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    Question, who are your 10 favorite stand up comics to watch?
    In no order:

Carlin, Pryor, Seinfeld, Murphy, Rickles, Newhart, Wright, Kinison, Hicks, CK

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

In no order:

Carlin, Pryor, Seinfeld, Murphy, Rickles, Newhart, Wright, Kinison, Hicks, CK
      Also good choices, but I'm not familiar with the last 2
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Winters, Newhart and Kinison are all good picks, didn't think of them.

Jacl Lemon I also find very funny, but I have never seen stand up by him. But in movies and many interviews he has always made me laugh. Lucille Ball is another very funny comedian.

Was never a fan of Seinfeld or CK. Wright is meh funny, makes me chuckle not so much with the laugh. I saw "Bill Cosby Himself" which was hillarious, but really the only time I found him particularly funny.

Didn't Rickles just recently die?

Comment

• Bill Cosby "Himself" was my all time favorite.

It's kind of ruined for me now.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• A comedian on film that I enjoyed was Dom Deluise. Don't know how much stand up he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Also good choices, but I'm not familiar with the last 2
              Louis CK and Bill Hicks

Comment

• I'm not familiar with Bill Hicks either.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                  A comedian on film that I enjoyed was Dom Deluise. Don't know how much stand up he did.
                  I always think of Canon Ball Run when I think of him. Found that movie very funny when I was a kid, haven't seen it in so long IDK if I still will.

Comment

• Another movie my dad and I used to watch when I was a kid was "Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World". A lot of funny people in that.

Airplane and The Jerk are always great ones for a laugh. Old Mel Brooks movies are great too, History of the World Part 1, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles. Monty Python's the Life of Brian is a riot.

If you want a laugh look up Monty Python's cheese shop clip on Youtube, very funny.

Comment

I always think of Canon Ball Run when I think of him. Found that movie very funny when I was a kid, haven't seen it in so long IDK if I still will.
                      I loved those movies. Haven't seen them in a long time

Comment

• John Winters , J Carson , Gleason , Art Carney , B Newhart , R Williams , E Murphy , R Pryor , Jim Carey ,John Candy ,D Letterman... idk theses are the funny guys I like

Comment

Another movie my dad and I used to watch when I was a kid was "Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World". A lot of funny people in that.

Airplane
                          YES!

"No...I didn't."

Comment

• I'll never forget watching the Blues Brothers for the first time. The whole chase scene at the end with the cops and the national guard absolutely killed me.
                            "No...I didn't."

Comment

I liked him in The End, also with Burt. He played Marlin, the nut case.... Ended up trying to kill Burt with a pair of scissors.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FM9F6ChszQ

can't embed doing something wrong
                                Last edited by byron; 09-29-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X