Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People used to accuse Denis Leary of ripping off Bill Hicks' act.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/24305...sed-plagiarism

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      ughh, feel like Im still hung over from Friday night.
      If anyone here has an opportunity to buy any Jim Beam stock, my increased drinking of it alone should have their sales trending way up.

Comment

• I am now bummed out that I didn't go to see Petty at Forest Hills this summer.

I hadn't seen the band in a decade so I figured I should go before they got too old to tour regularly.

Me and Rudy are bummed out, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          I am now bummed out that I didn't go to see Petty at Forest Hills this summer.

I hadn't seen the band in a decade so I figured I should go before they got too old to tour regularly.

My boys Jorma and Jack in Hot Tuna still tour regularly - on their own, at various festivals, plus they have their own guitar camp and music hall in Ohio. They're in their late 70s, now.
          Do Petty's band members stay the same, or does he bring in new musicians as time goes on?

Edit: I'm sorry, just read that Tom Petty may be dead. Didn't know this was what you were upset about.
          Last edited by jimmie ray; 10-02-2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• My God, did you guys see what happened in Vagas last night?

Comment

• Giants season over.
              Tom Petty dead.
              Massacre in Vegas.

Thanks October. I hate you already.
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Saw him 2 years ago in philly and 3X at PNC over the years. The lawn at PNC was great for a Petty concert... ambrosia

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  My God, did you guys see what happened in Vagas last night?
                  They need to eval his brain... something kicked off inside of it. I don't think he was harboring any anger or gripes Maybe a tumor.

Comment

yeah pretty sad loved his work...

Comment

My friend said it was awesome.

Comment

I saw that this morning crazy ****

Comment

Unbelievable

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

My boys Jorma and Jack in Hot Tuna still tour regularly - on their own, at various festivals, plus they have their own guitar camp and music hall in Ohio. They're in their late 70s, now.
                            Do Petty's band members stay the same, or does he bring in new musicians as time goes on?

Edit: I'm sorry, just read that Tom Petty may be dead. Didn't know this was what you were upset about.
                            I've seen HT a few times. Great stuff.

And Petty was unusual in that he managed to largely keep the same band together for forty ears.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Saw him 2 years ago in philly and 3X at PNC over the years. The lawn at PNC was great for a Petty concert... ambrosia
                              I saw him with Dylan and the Dead in the '80s then again about 20 years later. He's just ****ing great.

Comment

I've seen HT a few times. Great stuff.

And Petty was unusual in that he managed to largely keep the same band together for forty ears.
                                Petty and his band gave us a great halftime show, probably one of the last ones seriously musical in nature. When you posted about not seeing him recently, I had no idea about his death. I just thought maybe his band was getting older, and harder to keep together.

Comment

Working...
                                X